Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What about no eBay and no over payments for a week? Just a week off of debt busting and rushing around. Just being jwil and family. Getting over bugs and having fun.
    It is just a crap time of year. We all fit trapped indoors and cold and ill. I was focusing on emigrating but then I asked hubby and he said we can't :( so I'm in the dumps too xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    Options
    I've had the lurgy, and it really knocked me for six. I took myself to bed every afternoon for 4 days in a row, unheard of for me. (Way worse than the rather more serious health problem Ive had!) And along with it came a very uncharacteristic wallowing. DH eventually got fed up and told me to buck up; until he caught it and apologised for being unsympathetic when he was also floored by it.

So point being, you feel ill. Let yourself recover. Everything will feel better when you aren't also fighting this.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You are making headway look how far you've come in a year. You're not increasing your debt, your gradually reducing them, overpaying on your mortgage and have savings. That's a huge achievement and you should be applauded :T

Thank you retired, you are right of course :beer: I should be happy compared to how I used to be!
    I agree with others, you are always 'doing' and busy. Make sure you take some time just to you Be that just for a cuppa and peace for 15 minutes or anything else you enjoy. No cleaning/no list making/no thinking of what needs/could/should be done.

Take care you do amazing don't forget that.

x

Thank you :) Yes, I should do that. I find it hard here because I just see stuff needing doing everywhere. Maybe I should go out for a bit x
    Jwil, you sound so much like me. Having a messy house makes me stressed as well. I always feel like I am on the go and never have time for just me. From June I will be putting the little ones into nursery on a Friday so I can have some time to myself. I will probably do housework for an hour or two but then just sit and relax! I am looking forward to it. Although the reality will probably be me running around sorting everything out manically until the kids come home from school!

I think I need to have down time just for me even if it is only 15 minutes of an evening where I don't even think about money or tidying the house or what bit needs to be sorted out next. The only way I will do this is if I have a massive to do list so that is what I am going to focus on doing and then I will try and relax.

I agree, down time is so important. That's a good plan to have some space while the kids are in nursery/school. I think that's part of my issue, I'm never alone. Whilst I adore my family, I am an introvert and need space alone to recharge my batteries. I don't get that at the moment. Maybe I should try and sort this out a bit. I shall try and follow your lead!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    What about no eBay and no over payments for a week? Just a week off of debt busting and rushing around. Just being jwil and family. Getting over bugs and having fun.
    It is just a crap time of year. We all fit trapped indoors and cold and ill. I was focusing on emigrating but then I asked hubby and he said we can't :( so I'm in the dumps too xxx

Sorry you are feeling down in the dumps too :( Was emigrating a plan? How come hubby says no?

I think once the weather is a bit warmer and we get over all this rubbish, and all the birthdays etc are out of the way, I'm going to have a break and just chill with the family.
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    I've had the lurgy, and it really knocked me for six. I took myself to bed every afternoon for 4 days in a row, unheard of for me. (Way worse than the rather more serious health problem Ive had!) And along with it came a very uncharacteristic wallowing. DH eventually got fed up and told me to buck up; until he caught it and apologised for being unsympathetic when he was also floored by it.

So point being, you feel ill. Let yourself recover. Everything will feel better when you aren't also fighting this.

Do you know, I think you are probably right. This illness is blowing everything out of proportion. I'm shattered again tonight and haven't really done a lot.
  • jwil
    Options
    I really appreciate all the replies everyone :) Thank you.

DH is a bigger worrier than me, and there's never anyone who says to me that it will all be all right in the end. You guys have done that for me so thank you :A :A
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Get yourself a early night jwil xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • retiredandskint
    Options
    Hope today was a better day for you.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    Options
    Emigrating to Australia has always been a dream of mine. But hubby has signed a contract for 4 years with 2 years notice period. So he is right. And it would never work. But he burst my bubble and I feel all pooey again. It's a poo time of year. It'll all come out alright for sure. I'm always overwhelmed by your organisation, control and determination. You've owned this for so long jwil. I'm in awe of you. Don't lose sight of your successes: you've made so many. And the fact you're still going makes you stronger than most. Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Get yourself a early night jwil xx

Thank you :)
    Hope today was a better day for you.

Kitten868 wrote: »
    Emigrating to Australia has always been a dream of mine. But hubby has signed a contract for 4 years with 2 years notice period. So he is right. And it would never work. But he burst my bubble and I feel all pooey again. It's a poo time of year. It'll all come out alright for sure. I'm always overwhelmed by your organisation, control and determination. You've owned this for so long jwil. I'm in awe of you. Don't lose sight of your successes: you've made so many. And the fact you're still going makes you stronger than most. Xxx

How frustrating about not being able to move. I hope it's still something you can consider in the future.
  • jwil
    Options
    Todays pads:

£1.70 to Mortgage
    £1.00 to debt savings
    £1.77 to em savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,225 - £1095 paid :T
This discussion has been closed.