Onwards and downwards...

Options

Comments

• retiredandskint
    Options
    I remember when I started paying my debts off and the feeling of :j when I payed off the first one in full. We have continued to remain debt free and now save for anything we want :money:

I'm am so pleased for you and your determination to clear the debt and clutter is admirable :T.

Mr Retired was on a slow but steady decline but over the last few months it's like he fell of the edge of the cliff to the next level. I've now had to admit I needed help.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That sounds like a sensible plan, so good luck :)

Thank you :)
    I remember when I started paying my debts off and the feeling of :j when I payed off the first one in full. We have continued to remain debt free and now save for anything we want :money:

I'm am so pleased for you and your determination to clear the debt and clutter is admirable :T.

Mr Retired was on a slow but steady decline but over the last few months it's like he fell of the edge of the cliff to the next level. I've now had to admit I needed help.

You did so well clearing everything retired, and great that you have remained debt free now :T :T

So sorry to hear about Mr Retired, well done for getting the help you need. I hope you are looking after yourself too.

I'm always here if you need to vent xxx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Options
    Todays pads:

£1.34 to Mortgage
    £3.00 to savings
    £2.06 to joint od
  • jwil
    Options
    I had a reply for my unenforceable full and final offer. They fairly understandably rejected my offer, but instead countered with a £200 discount :rotfl: :rotfl: They can go jump. I'll continue paying them £1 a month.

So I'm just deciding which one to tackle next.
  • jwil
    Options
    Right, I've written to my largest creditor and offered a more realistic F&F. It's enforceable, so I've gone for roughly 25% rather than super low. Again I expect it will be rejected, but it's worth a try!
  • jwil
    Options
    Todays pads:

£1.33 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to savings
    £1.63 to joint od
  • jwil
    Options
    We are off out today to sell some stuff. The car boot that we sell at ends soon and today is the last time we can go as we are away next week.

We will have a good look through all the stuff and get rid of a load so we can start afresh next year, and build up some new stuff over the winter.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Right, I've written to my largest creditor and offered a more realistic F&F. It's enforceable, so I've gone for roughly 25% rather than super low. Again I expect it will be rejected, but it's worth a try!

Good luck, nothing lost in trying :)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    jwil wrote: »

Good luck, fingers crossed they say yes.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Options
    Thank you! It would be nice if they accepted, but also nice if they sent a reasonable counter offer. I might just have to sit on it for a while though, so be it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport