edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
620 replies 105K views

Replies

• berkshirelassberkshirelass Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    vixelite said:
    vixelite said:
    Our valuation is happening tomorrow, was quite suprised how quick it was organised to be fair.
    That was quick - they instructed ours but we don't have a date yet.  Was yours a new build?  Ours is and its not built yet so I am hoping the valuation can be done on desk top so quicker!
    Yes it's a new build, we have a roof, doors, windows and internal frames for the walls so far.  We thought it was going to be a desktop but a dates been given now so I'm assuming it's a visit? Who knows haha
    Good luck!  Let us know how you get on as I think yours an my applications are at a simelar stage in the process
  • vixelitevixelite Forumite
    41 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    vixelite said:
    vixelite said:
    Our valuation is happening tomorrow, was quite suprised how quick it was organised to be fair.
    That was quick - they instructed ours but we don't have a date yet.  Was yours a new build?  Ours is and its not built yet so I am hoping the valuation can be done on desk top so quicker!
    Yes it's a new build, we have a roof, doors, windows and internal frames for the walls so far.  We thought it was going to be a desktop but a dates been given now so I'm assuming it's a visit? Who knows haha
    Good luck!  Let us know how you get on as I think yours an my applications are at a simelar stage in the process
    Yes will do! Hopefully not much longer now for the both of us 
  • maryjoashleymaryjoashley Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    vixelite said:
    vixelite said:
    vixelite said:
    Yes will do! Hopefully not much longer now for the both of us 
    You two are giving me hope :)
  • Hannah13409Hannah13409 Forumite
    47 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I am no further forward haven’t had any contact from last week when we provided the furlough letter chased mortgage advisor again today as it’s been a week and he said they are far too overwhelmed with applications and are not committing to specific time commitments 
  • justme200194justme200194 Forumite
    29 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Can anyone tell me what the interest rates are like with Kensington please? This may be our next option if Halifax decline our application which is currently at appeal however the rates look to be around 3x that of Halifax and would take our prospective mortgage to around £500 per month than with a high street lender. I’m hoping the rates aren’t as bad as what I’ve read though?! 
  • justme200194justme200194 Forumite
    29 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Can anyone tell me what the interest rates are like with Kensington please? This may be our next option if Halifax decline our application which is currently at appeal however the rates look to be around 3x that of Halifax and would take our prospective mortgage to around £500 per month than with a high street lender. I’m hoping the rates aren’t as bad as what I’ve read though?! 
    Sorry that meant to read £500 more per month 
  • edited 17 July at 11:53AM
    vixelitevixelite Forumite
    41 posts
    edited 17 July at 11:53AM
    https://www.kensingtonmortgages.co.uk/docs/default-source/product-guides/residential-product-guide.pdf?sfvrsn=1c11b992_106
    You'll find all the rates on there, they do update so you have to keep an eye on it.
  • berkshirelassberkshirelass Forumite
    16 posts
    10 Posts
    Our valuation has been booked in for 20th.  Hopefully that's a big step forward.  did anyone get their valuation back yet?  Were there any more questions after that?
  • greendalegreendale Forumite
    17 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Our valuation has been booked in for 20th.  Hopefully that's a big step forward.  did anyone get their valuation back yet?  Were there any more questions after that?
    We’ve had ours on 13/7/20, nothing since. Asked broker how long is usual to wait for next contact. Told at least 2 weeks. Now waiting. Definitely aged 10 yrs during this whole process (we submitted full application on 03/07/20). It’s not new build either. 
  • vixelitevixelite Forumite
    41 posts
    Our valuation was yesterday and we were told today that it was all okay.  Our broker said they are just waiting for my partners employer to confirm his salary because his July payslip was released early (the email from Kensington to his employer was sent today) and that should be it (fingers crossed)  I'll keep you all updated next week