PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 29th May 2017

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning, everyone! :) Thanks for the thread, Valli (thanks to Natty for last week's too - even if I didn't do any of it - but I did read along! :)

Half term this week - so a week off work (although OH is away Tues-Fri working) Need to do some fun stuff with smalls, but also achieve some progress in the house!

Bank Holiday Monday Pic'n'mix
    A simple list to start the week...

S&S kitchen
    S&S bathroom
    5 - 15 minute room straightening (if more than one room needs your Flylady touch just do 5 minutes in each.

Whatever the room... (living room)

spend no more than 15 minutes in there and do any of the following that is appropriate or relevant

open the window for fresh air
    neatly draw back curtains/blinds
    plump cushions and replace
    empty bins
    vacuum centre of floor
    tidy any piles on coffee/lamp/occasional tables
    put newspapers/magazines away
    re-home gibble
    pile coasters neatly

And a new month looms...sometime this week...

add any cards you need to shopping lists
    check over the Toots list - anything need adding/deleting
    make sure you know who has appointments for what and when - synchronise calendars and diaries
    when is school sports day?

And my new idea which I am going to implement tomorrow...

MAD half hour
    Make a Difference

'Binus' must do item for me today - have appointment at accountants to sign off co accounts tomorrow - ideally need to sort and take in mine and OH's personal tax stuff too (as well as each taking a salary from co I also have 2 part time jobs and then there's savings interest and rental income to sort - last one has lots of expenses attached for last tax year as property was empty for part of it and we put in new kitchen, carpets and redecorated)

Stomach has now been filled (naughty but yummy BH breakfast of pain au chocolat & croissant) so time to get dressed and get on with it , I suppose! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the lists. I'm also looking forward the the MAD half hour, I just need to make up my mind what they will be as there seems to be a queue waiting to be included!
    Today I HAVE to stay indoors and on list...there has been too much gardening and too little done indoors. I've just realised that I have no meal plan for the week, so at the moment we aren't going to eat....that's how much I need this thread to kick me into touch!
    DH is out all day at FiL, DD safely home yesterday afternoon and will likely sleep for England today, so no excuses.....I'm sure that I can come up with a few though ;)
    WM is on with towels in it. I might hang them outside as long as I keep an eye on the weather. We didn't get the storms and heavy rain yesterday, but it rained a bit in the night. I didn't sleep particularly well as it was still warm, so am feeling a bit groggy this morning. Another cuppa IS going to sort that out, as I am now procrastinating. Onwards and upwards, and I'll check in later. X
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    Options
    I have
    - tidied all rooms downstairs
    - watered the indoor plants and flowers (him upstairs watered the garden for me during the night :))
    - cleared my desk
    - cleared the study floor
    - sorted and filed all my college papers
    - updated my Toots list

DH jumped in the shower before I could get there, so I need to do that next ;)
    then I will make :coffee:

After that I will have no excuse not to do my essay :eek:

Need to bake cakes for DS1+2 this evening :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    Mount ironmore conquered! Towels hanging outside. DW emptied and kitchen S&S. Freezer diving has produced some chorizo sausages for tea. Bathroom s&s next on list after a coffee and a (ahem) restorative chocolate biscuit...
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I need to be in this week, as we're away next week and I'd like to leave the place fit to be seen (Mr LW's pal will be dropping by daily to check all is ok).

I still seem to be floored by the sheer numbers of Frogs croaking at me, so I think MADs will be "Grab a Frog - any Frog - and eat it" style of thing. I'm hoping the MAD instruction will work as the equivalent of sauteing (sp?) the Frog in garlic butter. :D

Also we need to get our suitcases organised - I've already sorted out all the meds we need to take with us, so that's a start.

Whole bungalow was thoroughly Dys0nned yesterday (another cylinder of Cassie-hair in the bin) and Mr LW obligingly moved furniture so I could do underneath and behind.:A

I think he's sorting out underwear to take away, so perhaps the next task is to do likewise - I'm a bit light on bras that I don't fall out of, so better set aside the better ones for the holiday, methinks.:o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, me again.

Just had an early lunch. Having completed most of my list, I'm now going to alternate between MAD half hours and the list.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Done paid stuff, volunteering cancelled due to weather. I've also:

- showered
    - fed cat and dog as well as neighbours cat
    - WM on
    - meals planned for the week
    - tidied some bits away

In-laws are treating us to a takeaway tonight and DH is cooking us some lunch. Might get play doh out for kids after lunch (shuddering at the thought of the mess already!) x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Jazee
    Options
    In my 30 minutes, I have sorted the cupboard under the sink and now have some space in there for anything I want to move from another cupboard. Also have tidied (but not quite finished) the oils and vinegars of which there are many.

Was also nice to kneel down knowing that just for a change, the floor is clean.

Official list now.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello, can I join in again please? Had a rather bonkers couple of weeks here but what with bank holidays and school holidays I'm hoping for a bit more time this week.

Wet wet wet here today and we were out in the garden most of yesterday so we're having a day at home. Kiddies are not yet dressed and are having lunch on the rug. Piggies are in the conservatory stretching their legs as its too wet for lawn-time. Garden looks good though after all the pressure-washing. Apart from when it conked out and left me with one patch unfinished :doh:

We tidied bedrooms and dusted and vacced all upstairs last night and LR is tidy if you turn a blind eye to the tablecloth on the floor with all DD craft stuff on, what else can she do in a wet bank hol?

Love the idea of MAD half hours. I think mine might be paperwork this week. Seem a bit overrun with the stuff...

Think I'll S&S the downstairs lol first...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Jazee
    Options
    Welcome back Bossy. Miss your posts.

Newspapers and magazines now sorted and more kitchen cupboards tidy.

Next I will S&S the downstairs loo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family