New Post Advanced Search

Kensington Mortgage application timescale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
620 replies 104.9K views

Replies

• ontheedgeofmyseatontheedgeofmyseat Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    We are still waiting to hear, we have provided them with everything they have asked for. However, unusual delay, despite them being quick to respond earlier. Cannot help but feel like they do not want to provide mortgages to new builds! extremely frustrated.
    23 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    We are still waiting to hear, we have provided them with everything they have asked for. However, unusual delay, despite them being quick to respond earlier. Cannot help but feel like they do not want to provide mortgages to new builds! extremely frustrated.
    Has anyone had a mortgage offer from them post lockdown be eased on a new build?
  • greendalegreendale Forumite
    17 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    Hi all, anyone applied via Like Mortgages, their preferred broker? We have gone through them and wonder what others think of them? I found them to be slow at responding or keeping you updated but may just be that they are busy due to covid. 
  • vixelitevixelite Forumite
    41 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ours is a new build HTB but obviously we are in the early stages.  Has your broker chased them for a reason?  I feel for everyone waiting to hear! We are supposed to exchange at the end of the month  :|  
    23 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    vixelite said:
    Ours is a new build HTB but obviously we are in the early stages.  Has your broker chased them for a reason?  I feel for everyone waiting to hear! We are supposed to exchange at the end of the month  :|  
    Yes, the broker keeps chasing and we just keep getting the same response, that it will be reviewed by end of day or the following day. Its been going around in circles a little bit.
    41 posts
    vixelite said:
    Yes, the broker keeps chasing and we just keep getting the same response, that it will be reviewed by end of day or the following day. Its been going around in circles a little bit.
    How frustrating! Well I have everything crossed for you that you aren't waiting much longer, nothing worse than being kept in the dark :( 
    23 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    @vixelite I know thank you, I shall keep you updated.

Let me know how you get on :)
  • mclewlow1mclewlow1 Forumite
    14 posts
    10 Posts
    Hi everyone, for those waiting on new build mortgage applications. Mine is a new build and we just received our offer yesterday 😊  finally! So there is light at the end of the tunnel everyone! Hope you all get the outcome you hoping for 😊 best of luck everyone!! 
  • maryjoashleymaryjoashley Forumite
    23 posts
    10 Posts
    Our application went in last Friday, new build with H2B, on pins waiting to hear back but do recognise it's only been a week!  This forum is helpful though.
    41 posts
    mclewlow1 said:
    Hi everyone, for those waiting on new build mortgage applications. Mine is a new build and we just received our offer yesterday 😊  finally! So there is light at the end of the tunnel everyone! Hope you all get the outcome you hoping for 😊 best of luck everyone!! 
    Amazing news! Enjoy your new home! 
    The valuation has been instructed today for us so one more step forward!