PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th May 2017

Options

Comments

• Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone.

DH out and DD at a sleepover, so I am home alone and have just done 2 x MAD 30 minutes on paperwork to make up for missing yesterday's garden session. The garden is still a mess and the bathroom still not cleaned, but the paperwork is looking more under control. It really helped putting the timer on - focussed the mind! I'm now rewarding myself with an episode of Gardener's World - actually just so that I can see Nigel :p
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well - I would just like to say thank you all for joining in with the MAD half hours; I hope they've been productive and spurred you on, which is the point of our thread, really.

Have a lovely weekend all
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

Up and at 'em today. Two loads of washing on the line already, all of us fed and watered, just need to put some make-up on then we are going to the local town for a charity shop mooch. I always want to pop into Fultons for some ice lollies.

Then home for lunch, and picking best friend up at 2.45 to go to a little outdoor party a local pub is having. Games for kiddies etc then going to in-laws for dinner.

It is lovely and sunny here - makes such a difference I think.

Have fab days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've really minded not being able to join in with the MADs this week, but we're still frantically busy. Back to normal at the end of next week because we're both exhausted.

I managed to wash the kitchen floor last night and I've got the WM twirling. Almost keeping up.
    Better is good enough.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bank Holiday Monday

add any cards you need to shopping lists -DONE-check over the Toots list - anything need adding/deleting
    make sure you know who has appointments for what and when - synchronise calendars and diaries
    when is school sports day?
    -

Wishy Washy Wednesday - Kitchen/Dining

Level 1
    Clear the tables
    Level 2
    Wipe down cupboard doors - don't forget those out-of-sight bits like the bottom where drips stop and dry...and handles Iinc door handles)
    Clean hob and splashback
    Level 3
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor
    Shake mats outside

Thursday Thrills

Lounge/sitting rooms
    Level 1
    Open window - DONE
    Vacuum soft furnishings inc. under cushions or wipe (if leather)
    level 2
    Dust everywhere inc electricals
    Empty bins
    Level 3
    Vacuum floor

Hmm... got waylaid by baking yesterday - but did give both landings and sets of stairs a really though vacuum (and a quick vacuum of visible areas of flooring in the kids' rooms) Heap of ironing to put away after a mammoth session yesterday (still more to do - I really think my family (exclusing me, obv!) should think about becoming nudists! :rotfl::rotfl:) and will then dust and vac in living room :)

Looking like another nice day here.... :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning,

Lots achieved this morning, including checking over finances and taking meter readings etc.

Washing is out in the sunshine, piggies are out in the sunshine, DD is at ballet and DS is sat at my desk with a snack.

I have loads of laundry around too, I've sorted into piles as to who they belong to. Later today I'll tidy the conservatory, and sweep. Seem to have a hay explosion in there.

Hopefully kiddies will be outdoors most of the day and ready for a good sleep tonight, bedtimes have been erratic this week...

Going to weigh and measure the kids too - DD especially is getting too big! Had to ask her dance teacher if she had any size 1 pumps this morning... :eek:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    Well - I would just like to say thank you all for joining in with the MAD half hours; I hope they've been productive and spurred you on, which is the point of our thread, really.
    As I've been using the MAD half-hours to deal with my Frogs, does that make me mad as a box of frogs??:rotfl:
    I'll get my coat......

Mr LW finished off the grass by cutting the front lawn this morning (I was simply too shattered to do it yesterday after doing the back); I've washed the bedlinen as always on a Saturday, and also done another WM load so that we don't come home to a binful of washing as well as the holiday washing. Hopefully it'll all dry outside.

My anxiety levels are sky-high today; this always happens when we're about to go on holiday, but this year I'm seriously in danger of losing it completely. :( Oh well, I dare say I shall survive; I wish I knew how to cope with this though, after all, holidays are supposed to be good things, right?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Phew! Been chopping at trees and hauling branches around. It was on my to do list but had a letter from the electricity board saying it was too close to the street light and would I cut it back or shall they do it :eek:

Anyway the light now has clearance around it, but it's still a reasonable shape rather than hacked by someone who doesn't have to see it every day...

Kids have painted outside, pics currently flapping on my washing line lol. I'm just having 10 minutes peace :o

Today's laundry is sorted into piles and we'll have a marathon putting away session tonight, and baths I think.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,050 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have cleaned the kitchen top half.. DW run 4 times and then did a superwash cycle.. hoping it makes less noise!
    I have bought tesco.. the shop, it all fit in 1 trolley, and in the boot of the car.
    Cooked dinner, hung out laundry, bossed OH mercilessly.. so grass cut (he was doing that anyway) tools out to the shed, baby fed, shifting and carrying all his task..

Tonight I have about 400 loads of laundry to fold ready to go away tomorrow and OH has a baby to entertain and a dw to load and a BBQ to clean..

My life is so exciting I could fall asleep.

OOH I sent a snotty email too.. Lovely company, infuriating appliance!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bank Holiday Monday
    toots list - anything need adding/deleting
    make sure you know who has appointments for what and when - synchronise calendars and diaries
    when is school sports day?
    -

Wishy Washy Wednesday - Kitchen/Dining

Level 1
    Clear the tables
    Level 2
    Wipe down cupboard doors - don't forget those out-of-sight bits like the bottom where drips stop and dry...and handles Iinc door handles)
    Clean hob and splashback
    Level 3
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor
    Shake mats outside

Thursday Thrills

Lounge/sitting rooms
    Level 1
    Vacuum soft furnishings inc. under cushions or wipe (if leather) DONE
    level 2
    Dust everywhere inc electricals=done
    Empty bins=done
    Level 3
    Vacuum floor= done

Did living room today and hallway and 1.5hours ironing - all done now, including the washing dried earlier today on the line :j

Did more baking - white loaf, brown loaf and a dozen and a half soft rolls. And then fakeaway Nand0s for dinner - nom :) Tomorrow will therefore be finishing off the kitchen (and making a Roman shield for smallest's homework with him (I may be in charge of the painting - just too messy otherwise! :eek:) Schoolbags are checked and packed (inc PE kits) ready for Mon morning :T
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport