PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th May 2017

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    washing on the line.
    Breakfast scoffed
    showered...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    - Dog walked - she rolled in horse manure so has now had a bath too!
    - WM on
    - TD on (raining here now)

About to go to paid stuff - kiddies are winding each other up no end today so I will be happy to go out for a couple of hours!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    FurryFox ate my post! :mad:

Anyways, gist of it was:
    Bathroom today = good, as I want weekend tasks all done before we leave on Monday, and bathroom is technically a weekend task (ie I can't manage it alone, so was always assigned to weekend when Mr LW was working, and we've never bothered changing the arrangement).

MAD half hours = several Frogs less in my pond, thank you Valli.

Packing needs finishing, but we're getting there.

Need to print maps for journey (we don't have sat nav) and find big girl knickers as I'm still nervous travelling, even 2 years after the accident.

Note to Flyfriends - I won't be around next week. ;)

Now, I shall hit "submit" before FurryFox eats this one. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,837 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely time Lamewolf - we'll miss you.

Washing in, raining.

Huge ironing pile completely done!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a quick check in while eating a sandwich at work.
    Have a lovely break LW.
    Hugs to ATB.
    Yesterday did not go to plan. The kitchen got a bit of a clean, and I even managed to mop the floor. Living room just about got a quick swipe of the vacuum cleaner, before DD was ready to go to the cinema. Needless to say, the cinema was empty as everyone was out enjoying the lovely day! By the time we got back from the cinema, dentist appointment and a quick trip to Mr M, I had lost my MAD slot for the day :mad:
    Glad it's bathroom today, as that really needs it when I get home.
    Have good afternoons all, catch you later.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have a nice break LW xx

Been out and only just back so not a lot happened yet apart from loading DW. Have bought pack-up essentials and visited my mother. Then McDs :eek:

I'm going to get the iron out to deal with uniforms. Yuck.

Think we're all tired here - not really great for the end of half term... Earlier nights tonight!

Right, I might get some spuds in the oven for later and do this ironing...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all. Have a great holiday LW.

Paid stuff now finished for the week. New temp job is great but I have brain ache and just need to switch off now.

Did some of the kitchen tasks this morning so pleased with that.

Going to read the paper now and try not to nod off.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I decided to get the back lawn cut before we go away, as it'll be over-long and hard work when we get back otherwise. So that's done - good decision, as it's now raining! :D

Mr LW is busy cleaning shoes; bless him he does mine as well, as he knows it's a task I loathe with a passion (I'd sooner scrub the loo - honestly, that's how much I hate shoe-cleaning). :A
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,054 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fracture clinic visited.. Dots cast fixed... they don't want to redo it in case it disturbs the pins so repairs it is.

Ebeasty stuff posted.. I need to get more listed but my will to do it has scarpered.

New budget being sorted.. it is really difficult not knowing what is supposed to be going where.

I have still got nothing at all done and must get the kitchen and front room sorted tomorrow at least.. My sanity is gone and my brain is fried.. roll on school on Monday the girls have been horrific this week!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Duckydo
    Duckydo Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Wm x2 and dailies done here today. Docs for DH and physio for myself done this morning. Then a lovely long afternoon spent going on a fairy hunt round a garden estate.

Oh and good deed done for the day as I rescued ducklings from a busy road. We came round the corner in the car and mumma duck was leading her babies over the road, unfortunately one succumbed to the car :( . I got DH to turn round and check on them, luckily we did as mumma had jumped the wall but the ducklings couldn't get over. So spent a few minutes lifting the very small and fluffy bundles back to safety.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure