🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Great Teaching Resources Hunt

Options

Comments

• :j Just found this thread (don't get to log on as much as I would like) I think it would be a great idea to have a home ed forum. Our son has been out of school for nearly three years now (he's 11 now). He was never that happy in school but it got a lot worse when he went to the junior's. he was very unhappy and in the end we took him out. He has decided not to attend the comprehensive (which he would have started in September) and I have a very happy boy again. Thanks for all the websites, there's loads out there, it's just finding it!!! so thanks again for the help.
  • panaceaplease
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would greatly appriciate a home ed support forum as we are planning to go down this route
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • louidog
    louidog Posts: 517 Forumite
    Options
    I would love a home ed forum Martin!

I am a teacher and also a parent of a son who is on the Autistic Spectrum (Aspergers, ADHD, Dyspraxia) and use lots of websites in both my work and home life. I am delighted to see lots of websites I already use and a few new ones that I don't know about.

Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post in this thread! :)
    My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
    -Erma Bombeck-
    ~ Member of the MSE Celebdaq Minileague ~
  • balloonmouse
    Options
    The Cats Protection League has a surprising wealth of free, downloadable resources which kept my 13 yo son busy during the summer hols! Also BP has some free resources, recently updated.

www.cats.org.uk/learn/education.asp

www.bpes.com

(my first post, hope I have done it correctly!)
  • CelticStar
    Options
    Thank you for all the tips and links in this thread, I am finding them very useful. I am in the process of helping my niece with her literacy and wondered if anyone could advise me where I would be able to find a list of the spellings that she should be able to cope with in year 6. I remember seeing someone post a link to something similar once but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I'd be really grateful for some help.

Many thanks.
    CelticStar
  • LashyLashla
    Options
    I have been teaching for about 12 years and I have an ebay shop and list quite a few teaching resources to help me save money.
    In the true spirit of MSE i am offering everyone 1 free resource from my shop.
    Just message me (on ebay if poss) your request

http://stores.ebay.com.au/IDEAS-FOR-TEACHERS_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Lisa.x
  • mumof3girls
    Options
    cool so much stuff out there, thanks loads
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • SmileBeHappy
    Options
    I'm training to be a primary school teacher, so these links will quite useful for some of the things i have to do ;)

I may, every so often, be able to be of use to some of you

Oh, and if you home schooling, check the standards site and suchlike, lesson plans for school, but will be ideas for you h/s too
  • SmileBeHappy
    Options
    CelticStar wrote: »
    Thank you for all the tips and links in this thread, I am finding them very useful. I am in the process of helping my niece with her literacy and wondered if anyone could advise me where I would be able to find a list of the spellings that she should be able to cope with in year 6. I remember seeing someone post a link to something similar once but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I'd be really grateful for some help.

Many thanks.
    CelticStar
    Hello there

This is an 18 page list of words that should be known for the KS2 sats... year 6

http://rossa.blogs.com/weblog/files/sats_spelling_practise.pdf

It is in a great format for helping her... good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills