edited 21 April 2017 at 9:04PM in Debt free diaries
2K replies 132.1K views

Replies

• RosaBerniciaRosaBernicia Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yay, pleased to hear that! 
    Do ask them when you can get access to their loyalty tariffs - 8 months? - I think they do it for the flexible ie price capped as well as the fixed. 
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • UncannyScotUncannyScot Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hiya RosaBernicia

We're still e-mailing back n forth atm.

I'm currently on smart PAYG with BG (who will not switch me to credit meter) and top up via an app (no key thingy or cards)...

The 8 legged are just starting to roll out smart PAYG, so they're asking me to ask BG to switch my meters over to credit meters remotely...

So, I've asked 8 legged, should I tell BG I'm leaving them for the 8 legged and ask them to switch my meters to credit meters so as to allow the switch to my new provider...

A wee bit of hassle, which will be worth it just to get the hell away from BG...

I'll update later, once I know what's happening

Getting onto a monthly DD Tariff that doesn't cost me a fortune is my goal, so those loyalty tarrifs sound good :smiley:

Much love fae me n the Dug 
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    81K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Great news  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    YA DANCER!!!

Great News folks - I contacted BG and told them I needed the meters switched to credit mode as I was switching suppliers... they sorted it without any hassle. Meters are being switched to credit mode with DD capability tomorrow.

The lovely lass at 8 legged just needs photos of both my meters (which I'll sort out and send tonight when I get home from work) and she will get things moving to get me switched as quickly as possible.

So far, so good... I may even be able to go directly onto a monthly DD Tariff with the 8 legged :smiley:

Will update tomorrow.

It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    16.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Great news about the switch 🥳
    Christmas Savings 2022 £417.76/£600
    August NSD: 3
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    81K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    That's great  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • pebpeb Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hurrah! All sounding grand
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning Folks!

Just poppin in with a quick update...

Meters have now been changed to credit mode with monthly DDs on BG's Standard Variable Tariffs and the costs have been revised accordingly as no longer on the higher costing PAYG Standard Variable... this has now dropped the costs to about £27 less over the year compared to my quote from 8 legged which was based on a PAYG account.

So, to counter this, I've asked the lovely lass at 8 legged if she can revise my quote from PAYG to one of their Monthly DD Tariffs for comparison.

Needless to say, BG would not move me to a Credit Meter any other time I asked but the minute I said I'm moving supplier, no problem... strange that eh?

Anyway, just waiting to hear back from the 8 legged provider.
    Will try and pop on again later if I get further updates.

Busy day at work today, as most of my afternoon is taken up with meetings...

Have a grand day awbiddy

R.I.P. T.P.
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Afro Folks!

Well, the lovely lass at 8 legged has came back with lower rates than BG, so I've agreed to switch and will be a Monthly DD paying customer in about 17 days time :smiley:

I'll provide further updates as I get them.

R.I.P. T.P.
  • Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Well done. a little bit of perseverance pays off. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.