NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• SkintTeacher
    Options
    Walking along yesterday in a local beauty spot, three girls of about the age I taught chucked a penny on the floor. I said, 'ooh! You've dropped some money! ' and they were all 'it's only a penny'. My 4 year old's eyes lit up (at least he knows the value of money) and went to pick it up, whilst remarking that you shouldn't drop things! Tee hee! I didn't correct him and they were still within earshot.

I've had the most fabulous month. I've had time (actual time!!!) to sift through charity shops and choose some new stuff. My sis has been here so she is available for style advice (apparently I'm automatically picking stuff for my 'old' body). I've not spent alot but feel like I have a fair amount for work am be leisure. I've also bought some sport hear, including trainers at 50% off thanks to my insurance. I wore them today and loved the fact they're neon pink.

Next month I'll be back to frugality but hopefully looking a damn site better in my properly fitting clothes!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I meant to say to you Swimming the tarantula living in your bin made me laugh a lot....

And it was nice to find out the story of your user name Toni's friend
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for dh coming food shopping with me, for having the energy to do a workout, for the clematis blooming over a neighbour's fence, for dd enjoying the playdate with a friend, for finding the gf/df ready-made icing that dd loves, for finishing my bees, for getting a good start on some exam marking prep, for dh and I being like-minded over money matters, for big sis being okay, for dd loving reading.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a whole day relaxing and catching up with bestie :D
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A NSD. Only had 3 hours sleep so relaxing and sewing mostly.

Today I am grateful for finding several colours of thread to continue work on current projects (searched through 6 drawers with approximately 220 skeins of thread in each one), for food deliveries and for toilet rolls (have a modest toilet roll mountain, not up to prepper standard - was going to build it up over the year but they were delivering, they had an even better offer than the one I have been getting and they didn't have enough 16 packs to fulfill my order and replaced part of it with 12 packs so think I have got 4 free ones).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Small shop at A!di today (NSD yesterday) 2 fleebay parcels posted, 2 more to post tomorrow :)

Today I am thankful for:
    * takeaway for dinner - £20.08 for 6 of us
    * making a big tray of rocky road to use up some bits n pieces
    * getting the ironing mountain under control
    * dry enough weather to dry 2 loads of washing :)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Late night check in here...

Feeling a little run down but all self-inflicted from 2 late nights on the trot... Must do better!!!

Yesterday was a spend day on some stamps
    Today = NSD number 10

Gratitude for the last few days:
    • A little desk time to clear things
    • Food in for packed lunches
    • Nice weather
    Planning a weekend of gym and walks, healthier eating and early nights. Have a good evening folks x

DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Great inspirational posts as always folks :);)

Today will be NSD No. 20 here :)

Wishing you all a great NSDay! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a lovely lunch with my sister in law and cousin and it only cost £10.00, Really must try to do this more often.
    Apart from that nothing much else happening.
    Have a good weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry Turtles I haven't made it on since Tues, I knew you could all manage without me!!!

I see a few people have planted out seeds, DH will be sowing mine in the greenhouse today and hopefully next week I will plant the parsnips and carrots out on the allotment (straight into the soil)

Seems like people have got some good plans for the weekend - remember to take time for yourself. Today I will be going to the allotment, although its hard work digging and cutting brambles I find it really relaxing and peaceful.
    Tomorrow is board game day - DS has requested this before he goes back to Uni next weekend.

SkintTeacher - I also have neon pink trainers with neon yellow laces!! I wear them to walk to work, I dress quite smart so they are such a contrast but they always make me smile when I catch sight of them plus they match my lightweight pink summer coat!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure