Cheap airport lounge access

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
225 replies 140.1K views
1171819202123»

Replies

• Matt8888Matt8888 Forumite
    51 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    My advice is not to bother, and certainly don’t pay for it! I have had top tier status with several airlines and with a few notable exceptions, the lounges are quite basic, crowded and sometimes rather grubby. I have sometimes chosen a Costa Coffee and a couple of ales at Wetherspoon (don’t judge me!) rather than go to the lounge. I have been upgraded quite a lot (single passenger, peak times, “elite” status) and have never, ever asked for it, and would feel embarrassed to do that. Maybe it works for some, but a guy in front of me at check in went on and on trying to charm the lady (frankly, it was pathetic) and she said business class was full and there were no upgrades. When I got there she said I would probably be upgraded at the gate, and I was. These days I think nothing works other than flyer status and a range of things a computer looks at based on travelling history and the types of fare you purchase.
  • malky39malky39 Forumite
    699 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Is there any offers or discounts available for the new Lomond lounge at Glasgow airport
  • FalkirkgalFalkirkgal Forumite
    82 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    GLANY should give a 20% discount at the Lomond lounge.
  • malky39malky39 Forumite
    699 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Thanks falkirkgal thats perfect
  • 18881888 Forumite
    192 Posts
    Hi,me & the wifr areflying from Heathrow T4 in February and wondering if any deals available for the airport lounges. Thanx for any help
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals