Forum Home» Site Feedback

Contacting the Forum Team

New Post Advanced Search

Contacting the Forum Team

edited 24 August 2018 at 10:46AM in Site Feedback
69 replies 37K views
Former_MSE_AndreaFormer_MSE_Andrea Former MSE
9.6K posts
I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler Savvy Shopper! Stoptober Survivor
✭✭✭✭
edited 24 August 2018 at 10:46AM in Site Feedback
As suggested by Wig (thank you!) here's the best way to contact the Forum Team.

We regularly check the Site Feedback board and do our best to reply where we can (we have a team rota) but sometimes staff are off sick, we have an urgent issue come up e.g., a defamation complaint, all of which unfortunately can take our time up on something else.

If that happens and you feel we haven't seen something urgent here's how you can get in touch with us:

Report an issue to us the usual way by clicking on the report button in the post.

Feel free to post the issue on the Site Feedback board then click the report button on your post to let us know. Your query will then go into our Zendesk queue and be picked up quickly. Many forum users already do this to let us know about an issue. Make sure you explain why you're reporting your own post :)

You can also PM me with the links to threads too.

If you've done the above we will be aware. If you still don't think we are, though, you can private message me.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?


Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]
«134567

Replies

  • edited 28 February 2017 at 2:05PM
    MandelbrotMandelbrot
    9.1K posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 28 February 2017 at 2:05PM
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    The MSE Forum and Social Media Team comprises MSE Matt (Manager), MSE Jessica, MSE Avi, MSE Andrea

    You might want to update the picture of the Team at top right of the forum page. ;)
  • Mandelbrot wrote: »
    You might want to update the picture of the Team at top right of the forum page. ;)

    We have updated the team image in the latest version of the forum. We don't currently make any visual updates to the green version.

    Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: [email protected]
  • Sorry I couldn't resist. Do your names reflect your sex? As in Male and Female.
  • MandelbrotMandelbrot
    9.1K posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Matt wrote: »
    We have updated the team image in the latest version of the forum. We don't currently make any visual updates to the green version.

    Would you care to explain why?
    You obviously update the rest of the right hand panel.
    And if something is now out of date it seems odd to be happy to just let it remain out of date. Even deleting it would seem to be an improvement on that.
    Based on the views expressed in polls at the time the 'blue' version was introduced, my feeling is that many long-time users are still on the 'green' version.
    Do you have any figures on the percentages of regular users who use each version?
  • MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    As suggested by Wig (thank you!) here's the best way to contact the Forum Team.

    We regularly check the Site Feedback board and do our best to reply where we can (we have a team rota) but sometimes staff are off sick, we have an urgent issue come up e.g., a defamation complaint, all of which unfortunately can take our time up on something else.

    If that happens and you feel we haven't seen something urgent here's how you can get in touch with us:



    Report an issue to us the usual way by clicking on the report button in the post.

    Feel free to post the issue on the Site Feedback board then click the report button on your post to let us know. Your query will then go into our Zendesk queue and be picked up quickly. Many forum users already do this to let us know about an issue. Make sure you explain why you're reporting your own post :)

    You can also PM all of us with the links to threads too.

    If you've done the above we will be aware. If you still don't think we are, though, you can private message us. As

    The MSE Forum and Social Media Team comprises MSE Matt (Manager), MSE Jessica, MSE Avi, MSE Andrea

    How do I PM you, as I'm new here? I don't see anything that says send private message.
    Thanks
  • You don't PM the mods. You can only report.
    You can PM the guides, and they will reply,
    Tips x
  • cbrown372cbrown372 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    At the bottom of the forums there is a list marked view Board Guides and Admin. On the right hand side of each name is a button marked send pm. As Andrea says select the forum team member you wish to contact and press the send pm button.
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • Sjc1973Sjc1973 Forumite
    84 posts
    Morning,

    This might only be a problem for me but thought I would still bring to your attention. I use a iPad to access the MSE forum. However where I would naturally scroll on the screen always seems to be where the spam button is and I often accidentally hit it. I do cancel it but I am not sure if it is too late then. When using a iPad you have limited space to scroll on the screen without clicking into something etc. It seems natural to do so on the right side of the screen ( if your right handed). I think moving the spam button would help. As stated though it might not be an issue for anyone else. I also wonder through error how often the spam button been pressed and if frequently it must be time consuming for those who need to check these and they turn out not to be spam. I'll take the opportunity here to apologise for my own errors !,,
  • MandelbrotMandelbrot
    9.1K posts
    Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sjc1973 wrote: »
    Morning,

    This might only be a problem for me but thought I would still bring to your attention. I use a iPad to access the MSE forum. However where I would naturally scroll on the screen always seems to be where the spam button is and I often accidentally hit it. I do cancel it but I am not sure if it is too late then. When using a iPad you have limited space to scroll on the screen without clicking into something etc. It seems natural to do so on the right side of the screen ( if your right handed). I think moving the spam button would help. As stated though it might not be an issue for anyone else. I also wonder through error how often the spam button been pressed and if frequently it must be time consuming for those who need to check these and they turn out not to be spam. I'll take the opportunity here to apologise for my own errors !,,

    I'm fairly sure this has been brought to the attention of MSE before.
    I have had exactly the same problem, and I am not averse to mentioning such things on this board ... m0738.gif
  • edited 13 March 2017 at 10:36PM
    grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 March 2017 at 10:36PM
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    You can also PM all of us ... The MSE Forum and Social Media Team
    shyestgirl wrote: »
    How do I PM you, as I'm new here? I don't see anything that says send private message.
    Click MSE Andrea on the left side of her post >> Send a private message to MSE Andrea
    You don't PM the mods. You can only report.
    Who are the 'mods' if not the 'Forum Team" then?
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

    .withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support