A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think the older you get, the more orderly you are with your packing! One day DD will have packed a bag the day before travel with help from a list she had prepared in advance..........:D.

Good idea on the basket for her things. My DD despairs of her stepson's bedroom - the cleaner can never get to clean in there because of the mess! He is nearly 19 too!

You've a busy day today inod - hope all goes well.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Well the Sunday night event started 25 mins late due to an absence of planning and it over ran. I was back in there on Monday and it isn't good. There are problems and instead of Board members helping, they are all diving for cover. Still, I'm only in for a half day today. Then I need to go see mother as it's her birthday and then need to get the 200 mile drive underway to do client work tomorrow. I'll be breaking the journey with a friend but am dreading getting home tomorrow evening after I spend a day delivering two back to back training sessions.
    We had to pick up bread milk and a birthday card last night. That, along with some other bits and pieces inc salad for DH's lunch (I will get that £5 a day) and the bill was £23. It did include two packs of my favourite sausages that were on a multi buy. Looks like sausage sarnies for dinner tomorrow evening.

On money news, a client paid for a half day's work yesterday which is good. I now have one outstanding but not overdue invoice but need to get admin done and some more issued. I also need to book a hotel for this evening. Gotta see where I can get best cashback. Also, got sb swago underway last night which is progressing well. I'm 58% towards my next voucher and once pa funds have cleared! I will be able to cash out another £20.

Right, need to get a wiggle on. Today I am grateful for
    Lime marmalade
    Seeing former colleagues
    Smiles from a young relative
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,374 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I dont know how you do it.
    I really dont.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EarlyRetirement
    Options
    Just been having a little read of your diary, you are doing so well. :)
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 June 2018 at 7:40AM
    Options
    beanie I do it by turning a blind eye to all the house work that needs done and by abdicating any responsibility for cooking, etc. oh and eating the chocolate and ice cream that i should avoid like the plague.

Hi Early Retirement, good to see you. a name like yours inspires people like me.

so, got lost finding my hotel last night when I took a call from the nightmare client. it was around 10.15. between fielding calls and making calls, it was after midnight before i got to bed. i then was up and about at seven this morning getting lost all over again. having said that, it was a really good day's work with lots of good feedback. i also managed to drive home without stopping off at my favourite outlet village which is a big plus.
    Today I got email confirmation that a big invoice was paid. that means that i can afford the course i need to do and to pay my insurance when it comes due in august.

today i am grateful for
    safe travels
    a welcome from the dog and DH
    tea and a sausage sarnie
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the big invoice.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today I'm back at the nightmare client but I'm catching up with a friend at lunchtime too. We used to lunch together 2 or 3 times a week and now it's closer to 2 or 3 times a year. We've both changed jobs, she's had a baby and we're better at cancelling than meeting up so it'll be good to see her. We are going to a bargain bucket place that we both like though it'll still cost more than my £1 on site lunch.

I'm dreading what I'm going into today but it's a few hours until lunch and that's how I will get through it. I have a feeling though that I'm needed back this evening. Still, that will get me another £30.

It's so warm here but I was so shattered last night that I slept through. Did I mention that when I saw my mum on Tuesday, she kindly told me that I looked haggard! Way to go to boost confidence.

Today I'm aiming to work out the expense I'm due and pay them this evening. This should leave me able to contribute something towards our emergency fund that has recently been supplemented by the sale of tickets to the gig we didn't get to. Anyhow, I need to go in search of something cool to wear. Today I am grateful for
    Air con in the car
    Ready access to clean cool water
    This nightmare job giving me the chance to catch up with a friend
  • beanielou
    Options
    Enjoy your lunch.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Lunch was good and I was given a belated birthday present of theatre vouchers which is great. I decided yesterday that enough was enough. I emailed through my withdrawal from the nightmare job. It's been too much for too little for too long. Unfortunately, I didn't have the sense to get out for that reason. There is a toxic presence there who has called my professionalism and integrity into question.. While it's the loss of a regular income, I'd sooner do without. He also has protected species status so I have no faith I. His being called into line. Today I am meeting the person who brought me into the organisation. She requested a meeting and I think that is only fair.
    On other news, the heat continues. I want to waken up feeling cold!
    There is lots to get done today and over the weekend but apart from shopping and making us of the £5 off voucher, I don't think there is much in the diary. Back door and skylights will be opened even though blue bottles see this as a personal invitation. Does anyone know what to do with these? I hate them!

Anyhow, gotta get going. Today I am grateful for
    Having made a decision
    Some very supportive words
    A home I can return to and close the door on the world
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think getting out of a nightmare situation is an excellent move especially as there's a toxic person there. You may even find it opens up space for something more suitable. Here's hoping you have a constructive meeting with the person who brought you into it, then you can leave and not have to go back.

Theatre vouchers are a great idea: I'm sure you'll find a use for them! I don't have a liking for bluebottles either... they've been a rare phenomenon for months then suddenly they're back in force. I'm with you on doors and windows open (and curtains shut) in this weather. :) I love having a breeze blow through the house.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport