Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well this week just gets worse and worse. DH is off with the lurgy now too. The kids are at home due to snow and I'm trying to work.

DH also had a letter from the police this week about failing to stop and exchange details after an accident. The other person drove into his car while he was stationary! He did get out, but they didn't so he left as there wasn't much damage done. I was with him so know what happened. Now it looks like he might get done for that even though it wasn't his fault :mad: There's always something :cry:
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh no that's a worry you don't need. But he won't be done for that, surely? Hopefully common sense will prevail.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon, too. We are about to have day 3 of closed nursery here.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's a nerve! Hitting someone's car, not getting out then reporting them. Wow. Sorry jwil. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    Oh no that's a worry you don't need. But he won't be done for that, surely? Hopefully common sense will prevail.

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon, too. We are about to have day 3 of closed nursery here.
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    That's a nerve! Hitting someone's car, not getting out then reporting them. Wow. Sorry jwil. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming xxx

I know, it's ridiculous :mad: He's reported it to his insurance co and he has legal cover so we will do our best to fight it if it comes to anything.
  • jwil
    Options
    Another day snowed in today. I've been working from home but it's a bit of a PITA with everyone home.

We've had a fair bit of snow and were in the red warning area yesterday. It was freezing rain overnight, our windows are covered in ice and if you go out on the snow, it's sheet ice on top so it's lethal out there.

It's little jwil's party on Sunday so really hoping it clears before then as we've still got all the food to get. Also it will be a bit gutting if no one can come. I'm hoping they'll all be stir crazy by then so will make the effort :D It's walking distance for most people I think.
  • jwil
    Options
    Little jwil's party went ahead ok in the end. Most people turned up and he had a great time, so that's good.

I think I'm going to have a quiet couple of weeks, and try and get rid of this bug, I'm still feeling rough and DH has had it as well.
  • retiredandskint
    Options
    I'm glad jwil got to have his party and he enjoyed it so important at his age. We have a disappointed GD whose main birthday present didn't turn up because of the snow.

I think you're right in taking a couple of weeks off to recover fully. Once you've got over this bug you can get on with debt busting and decluttering.

Hope you're feeling on top of the world soon.
  • jwil
    Options
    Thank you retired :) Sorry to hear your GD's present didn't turn up, hope it arrives soon.

I was feeling a bit better today, but once I start eating, my stomach seems to get upset again. I'm still shattered too. I'll try and eat light bland stuff for a few days and hopefully that will make things better. I weighed myself the other day and am 10lbs down so silver linings etc :D:D
  • jwil
    Options
    We both had a few sales this weekend. DH has sold some more bulky stuff so that's good. It's all been posted bar one unpaid item, so it's nice to see the back of it all. I don't have anything going out now for over a week, so bar trying to get some listing done, will be having a break.

We sold the last of some furniture pieces as well this week, and that should be getting picked up today. More space gained :T

The kids have broken the curtain rail in their room though, so I need to look into replacing that.
  • remote_control
    Options
    I was going to ask how the ebaying was going - you're my inspiration!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure