Green Network Energy Reviews: Add your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• CaroBee
    Options
    I joined GNE in December. My previous suppliers used a SMETS1 meter, so not transferrable. I was able to give GNE a reading before the meter was disconnected. Since then they have requested further readings which I am unable to supply as my traditional meters are blank and the SMART meter is no longer operational.

Additionally, I'm alarmed at the annual projections given by GNE which are far higher than my previous supplier.

I've emailed them querying both these issues. Awaiting their response....
  • Green_Network_Energy
    Green_Network_Energy Posts: 28 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    funk_punk wrote: »
    I initiated a switch though MSE big switch in November & I’ve heard nothing since. Can’t get through on the phone, extremely frustrating may go elsewhere.

Hi funk_punk, I'm concerned that you haven't heard anything since initiating your switch and am sorry to hear that you have had some difficulty in reaching us.

Unfortunately, we can find that some of our correspondence can end up in the junk/ spam folder of your emails and so would recommend checking here for around the day that you registered your switch as we will usually send a Welcome Pack within 48 hours.

Please let me know if you are able to locate this. If you do not find the Welcome Pack, please contact a member of our team on 08005200202 or by email to care@greennetworkenergy.co.uk with your details so that we can see what has gone wrong here and look to rectify things.

Kind regards,

Jon - GNE Customer Care
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Green Network Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • Green_Network_Energy
    Options
    CaroBee wrote: »
    I joined GNE in December. My previous suppliers used a SMETS1 meter, so not transferrable. I was able to give GNE a reading before the meter was disconnected. Since then they have requested further readings which I am unable to supply as my traditional meters are blank and the SMART meter is no longer operational.

Additionally, I'm alarmed at the annual projections given by GNE which are far higher than my previous supplier.

I've emailed them querying both these issues. Awaiting their response....

Hello Carobee,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with your meter. Sometimes you will need to "wake" the meter by pressing 9 button on a keypad meter or the B button if you have just an A and B on your meter. More information can be found on our webpage below regarding this;

https://greennetworkenergy.co.uk/help-centre/meters-and-meter-reading/read-smart-meters/

If the screens have gone blank and you're unable to wake the meter, this will be classed as a fault and we will arrange to replace your meters free of charge.

Please be aware that your annual projections are based on information of your usage we receive from your old supplier but these can sometimes be skewed by estimates. Once we have a couple of readings from you, this will update to be a bit more accurate.

We should get to your email shortly if we have not responded already however, if you would like to speak with us in the meantime, you can contact a member of the team on 0800 520 0202.

Kind regards,

Jon - GNE Customer Care
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Green Network Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • AGranger
    Options
    I switched from Tonik in December and since then had nothing but trouble and mis-information from GNE. I wasn't able to give GNE a meter reading in the window they specified and it could not be provided on line. I telephoned day after day and heard a recorded message saying they were experiencing high call volumes and readings could be submitted on line when in fact initial readings CANNOT be submitted on line despite what they say. Allegedly if you register by phone they warn you about this but if you go through a switching site or MSE link they don't tell you.
    I am now in a 8 week 'industry estimation and validation process' and until that is complete I can't get the outstanding balance of £350 from Tonik returned. The GNE 'process' of not answering calls and not allowing on-line input appears to be engineered to put switchers in to this no mans land simply because one can't get through on the phone.
    When I did get through I was then mis-informed about how to make a complaint. I feel trapped and would switch back on Tonik in an instant.
    Please MSE don't let others fall in to this trap.
  • Prilect
    Options
    Hi, Provided my 1st meter readings online today. Electric Acc has been updated but no update for Gas meter reading, even though it stated accepted.
    GNE will probably state I haven't submitted it, will it cause a problem, we'll wait & see..
    Anyone else had same prob?
    Prilect
  • Prilect
    Prilect Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 17 January 2019 at 12:07PM
    Options
    Latest gas meter reading accepted on-line, so electric & gas meter reading are up to date, so looking good so far.
  • Green_Network_Energy
    Options
    AGranger wrote: »
    I switched from Tonik in December and since then had nothing but trouble and mis-information from GNE. I wasn't able to give GNE a meter reading in the window they specified and it could not be provided on line. I telephoned day after day and heard a recorded message saying they were experiencing high call volumes and readings could be submitted on line when in fact initial readings CANNOT be submitted on line despite what they say. Allegedly if you register by phone they warn you about this but if you go through a switching site or MSE link they don't tell you.
    I am now in a 8 week 'industry estimation and validation process' and until that is complete I can't get the outstanding balance of £350 from Tonik returned. The GNE 'process' of not answering calls and not allowing on-line input appears to be engineered to put switchers in to this no mans land simply because one can't get through on the phone.
    When I did get through I was then mis-informed about how to make a complaint. I feel trapped and would switch back on Tonik in an instant.
    Please MSE don't let others fall in to this trap.

Hello AGranger,

I'm sorry to hear that you do not feel that things have gone smoothly since switching to us and that you have had some difficulty in reaching us recently.

I would like to clarify that there is no general issue with submitting opening meter readings via your online account and so it sounds as though this is an issue affecting your account individually. If you could please send me an email to care@greennetworkenergy including "#J1" in the subject field providing your account number or address, I would like to investigate this as am unsure where this information has come from and want to ensure that any feedback necessary is provided to the agent that you spoke with to ensure that we are advising our customers correctly moving forward.

I would also like to explain that, if we fail to receive a reading with our window of 5 days either side of your start date with us, and your reading is then significantly higher or lower than what has been estimated, we will raise a dispute to have this amended on your account with us and your previous supplier. Due to the third parties we need to liaise with in this process, and checks that need to be completed on both our end and with your old supplier, this can take up to 8 weeks which is the same time-frame experienced with all suppliers. I appreciate that this can be a bit frustrating but would like to assure you that we will work to get your readings amended as quickly as we can.

Once I have received your details by email, I can investigate this fully and raise your formal complaint on your account if this has not been done already.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Jon - GNE Customer Care
    Verified Company
  • Green_Network_Energy
    Options
    Prilect wrote: »
    Hi, Provided my 1st meter readings online today. Electric Acc has been updated but no update for Gas meter reading, even though it stated accepted.
    GNE will probably state I haven't submitted it, will it cause a problem, we'll wait & see..
    Anyone else had same prob?
    Prilect

Hi Prilect,

I'm glad to see your further post that says that you are now able to see both readings on your account.

I would just like to explain that the cause of this is that the process of validation of your readings (checking to make sure everything runs in line) differs slightly between gas and electric. You will tend to see your electricity readings show straight away and the gas may take a bit longer. If you are ever concerned that there is any issue with your reading at all, please do contact our team on 0800 520 0202 and we will be happy to check this for you.

Kind regards, Jon - GNE Customer Care
    Verified Company
  • Whiskeymac
    Options
    I have just switched to the Green Network Energy 2 year fix, after a host of emails from MSE suggesting it. It is rather galling to have had an email from Cheap Energy Club today, telling me that if I were to switch to GNE's 18 month fix I can save £67 a year, but of course would have to pay £50 exit fee. This doesn't feel like the good deal I expected.
  • weenemo
    weenemo Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I initiated a switch to GNE MSE Exclusive Green 12 Month Fix using MSE Big Switch back in November. Gave 7 weeks grace as I figured they'd be busy with a lot of new customers.
    Emailed last week only to be told that they have no record of my switch and that I've to phone to see if they can help me find a good deal (but i suspect different) with them. Unfortunately I can't seem to see the standing charge and unit charged now that the switch on the MSE Energy Club has been initiated so can't really compare anything they offer me with what I would have had with the 12 month fix.

Despite them having said they could not find me by my name, postcode or email address, I have today had an email from MSE Energy Club stating my switch has been rejected. Presumably because GNE have indeed rejected it rather than just espiring so I'm unclear as to why they couldn't find me?
    Not a great start and now that it has been rejected before I've had a chance to get through on the phone (lots of "we're experiencing a high number of calls") I feel obliged to go elsewhere rather than pursue. Disappointing but looks perhaps like GNE bit off more than they can chew and should have limited the numbers more than they did.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback