When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Write to them with his new address. You really shouldn't still be paying to his debts. If they won't discuss with you on the phone then that's your best way forwards I should think. Maybe send it "signed for" so you have tracking on it (not special delivery - that's pricey, just the standard signed for) and then once you know it's arrived tell him it's over to him to make payments on. If they then write to him at your address you can return the post marked "gone away - see letter of X date for details".

As for forgetting to eat, you wouldn't forget to feed the kids would you? So put yourself on the same level of priority. Better still all sit down and eat together - if their evening meal is a bit early for you you can always have a small portion with them and then a supper later after they've gone to bed?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was going to suggest that you write to them as well and send it recorded delivery (if that's what it's still called). Keep a copy of the letter in case of any problems and maybe ask them to confirm that they have noted his change of address. You should definitely not be paying his fine, It's his problem not yours.
    And good idea about having something to eat with the wee ones.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I always sit with them (we use the time to chat about random stuff that's on their minds etc) I just never eat with them, I usually grab something when they're in bed and I've done my jobs.

I will write the letter along with still trying over the phone too, I'm not going to pay anything else to it anyway I can't afford too right now.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's good. Actually it might be better if you put it in writing anyway. That way you'll have proof that you've told them.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Well another day over, glad its bedtime :o I think we will go out tomorrow so I don't become the estates babysitter :cool: I've only just got rid of the last stray child and mine are all bathed and in bed! Won't be doing it again.

Although they've all made cornflake cakes and have gone home happy! I have no idea how it ended in around 13 kids that don't belong to me joining in but it's done now.

Mine are all happy and showered and in bed. Now I need to finish cleaning and shower then exOH is coming for some letters that came in the post etc.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,403 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad the council tax discount is sorted. Hope you can get rid of OH's fine, it's not yours, you shouldn't be paying it.

Make sure you put yourself on your very long to do list xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Arthurs_Rose
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to pop in and say Hi, i've read your entire diary (over about a week) and think you doing amazing. Rose x
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Gosh, I haven't caught up on your diary for a while and so much has changed. Hope you're doing ok and managing to get all the finances straight.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Morning thanks for popping in :D

The weather is awful. Not sure what we'll do today maybe paint and crafty things. We've cleaned, showered and got dressed, girls had their nails painted and hair done so are now being a 'princess'

Not sure what to do for dinner today, its really cold and wet! so maybe they can make soup or casserole.

Going to have a catch up on some surveys while I have my coffee and they are playing with the dolls house and then crack on with something else to entertain and feed them.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Weather is pants here too HI! Winter comfort sounds like the order of the day!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport