We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just wondered. Our local authority from whom I rent will pay if it's accidental.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2017 at 8:12PM
    Options
    Oh maybe? I can't see the cost on the site. It says this

Cost of initial call out + a standard admin fee + cost of the repair (listed below) = total price

There are two call out charges, £54 for emergencies and £39 for non-emergencies. We’ll only charge for one call out or inspection per repair.

We also need to cover our administration costs, with a £12 fee per invoice

Reglaze £48.58. Can't find the price of a new handle :(

Along with this when I go to fill in the form to report the repair needed

Please know that we need to charge you for some repairs. These are not limited to but include if we need to fix property damage caused by someone in your household or a visitor, change a lock if you lose your keys or replace a light bulb for you. If we carry out a repair, which is your responsibility under our repairs policy, we’ll charge you the cost of any initial call out to make safe or diagnose the repair plus the cost of the repair and a one off administration fee of £12. For some non-urgent repairs you'll have the option to complete the works yourself within 28 days. In those instances we reserve the right to inspect that work to ensure it’s up to standard and we’ll charge for the cost of that inspection which is £51.00. Before reporting a repair we ask that you read our repairs information leaflet, found on the ‘our repairs service’ page of our website, to check whether the repair is your responsibility. If you need more advice about your repair, please call us on ***. Please tick the box below to confirm that you have read this guidance.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    From that it does seem that you are responsible. When it happened to me it was children playing in the communal area who caused it (playing with a ball) so although it was accidental it wasn't my fault. Maybe that's what the difference was.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I'm not going to report it yet :o I'm going to swap it with one the kids can't get to it and decide what to do :o
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh heck! What happened? Are you sure it's classed as your fault?
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I think so, I don't want to ask them and drop myself in it :o Have swapped it to the bathroom and will see what I can do without contacting them :o

I need to sort some clothes for the smalls, keep looking on ebay but I think I might have a look around town. They don't need much, they spend the majority of the time in their uniforms! However ironing before I noticed how tired things had become and all 3 seem to have jumped sizes!
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

I am hoping to get some baking done tonight... bread and maybe more scones / cakes... mmmmm
    Originally posted by UncannyScot

”Is that an invite?

Ah now, missus, you know my friends don't need an invite, welcome anytime ;)

Hope you get the window fixed with no problems
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I think swapping the windows round resolve the problem for now :)

Yep I'm awake at near 2am again yawn.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you've broken the glass. Is it a handle or something like that.?
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning HI.

Firstly I just want to say a massive well done, you have achieved so much in such a short space of time.

Secondly regarding the window, if its the handle that has broken you can buy replacements on £bay/screwfix (we had to replace some) I think I paid around £8.

Have a good day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport