PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th May 2017

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2017 at 1:41PM
    Options
    THANK YOU all so so much. I've just logged on again and reading your lovely messages has cheered me up no end. We have just had lunch - eaten from paper party plates and with paper cups - they loved it. I am too hard on myself a lot of the time.

You're all fab.

LW - I hope you manage to enjoy some of your break - hopefully once you are there you will be able to relax xx

Cuppa time and, shock horror, I am actually going to put a film on for them and relax for an hour xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Speaking of dizzy, hope she's ok xxx

Thanks Bossy :D I'm here, just lurking after a full-on week. ATB - I'm pretty sure I would've gladly swapped my "fun-packed" half term break for a relaxed week at home.

Hope your holiday goes well LW - when all else fails, I find wine helps...

Skids going back to their mum today, via London, on the train. I'm beside myself and just holding things together. Bizarrely, I booked trains via Victoria instead of London Bridge. I just had an uneasy feeling when I booked, so changed their usual route. Clearly I must be a witch :eek:

My sister's niece and her mum were at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester when it was bombed and the chap who delivered my marble fireplace was on Westminster Bridge last time London was targetted.

Can you be a jinx to other people? :(
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Atb - you managed more than me this half term :) - the best bit for my kids was when we went to Sains and did the Leg0 card swap and they completed their sets (I say swap - we handed in around 20 cards between the 2 boys and they managed to complete their sets by obtaining around 85 cards each! - the Sains staff member was great! :D) Other than that they've been here and we've not done much at all - lots of their classmates have been away on hols/ days out etc according to fbook. I just wanted/ needed some down time, tbh - so they had to have it too
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Bank Holiday Monday
    toots list - anything need adding/deleting
    make sure you know who has appointments for what and when - synchronise calendars and diaries
    when is school sports day?
    -

Wishy Washy Wednesday - Kitchen/Dining

Level 1
    Clear the tables - bothe covered in Leg0!
    Level 2
    Wipe down cupboard doors - don't forget those out-of-sight bits like the bottom where drips stop and dry...and handles Iinc door handles)
    Clean hob and splashback DONE
    Level 3
    Sweep/mop/vacuum floor - quick vac. Was thoroughly vacced and mopped at beginning of week when I dropped a bottle of (my favourite :() wine over it...
    Shake mats outside - vaccumed them :)

No more flying as such now - that'll do for this week. Will prep some lunches later and label/ freeze rolls for smalls to help on the mornings

See you on the new thread :0
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oo-er! Was just chatting with my dad about whether or not to plan another holiday and he said why doesn't he take us to his place in Spain?

They go tomorrow for a month but he said they might go in September too, but he and us could go in the last week of the summer hols and we could fly home before school starts and he will stay. Blimey! Wasn't expecting that! He said he'll call me later as we'll need to book now together the cheaper flights :T

Kitchen sorted after dinner, bags and uniforms ready for morning, butties made. This half term has gone fast.

DS is just in the bath and DD getting dry so I'll do her hair and sort some supper then an early night for them. And I might do another hour at my homework!

See you all tomorrow!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aw atb dont want to kick you up the bum, want to give you a hug. Social media is evil for making you feel inadequate, being a parent to little ones is damned hard work and you do a fine job.

I am blindly staggering forward in a fog of tiredness. Both jobs been manically busy, tons of stuff to do at home, in fact I have just been doing some paperwork for DH. Its got so bad that the kids and DH have taken pity on me and tidied and hoovered so that tells you how dire things are!

Early night. Fresh start tomorrow.
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Atb I'm sure you're doing a brilliant job, at least you've taken them out the house :D There's a page/blog I follow on fb called 'Peter and Jane', she has some rather witty and dry remarks about 'keeping up with the Jones'!

Hope you enjoy your holiday LW once you get there.

Dailies have been done here plus a big tidy up upstairs.
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all!

Valli, ionafan and other teachers - any advice?
    I am so dreading going back to work tomorrow that, after a long chat with my Dad and a close look at my finances, I have decided to resign! I do not need any more of the stress of management who are inconsistent, put pressure on people and generally make you feel like carp. I feel like a weight has been lifted! Only problem is, they may not accept my resignation as I think my notice should have been handed in by 31st May. Hopefully, they'll allow it as it was half term last week and no-one was in school. Valli, ionafan and other teachers - any advice?

atb - the others are right - when I ask children about the favourite part of their holidays, they often talk about watching films, going to see nanny, playing in the garden, etc.

LW - have a lovely time x

Ooh, bossy, sounds lovely x

Minimal flying, I'm afraid (what's new!!) :o
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry it's late tonight, as most of you know it's a bit bad at home at the moment so please bear with me if I am late with the day's lists next week...

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Froddington Big hugs x

Ironing done
    Half term survived
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors