A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm sure DS will be very grateful for the loan, but the EF talk is an excellent idea :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, money has been transferred but is still showing in my sig as it should be back shortly. Also had a very brief chat with dd yesterday. Need to get a proper conversation with her. I also need to go see the wicked witch as it’s been over a week.
    Tonight will be a late one at the client. I am, as usual, tired. I moved something forward yesterday which is good while a toxic staff member once again attempted to cause me to take 2 steps back. I have a high risk strategy to deal with her. She is a nightmare who believes she can threaten me with her trade union so I’m suggesting that we have a round table discussion with them present.
    Anyhow, yesterday I picked up some of the planned for Christmas food which is good. We need to eat out of the freezer for a while. Space is starting to be at a premium. I need to get going but just want to get back under the covers.
    Today I am grateful for
    House of Fraser reissuing a gift card, I thought it was dead money
    A cash back bonus on a £10 spend on the dog
    Positive feedback from two sources
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • That's good you got the gift card from House of Fraser.

I love your grateful log each day, inspiring me to start my own.

Dxxx
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news about the gift card :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to the gift card!

Your high risk strategy might just call her bluff, or if not, at least show her just how serious you are.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I agree with Cherry about the high risk strategy, she's probably bluffing and you've just called her bluff.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've always found unions to be pretty reasonable, particularly when their members are being idiots ;). So fingers crossed a meeting will sort the problem out.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Echoing others on the round table discussion inod.

Good news on the gift voucher and the iPad!:j

And excellent idea on the forthcoming discussion with DS re. the EF. Never too early to learn!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    The plan was to stay at home yesterday until 11 and get on top of other client work. With emails and phone interruptions I didn’t get away until after two. Went into the nightmare where the troublemaker was causing trouble. She doesn’t realise the extent to which she is playing into my hands but it is what it is. Got away at after nine. I’m going in today but need to be away by 2.00 I have a conference call at 2.30 and then a meeting in a coffee shop at 3.30. I will visit my mother.

I finally caught up with dd last night, she’s having a time of it but hopefully I’ve persuaded her to book flights home for Christmas as opposed to driving/sailing. She had planned her journey expecting to bring the dog back but has yet to sort alternative dog friendly accommodation. She was talking about handing in notice in her current place on the first of dec in the hope she would get things sorted magically over Christmas when she will be here for a week!

And now for the non news, I am tired!
    Anyhow, we are at the halfway point in the week and I am relieved.

Today I am grateful for
    Keeping my temper in check
    A catch up with a different client
    Dh
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You are a better woman than me.
    I don’t know how you do it.
    Xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback