Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I echo what brizzled has said. That list is huge. I need to create one if those lists. And your ebaying has inspired me to eBay as well. I think I have made about £350 in the last couple of months. So I thank you for inspiring me to not only declutter but to make money as well. I'm going to keep going with getting rid of stuff and selling it although at some point I will run out of stuff lol.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Wow what a list!!! Inspiring...

I took stuff to the CS at the weekend as couldnt be bothered with the Bay, plus its a great charity. But to get rid of furniture..thats amazing.

I take a lot of unpaid leave...one of the main reasons I am SE. But it does need juggling with spends and more careful budgeting which is whats proved challenging for us this year with two holidays already...but onwards and upwards xx

Have a great weekend

Thanks Brizzle :)

It will be very tight the next couple of months with the unpaid leave, but hopefully we'll manage. It will actually be cheaper to pay for childcare than to take the unpaid leave, but we haven't got that set up yet (and I like being on leave :D:D )

Have a great weekend too :)
    I echo what brizzled has said. That list is huge. I need to create one if those lists. And your ebaying has inspired me to eBay as well. I think I have made about £350 in the last couple of months. So I thank you for inspiring me to not only declutter but to make money as well. I'm going to keep going with getting rid of stuff and selling it although at some point I will run out of stuff lol.

Thank you. The list should be a lot longer than that, I keep thinking of more to add :eek:

Well done on the sales, that's a great amount to make :T :T I am finally getting to the point where I am running out of things to sell :T :T I never thought that would happen! That is my own stuff though, and every time I go through things I find a bit more to go, so I'll keep going. The kids growing up will keep me with a good amount going on though, as they decide to get rid of toys and stuff but we tend to give them the money for most of that.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks but as you say I have sold most of the high value items now. My kids keep growing as well, but the older four have told me that if anything sells of theirs it will go into the house deposit fund which is lovely of them. They are fully on board for saving and buying our own house. I did suggest that they donate their pocket money as well, but they didn't like that idea! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did I hear that right? Did I really even see you write that? You're running out of stuff to sell?
    But it was the never ending accumulation of 4 people! You're finally seeing light in your house? I can't believe it. Really pleased for you jwil. Once it's all gone and the house only has stuff you need in it everything feels easier to deal with. So totally chuffed for you. As you say I don't think you're ever as on top of it as you'd like to be but we can't be perfect. Everything is getting under control for you. So pleased for you xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    Thanks but as you say I have sold most of the high value items now. My kids keep growing as well, but the older four have told me that if anything sells of theirs it will go into the house deposit fund which is lovely of them. They are fully on board for saving and buying our own house. I did suggest that they donate their pocket money as well, but they didn't like that idea! :rotfl::rotfl:

Haha I don't blame them, there's only so much generosity available :rotfl: :rotfl: It's nice that they want to help though!
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Did I hear that right? Did I really even see you write that? You're running out of stuff to sell?
    But it was the never ending accumulation of 4 people! You're finally seeing light in your house? I can't believe it. Really pleased for you jwil. Once it's all gone and the house only has stuff you need in it everything feels easier to deal with. So totally chuffed for you. As you say I don't think you're ever as on top of it as you'd like to be but we can't be perfect. Everything is getting under control for you. So pleased for you xxx

I am running out, sadly DH is not and his stuff is 90% of the house :o It is getting better though.
  • jwil
    Options
    February's totals:

1. [STRIKE]£2301[/STRIKE]/£2281
    2. [STRIKE]£8388[/STRIKE]/£8331
    3. [STRIKE]£4022[/STRIKE]/£3994
    4. [STRIKE]£2380[/STRIKE]/£1894
    5. [STRIKE]£4813[/STRIKE]/£4781
    6. [STRIKE]£4586[/STRIKE]/£0 :T :T
    7. [STRIKE]£1175[/STRIKE]/£0 :T :T
    8. [STRIKE]£6892[/STRIKE]/£0 :T :T

Total: [STRIKE]£34,557[/STRIKE]/£21,281 = 38.42% paid

Emergency savings: £1,000

Debt savings: [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,226 - £1094 reached, 5.66% :T

DFD - [STRIKE]December 2087[/STRIKE] April 2062
    :eek:
  • jwil
    Options
    Updated lists:

Decluttering 2018:

251. Scalextric start straight
    252 - 260. Photo albums
    261. Record of achievement book
    262. photo album
    263 - 279. Photo packets
    280-291. Negative packets
    292. Electric fan
    293 - 303. Bookmarks
    304-305. Dining chairs
    306. Bedside cabinet
    307 - 313. Plant pots
    314 - 324. Saucers
    325. Pot of grit
    326. Small bag of chippings
    327 - 330. Shoes
    331. PE Bag
    332 - 338. Wardrobe doors

Decluttering 2018 totals:
    Books: 99
    Magazines/papers: 47
    Ebay parcels: 278
    Other: 338

Total: 762

Ebay listings: 243

Survey/other earnings:
    Amazon: £49.04
    Paypal/cash: £51.82
    Other vouchers:£0
  • jwil
    Options
    Todays pads:

£3.10 to Mortgage
    £5.00 to debt savings
    £2.54 to em savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,220 - £1100 paid :T
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi JWIL

Sorry to hear you've been ill. I had the lurgy too and have never been as exhausted in my life - it was similar to when I had severe anaemia. It affects mood too - so don't beat yourself up for feeling down.

You are doing amazing on decluttering and ebaying etc. Glad the party went ahead.

Don't blame you on the unpaid leave. I am trying to convince OH that I should take a week's unpaid leave but he isn't keen - I am allowed to spread it over the year as part of a salary sacrifice scheme....
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Jwil look at your pots! You're doing wonderful! That's amazing.
    Maybe you can set out a gauntlet with mr jwil - whoever sells it gets the cash. Might put a fire up his bum to shift it.
    Are you ready to make some more cheeky offers? You've got the money to do it. Can't believe how much it's come down already. I'm sure you can bring it down more. X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills