Options
1128129130131132134»

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope your bread tastes nice Jwil.

Thank you. It's quite good actually, not bad for a first attempt!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Well I am remembering why I don't bother selling on fb or allow collection on ebay. People are such timewasters :mad:

They want something for nothing, then want you to deliver, or just disappear with no contact, don't tell you if they don't want it any more. I flipping hate it :mad:

All this faff for a sodding £5 which is 1/10th the price of the item new. It will be snapped up when I take it to a boot sale.

At least on ebay, they pay, I post it and everyone is happy.
  • jwil
    Options
    So, whilst FB is driving me insane, we've had a pretty good weekend on ebay :T 20 parcels posted today, and everyone has paid up!

I've picked another glut of tomatoes today :T So I've got some in the oven 'sun drying' at the moment.
  • jwil
    Options
    I've been pottering about in the garden this morning. moved the bench and tomatoes (probably killed them now!) and that's cleared a nice space for the kids to play. Our garden is very small and poorly designed and on different levels so there's not much space for them.

Made a quiche using up some cottage cheese. Just waiting for it to cook so I can have some lunch!
  • jwil
    Options
    Today little jwil and I popped to the shops to get a few bits. When I got home as I was sorting the freezer I decided I might as well defrost it. That's done now and all put back. Both freezers have been done recently so I now know what I've got and can continue to use it all up.

I took out what I thought was a pork joint, but I think it's actually beef so we are having roast tonight. Potatoes and veg prepped. I've also boiled some eggs to make scotch eggs later.

Recycling today, I'm quite shocked with how full the food bin is. :mad: Must make sure to use everything up!

We've had confirmation of the mortgage rise today, it's going up by £11 a month. Last time it was about £15 - my little overpayments must have made a bit of a difference :T :T
  • jwil
    Options
    Scotch eggs done. I've used turkey mince so added onions and sage. They smell nice anyway! That's a couple of lunches sorted.

I've been reading my copy of 'Pay off your mortgage in 2 years'. It was the book that accompanied the TV series a few years ago. I really enjoyed it. It's made me think about paying off the mortgage again. I've set up the mortgage spreadsheet that's on here, and I can input my small PADs to see the effect they are having. It's quite motivating!

My DMP is managing itself, I'll still do the reviews as requested and increase my payments as my outgoings reduce (childcare), but other than that I'm going to leave it be. My extras I manage to get are going to go to saving an emergency/F&F fund and overpaying the mortgage. Pretty much as I'm doing now, but I'll wait for the creditors to offer any settlement rather than chasing one.

Of course, I need to finish paying for my car and do some stuff in the house first too!

Only a few more months until little miss gets her free hours, and then hopefully I can start making dents in everything!
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brilliant to hear your renewed vigour and determination. You're never beaten for long jwil.
    Selling and buying on Facebook is such a pain. You're not wrong. It drives me mad. When it works though it's brilliant. Keep trying!
    Your DMP is going great. As you say you give them token payments and you'll have them beaten in no time. Next year they'll be begging you to settle for £20. Keep focusing on your pots and bring on September and the 30 hours! It's going to be so much better for you! You'll never have the childcare expense like that again!!! X
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Brilliant to hear your renewed vigour and determination. You're never beaten for long jwil.
    Selling and buying on Facebook is such a pain. You're not wrong. It drives me mad. When it works though it's brilliant. Keep trying!
    Your DMP is going great. As you say you give them token payments and you'll have them beaten in no time. Next year they'll be begging you to settle for £20. Keep focusing on your pots and bring on September and the 30 hours! It's going to be so much better for you! You'll never have the childcare expense like that again!!! X

I don't half go through phases of being motivated and moaning, don't I :rotfl:

I'd like to think they start making crazy offers.

My free hours should start in Jan so a few months to go. It's getting closer now!
  • jwil
    Options
    Anyway, I've decided to start a new diary to go with my new approach. I hope you'll all come and cheerlead me :D

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74699340#post74699340
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'll look for your new diary Jwil.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport