feel so stupid

Options

Comments

• jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Maybe we could come up with a forum phrase - PWA for people with autism, or PAS for people on the autistic spectrum, which would be quick to type and less grating. I must admit my toes curl every time I see the word 'autistics'.

Towser - a very good female friend of mine has just fought for and finally got her diagnosis. She reminds me of you in that she is also very high achieving intellectually. You might find her blog useful (although I warn you, it's very a very long read if you read all of it!) - it's at https://finallyknowingme.wordpress.com/
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Wayne_O_Mac
    Options
    Towser wrote: »
    I knew somebody would nit pick at this..
    Not wanting people to use ableist language is nitpicking, is it?
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Not wanting people to use ableist language is nitpicking, is it?

Wayne, if you read on, you'll see that the person who says this has apologised later in the thread. So maybe delete this comment and I'll delete this? :)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Wayne, if you read on, you'll see that the person who says this has apologised later in the thread. So maybe delete this comment and I'll delete this? :)

Are you planning on deleting the ones where she calls people bullying trolls (twice?!)!
  • jobbingmusician
    edited 15 April 2017 at 1:25PM
    Options
    *sigh* As you will know if you pay ANY attention to this forum, I do not delete other people's posts (spam excepted) - neither do any other forum guides. I simply report them, and you can do likewise. Incidentally, I note that the posts you reference have already been deleted.

• sam_m
    sam_m Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Well i didn't want to do it but i decided to do the voluntary work i was asked to at the castle the other day and im in my lunch break. I really do get angry though sometimes because i do more then some people who get paid.

For example i started off the day doing litter picking around the castle, then i helped out in the gift shop for a couple of hours, then i also helped out at the cafe they have at the castle for 1 hour and finished by washing a couple of the signs that were around the castle.

When i finish my lunch break i also have to set up for a kids birthday party and again help in the gift shop.

If the people who want me to do more voluntary work could see this i don't think they would be saying i need more experience!!!
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    id just tell them ..what are they going too do sack you.?. plenty of easy volunteering's jobs around .. red cross shops and all that. and you can have a nose what people bring in... come to think of it I might do it after I sort my own house out.. haha
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • sam_m
    Options
    i have had a good easter i have to admit, one of the best easters i have had so far. I went to church today which was great, i don't go often but i am going to start going, i might even meet new people and new friends
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sam_m wrote: »
    i have had a good easter i have to admit, one of the best easters i have had so far. I went to church today which was great, i don't go often but i am going to start going, i might even meet new people and new friends
    they do volunteer work there too
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • sam_m
    Options
    I know, i just saw something in the parish magazine where our village is holding a music festival and need volunteers to help selling tickets and in a cafe, it might be good for something else on my CV/references.

I Know i will get a job soon, its a matter of when not if and then i will have more money and be able to do more exciting things and meet new people
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure