When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,694 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    HI The benefits system is there for exactly the sort of situation you find yourself in. When you go back to work hopefully you will not need it as much (maybe still tax credits and housing/council tax support?) but you must claim. Have you simply been living off survey/tax credits/child benefit or has your OH been paying you something?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I have been managing from survey money (it paid the rent and electric and milk) Used my Amazon vouchers for a pantry order of nappies/wipes diet coke and baking things... priorities ;)

My tax credits isn't sorted yet :o and my child benefit I don't think will change I hope not, I want that to pay tomorrows rent :o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,037 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you've been managing on just that you'll see a big difference when the benefits start.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Thanks all. Really not much done today other than being on the phone and keeping the kids alive.

I don't think I've been so happy to see 6pm and know I can be in bed (or more like on the sofa with a duvet and hot water bottle) within an hour and peace will be the description of Hidden household.

Couple of appointments in the morning, between the GP and another medical appointment for me then youngest has a review at the respiratory team to clarify some med reviews. They sent a letter totally contradicting the Consultant so we'll see where that takes us.

I really hope the weather is better for that, if not at least dry! Otherwise we will be very wet considering none of them are in the same place :(

Haven't done much on PA this week, surveys have taken a back seat while dealing with some bigger issues behind the scenes in Hidden house. Still I can't fix them short term so no further forward, anyway more time to tackle that next week. Along with that and the kids being home PA is definitely feeling neglected and only around £30 jumping its way over to circle this week.
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow Hidden, just caught up, I cant believe you are famous on the MSE email :T

I am glad you made the claim, you are doing really well but as everyone said, benefits are a safety net for when things go wrong and you have had a run of bad luck, despite this you are doing a fab job with your kids and you just need a little helping hand until you are back on your feet. I for one would be happy that my tax went on people in your situation. Keep up the good work.

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Hiddenidenity
    edited 28 July 2017 at 2:10AM
    Options
    I can't sleep again! No wonder I'm such an awful mood in the day :o

Have a million things to do in the morning and I know at this rate I'll not want to move off the sofa :o

Well time spent cleaning :o I give up on the idea of sleep. Have made a cuppa and listening to the rain. Still hoping it clears up a bit so we don't get too wet going to town.

I'm sure I'll be back at 3am with another update :o
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Hope you managed to get some sleep last night HI. I always go to bed v early (I getup at 4:30am for yoga before everyone else wakes up), but last night woke up at 10:30 and was awake for about two hours - not really feeling amazing this morning. Insomnia is the worst.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    It was a really weird night and now both girls have been awake since before 5! I'm hoping they fall back to sleep in my bed if I keep them hostage long enough and we can nap :rotfl:

Not surprised you don't feel the best. I find it hard on a good 5 hours usually! And you never seem to stop. Love your lists though :D
  • moneymanager
    moneymanager Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Hidden, sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep last night. Hopefully you can get a wee nap in somewhere today. xx
    Barclaycard: £4,217.55/£5 = 0.11% | Tesco £3,810.55/£3,770.55 = 1.05%
    Total: £8,027.80/£5 = 100%/0.06%
    Mortgage £99,692/£51,652.33 51.8%
    Car Loan: £9,217.20/7,527.38 81.67%
    My Money Managing Ways
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Debt 28/07/17

Council Tax [STRIKE]£2092.71[/STRIKE] £1710 (£60 paid)
    Fine 2 [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] £35 (£5 paid)
    Aunt £1000
    Mum £340 + [STRIKE]£87[/STRIKE]
    Step Dad £1000
    Friend [STRIKE]£1379[/STRIKE] £1360

Total [STRIKE]£6098.71[/STRIKE] £5445 (£653.71 paid)

Rent arrears [STRIKE]£3381.28[/STRIKE] £3035 (£346.28 paid)

Debt + Rent [STRIKE]£9479.99[/STRIKE] £8480 (£999.99 paid)

Waiting for PA to hit the bank to pay a little more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure