Kensington Mortgage application timescale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
620 replies 104.9K views

Replies

• Creditfixer3021Creditfixer3021 Forumite
    85 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Musa19 said:
    Oh it's an agonising waiting game and often I'm not sure if it's the broker or kensington! Put in 2nd application on 2nd July (1st one was pre lockdown but that had to be pulled and resubmitted). After loads of hoop jumping we were told on Friday that its been signed off and passed to underwriters for fi Al check before the offer. So I should assume it'll be around Wednesday that I will hear something...... Deja vu 
    That’s great news. We had to resubmit a document that’s already been submitted today 
  • Musa19Musa19 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    Musa19 said:
    Oh it's an agonising waiting game and often I'm not sure if it's the broker or kensington! Put in 2nd application on 2nd July (1st one was pre lockdown but that had to be pulled and resubmitted). After loads of hoop jumping we were told on Friday that its been signed off and passed to underwriters for fi Al check before the offer. So I should assume it'll be around Wednesday that I will hear something...... Deja vu 
    That’s great news. We had to resubmit a document that’s already been submitted today 
    Just when you think it's all done and submitted..... ☺️

• maryjoashleymaryjoashley Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    We had a second hard search on our credit reports by Kensington last week, does anyone know if that's a normal thing for them to do?
  • Creditfixer3021Creditfixer3021 Forumite
    85 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    We had a second hard search on our credit reports by Kensington last week, does anyone know if that's a normal thing for them to do?
    So far we’ve only had 2 soft and 1 hard search (soft on dip and soft and hard on full application)

it could be because the process is so slow, they’ve run another one to see if anything has changed. Wouldn’t be surprised if we get another one 
  • Musa19Musa19 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    How do you know when they have completed credit searches?
    Out of curiosity, what brokers are you all using? 
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    Musa19 said:
    How do you know when they have completed credit searches?
    Out of curiosity, what brokers are you all using? 
    We're signed up to Clear Score and got a notification that the hard searches had  been done.  And we are using a company called Create Finance.
  • Musa19Musa19 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    Oh my goddess, just had broker email for another document! Just when I thought we were all done. This could just go on forever! 😭
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    Musa19 said:
    Oh my goddess, just had broker email for another document! Just when I thought we were all done. This could just go on forever! 😭
    Oh no, what have they asked for now?
  • Musa19Musa19 Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    Musa19 said:
    More up to date statements for my DMP. I'm annoyed as they have bank statements showing it going out of my account. 😒 You could go in circles forever! 
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    Musa19 said:
    Musa19 said:
    More up to date statements for my DMP. I'm annoyed as they have bank statements showing it going out of my account. 😒 You could go in circles forever! 
    It is such a frustrating process, we have no idea where we are up to, just keep having to wait.  Doesn't help that our broker isn't the best at communicating!