We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,666 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I have been reading here couple of weeks and have learnt alot and got myself prepared or so i thought...........was going to have SW tikka for tea got all the stuff and forgot about marinating it:rotfl::rotfl: so i hd chicken curry and boiled rice made with mayflower powder

The mayflower curry powder made up is 4 syns per portion. Hope you realised it was that much!

I make my own curry paste and freeze it in ice cube trays. I usually make up 8-9 portions at a time and freeze in Tbs per cube then use 1 cube per portion. This is free. Idally you need an electric grinder but it can be made with a pestle and mortar but it's hard work. If you want the recipe I'll post it up after my holiday so will be next month now!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    Yes Maman, I haven't stayed to group in ages as it really aggravates me the negative comments and incorrect knowledge that is issued out by my Consultant. Its amazing the things she feels knowledgeable enough to talk on etc without training as a Dr.

I just cant do it and have now decided that there is no point simply giving her a fiver each week to weigh and go.

So I'm weighing at home on a Friday instead and I'm feeling much more focused and driven about the whole thing now.

I may return at another time to a different group etc but for now I'm going alone at home and of course when I have this lovely forum what more could I need!

That's a wise move lantanna . You know the plan inside out so why waste your money. And you get to choose your WI day. Seems like Friday is working for you and wiz .:T

I'm lucky in that I can find a group any day and any time. Sometimes I stay to see what the consultant is like other times I just weigh and go. Last time I weighed on a Friday morning with a consultant who won a national award at my old group. She was on breakfast TV and her story is on the SW website. BUT she's put loads of the weight back on so not a good role model.

I've done my meal plan and shopping so now got loads of Speed in!:D

Hope you enjoyed your curry bubbs tikka will just have to wait for another day. :)

Thanks for the recipe lush . I'm eating from the freezer at the moment but when I buy pork I'll give it a go.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 67,000 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    The mayflower curry powder made up is 4 syns per portion. Hope you realised it was that much!

I make my own curry paste and freeze it in ice cube trays. I usually make up 8-9 portions at a time and freeze in Tbs per cube then use 1 cube per portion. This is free. Idally you need an electric grinder but it can be made with a pestle and mortar but it's hard work. If you want the recipe I'll post it up after my holiday so will be next month now!

Denise

I didnt realise it was that much till after:eek: if its any consolation it had peas /onions and mushrooms in and only had 1tbsp low fat mayo as a sin today and wont have any more, i have not had HEXb today do i HAVE to have it?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's a wise move lantanna . You know the plan inside out so why waste your money. And you get to choose your WI day. Seems like Friday is working for you and wiz .:T

I'm lucky in that I can find a group any day and any time. Sometimes I stay to see what the consultant is like other times I just weigh and go. Last time I weighed on a Friday morning with a consultant who won a national award at my old group. She was on breakfast TV and her story is on the SW website. BUT she's put loads of the weight back on so not a good role model.

I've done my meal plan and shopping so now got loads of Speed in!:D

Hope you enjoyed your curry bubbs tikka will just have to wait for another day. :)

Thanks for the recipe lush . I'm eating from the freezer at the moment but when I buy pork I'll give it a go.
    Yes i did it was very nice:T all i have eaten otherwise apart from the boiled rice is speed foods
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »

Denise

Yes please i would like it have a lovely holiday:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,946 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Denise.
    I currently have an i.q but they are not being imported any more.
    Like you I drive automatic.
    How do you find the Aygo?
    Thanks.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Another 1 lb gain.
    Floundering.Floundering.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• joedenise
    edited 24 March 2017 at 8:35PM
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Denise.
    I currently have an i.q but they are not being imported any more.
    Like you I drive automatic.
    How do you find the Aygo?
    Thanks.

It's probably not that different to the IQ really, it's only a little bit bigger and probably got a tiny bit more boot space! Still only enough for a few carrier bags on shopping! Having said that it's pretty big with the back seats down.

It's a nice car to drive and we've had it for 3 years now and we'll probably keep it until it doesn't run any more. They don't seem to hold their value when you px them back to the dealer! Even DH likes driving it and finds it comfortable and he's 6'2".

Denise
  • joedenise
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes please i would like it have a lovely holiday:D

As I've just checked back and seen this I've looked up the link for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/how_to_make_curry_paste_37065

Just use frylight rather than oil and it's Free. You definitely need to use whole spices where it says otherwise the flavour isn't as good.

Let me know if you like it. I don't tend to do different curries like tikka, madras etc.

Denise
  • beanielou
    Options
    Thanka a lot Denise.
    Have a lovely holiday :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport