Kensington Mortgage application timescale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
629 replies 105.5K views

Replies

• greendalegreendale Forumite
    17 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    obc18 said:
    When you guys say they’ve requested additional documents, what sort of stuff are they asking for?
    We’ve been asked for: P60’s. Bank statement with 3 months worth of mortgage payments. Payslips for last 3 months. ID. Credit card statement to show card payments up to date and no defaults/missed payments. Mortgage account statement to show payments are up to date and no defaults/missed payments. 
    17 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    For anyone using Like Mortgages for their application and want to know timeframes, we have just been informed that the usual wait time between valuation visit and any further contact from Kensington is at least 2 weeks. 
  • berkshirelassberkshirelass Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    Our valuation has been instructed.  Taking that as a good sign as reading this thread it seems unlikely they will issue a valuation without being satisfied on personal circumstances?
  • maryjoashleymaryjoashley Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    obc18 said:
    When you guys say they’ve requested additional documents, what sort of stuff are they asking for?
    So far, we've been asked for disclosure of incentives form from the developers and our current landlords address for a reference - that was last Wednesday, then today we've been asked for our P60s.  Given that pattern i'm expecting to be asked for something else next wednesday! 
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    obc18 said:
    So far, we've been asked for disclosure of incentives form from the developers and our current landlords address for a reference - that was last Wednesday, then today we've been asked for our P60s.  Given that pattern i'm expecting to be asked for something else next wednesday! 
    It is so frustrating isn't it.  You would think they would have a more efficient way of doing things - like asking for information in one go!  Would save them a tonne of man power too!
  • maryjoashleymaryjoashley Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    obc18 said:
    It is so frustrating isn't it.  You would think they would have a more efficient way of doing things - like asking for information in one go!  Would save them a tonne of man power too!
    Yeah seems very inefficient.  I get that different circumstances can mean different docs needed but just seems to be an odd way of doing it!  My fingers and toes are aching from all the crossing! 
    17 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    vixelite said:
    We are still waiting to hear, we have provided them with everything they have asked for. However, unusual delay, despite them being quick to respond earlier. Cannot help but feel like they do not want to provide mortgages to new builds! extremely frustrated.
    Ours is a new build HTB but obviously we are in the early stages.  Has your broker chased them for a reason?  I feel for everyone waiting to hear! We are supposed to exchange at the end of the month  :|  
    Yes, the broker keeps chasing and we just keep getting the same response, that it will be reviewed by end of day or the following day. Its been going around in circles a little bit.
    Have you heard anything more from them? 
  • vixelitevixelite Forumite
    41 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Our valuation is happening tomorrow, was quite suprised how quick it was organised to be fair.
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    vixelite said:
    Our valuation is happening tomorrow, was quite suprised how quick it was organised to be fair.
    That was quick - they instructed ours but we don't have a date yet.  Was yours a new build?  Ours is and its not built yet so I am hoping the valuation can be done on desk top so quicker!
  • vixelitevixelite Forumite
    41 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    vixelite said:
    That was quick - they instructed ours but we don't have a date yet.  Was yours a new build?  Ours is and its not built yet so I am hoping the valuation can be done on desk top so quicker!
    Yes it's a new build, we have a roof, doors, windows and internal frames for the walls so far.  We thought it was going to be a desktop but a dates been given now so I'm assuming it's a visit? Who knows haha