NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Hope you soon get back to normal mothernerd :)

Wishing everyone an uplifting and inspired NSD today

Take care everyone and hope you have a great day! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all :) Looks like another lovely day here today :) Washing is in the machine and will be going out as soon as it is finished

Another NSD yesterday - didn't go and get milk - but will do so this morning, as am half way through last bottle.

More sorting/ tidying/ clearing in DS3's room yesterday - some more has gone forever and some more has been priced for NNS. Should finish it tomorrow, and can then start on DS2's room (they are helping, but DS3 has a limited attention span for much of it - and I want everything looked at properly (a la Marie Kondo), not just tidied, so it takes longer this way.

Talking of DS3, he actually managed to sleep until 7am (almost) today - hurrah!! :D

I need to go to the GC at some point, but poss not today - I need some compost for my pots and some to start off some seeds with. Will need to take either OH or DS1, though, when I do go, to do the lifting for me :)

Happy Wednesday :)
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a nice day off yesterday, good hilly walk however with most annoying friend ever. Think I am tired today because of endless mindless chatter not the walking. Wow I do sound a grump honest I am not. Even her husband won't go out for the day with her as she is embarrassing ;-(

Ended up buying a sandwich and drink for lunch as my back wasn't up to carrying big flask with me.

Today SFD so far so good. I do need to do a shop before Easter had planned to do tomorrow afternoon but lost lot of my molar tooth yesterday so got an emergency appointment then. Try and do shop before I go if got the time.

Booked my train to Glasgow( ouch) yesterday and bought new walking boots. Had some amazon vouchers towards booties.

Nothing else exciting to report, no hot dates, no debts cleared. Feel bit flat to be honest perhaps need to stock up on chocolate for the weekend ;-)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had a total loss of money saving mojo lately and have been spending on the old traps of brews and food out to try and boost my mood.

I think it started end of last month with hubby confessing he's spent the money we had left for the garden on bits and bobs and not even sure where most of it went. It was nearly £400 we had left which would have got loads done. Then he's not budgeted for service & MOT either so that's on the cc plus bits we needed to do the garden as we really want it done for summer so we can relax in it.

This month I've been ill for 2 weeks, still have a tickly cough I can't shift and little man's been ill so been harder work. Been having bleeds since my 20 week scan which have been told is nothing to worry about but it's still draining, wondering if I'm a bit anaemic I feel so tired and washed out. All left me feeling down and like I "deserve" a treat here and there then I get fed up I've spent on the cc and it's a circle. Credit card that was clear is now at £600. Final balance on the car is due next month and the shares I was hoping to get £3000 for will probably get just over £2000 which leaves £4000 on a cc. I know we already owe it anyway but it feels like extra as I'll see it on my cc balance now.

Pity post over!

Need to shake it off and get back on the ms wagon. So thought better late than never for this months challenge. I have been dipping in & reading this month. Will have a proper catch up tonight once little man's in bed.
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Lovely weather here today.

Small spend (£24) at Tesc0 - 20 pints of milk, some YS veg and some general bits n pieces of food (mainly snacks - DD and bf seem to exist on them, rather than eat properly)

More tidying done in DS3's room but also spent around 4 hours volunteering. Have decided that once I have everything up straight that I am walking away from that (I have been saying I will for a while, but not taken any real action) - something has happened which is the last straw as far as I am concerned and I have had enough. However, I do have some commitments which I will fulfil, so am unlikely to walk away until Summer hols.

Today I am thankful for:
    * a lie in until 7am :)
    * my gorgeous children
    * the lovely weather
    * having choices
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Gentle hugs, mrshubbard. Take care of you and your bump. As regards the finances, you have identified the problem and can now plan a way round it so it doesn't reoccur. And get that Mr to keep a notebook of all his spends - to 'fritter' £400 and not know what on is not good!

Greent well done on delaying the milk buying trip. It must be OH who guzzles it if it has lasted this long and he is the only one not there! Well done on making a decision re the volunteering coming to an end.

Calling - you weren't able to carry a flask, but could you have carried a sandwich and water? If you can, that could save an NSD. Well done on not throttling your friend!

Ilovetea- I make bunnies in the tilda bunny style, along with other things, and every so aften get a table at a fair (usually my sch, or dd's) to sell them. I love them!

Today I am grateful for my lovely husband spending hours with mum, for dd engaging with her grandma in such a lovely and fun way, for lovely friends spending time with mum, for not getting caught in the rain, for time with dh to chat, for finding a pair of tap shoes for dd to grow into in a charity shop, for a plan for tomorrow, for getting some sorting done, for the lovely bus driver giving me a right good deal on our ticket, for dd pointing out that a photo of my dad taken for his graduation makes him look like Harry Potter!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    Thank you all! Can't believe it's only 2 days til the marriage. I've been trying to remain zen and keep up the good work exercising. Probably need to stop today or I'll be aching in my heels! Gets a bit addictive.
    On the subject of NSds... I have no more than last time! just impossible with all the last minute preparations. I'm not beating myself up though as it is for a fixed amount of time and then I'll be back on it! As I type, my sis is on her way from Scotland - life doesn't get better!
    Thank you all for your kind words and I'll see you on the other side!
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 April 2017 at 8:15PM
    Options
    Evening all...

Today I am grateful for:
    • A long lie in
    • The motivation to exercise
    • Spring and everything it brings with it
    Today was a spend day as have a friend over for Easter so will need to cook something above and beyond the usual stuff I eat haha. Aiming for a NSD tomorrow.

Really back on track with the exercise I think... After only 4/12 sessions in Feb, 10/12 in March - I'm already up to 6/12 this month. Hopefully I'll break my target. Current CASH BONUS standing now at £96.00!!!

SkintTeacher - VERY excited for you!!! Are you having a honeymoon? (apologies if I missed that one!). Can't wait to hear how it all went...

:T
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay skint teacher it's almost here :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wishing you a wonderful day, skint teacher + soon-to-be mr skint teacher! Hope you enjoy every minute of it!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure