IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview PCN overturned on first appeal

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    NO, given we know absolutely nothing about your situation and you've hujacked someone else's thread.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Where there is a first post saying ''Appeal text below'' how can ANYONE not know what to copy?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • dave.w_2
    Options
    hi all

looking for some advice regarding fines I've received.

I ocassionally use the Pure Gym at Manchester Urban Exchange where the parking signs say 2 free hours. I have always entered and left within this time frame. I have received 3 parking fines from Highview in the space of a week. I appealed the first one one the grounds that the sign says 2 free hours and I am a member of the gym on the complex, which has been rejected by there appeals team. I haven't yet appealed the 2 latest fines, but in total they want £165 from me and I'm not sure what to do next. I have read the inital appeal text at the start of this thread, but I'm not sure it would apply for me as my car is a lease car and I'm not the registered keeper.

any help would be massively appreciated as I suspect more fines will be on the way.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The best thing you can do is read the thread titled **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!
  • dave.w_2
    Options
    thanks, I've just read it over and have submitted my appeals for the 2 latest fines.

my last concern is for the first fine that has just had the appeal rejected. unfortunately, I made my appeal without looking up anything online first and clicked the option to state I was driving and I feel they might have me by the b*lls now.

it looks like I might have to make a second appeal to POPLA and could use some guideance
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want further help dave.w, please start your own thread.

Responding to two or more people about different incidents can only lead to confusion.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Options
    dave.w wrote: »
    it looks like I might have to make a second appeal to POPLA and could use some guideance

Then start your own thread.

Hijacking someone else's is something you clearly agreed not to do as part of your signup!
  • Dipa
    Dipa Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I have also been issued with a charge notice for waterfields in watford. I parked there 09 July 2017 and received a notice today, 22 Nov 2017 - dated 20 Nov 2017. This is 4 1/2 months after the incident. Is there anything I can include to appeal this fine based on the length of time it has taken for them to issue the notice?
    thanks
    (I have read the newbie thread but didn't understand parts, especially the accronyms).
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have read the newbie thread but didn't understand parts, especially the accronyms).
    All explained in post #5 of the sticky. A stand-alone, unmissable section. Did you not get that far?

But first, please read the post immediately above yours.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Options
    Dipa wrote: »
    Hi, I have also been issued with a charge notice for waterfields in watford. I parked there 09 July 2017 and received a notice today, 22 Nov 2017 - dated 20 Nov 2017. This is 4 1/2 months after the incident. Is there anything I can include to appeal this fine based on the length of time it has taken for them to issue the notice?
    thanks
    (I have read the newbie thread but didn't understand parts, especially the accronyms).
    All acronyms are explained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread - post #5.

Did you read any of the posts above?

Please start your own thread if you have further questions. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure