Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Matron_Midge
    Options
    +1/2LB for me this morning. I'm not doing too well at getting to the bottom of target range 😳
    Just having total yogurt, chia and blueberries now and will be having chicken something for tea.

Off out to walk the dogs as it is a beautiful spring day here.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya, I have LOST 1 lb. yeh ! :T:T. Better than nothing at least it's moving and I think I have lost inches. :cool:

I hope everyone has done ok
    :j :j :j :j for joy.:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Wiz. Looks like the Friday WI may work for you. You should be pleased with the loss - I certainly would have been happier with a loss than the STS I got!

Maman - thanks for the holiday good wishes. Glad the forecast is OK at least for the first part of the week, no idea after that though as haven't looked at a longer term forecast yet! We are actually going from Southampton not Portsmouth as believe it or not it's easier to get to for us! Also think it's a nicer crossing than the Portsmouth one - so I'll give you a wave as we set off!

Denise
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »

You sound really well organised lush. It's a good idea to do an online shop especially as you can get bits and pieces in your lunch break. And I know you won't be tempted to overspend.:A I think it's a great idea to find foods that you can all eat. It'll save money but also make it easier for you to stick to plan. Which recipe do you use for pulled pork?

think I've found a bit of mojo now I'm finding new foods I like again :)

I set up save the change on my new bank account so that's ticking away I the background skimming in to my savings account (already at £10 in under 2 weeks!) so that's encouraging me to save more. so are the two holidays we have booked now (butlins in may and centreparcs in September) I'm going to draw out £20 a week and use that for any food/household stuff we need to stick to budget and leave my debit card at home :)

I am crazy lazy with my pulled pork: tinned tomatoes (usually whole plum I chop up) tin of Heinz bbq beans, diced onion, diced peppers (2, usually red and green) carrot (chopped or grated depending on how bothered I can be) and some pork fat removed. plonked in the slow cooker and left all day then I lift the pork out and shred with two forks then mix it back in with the rest and some quartered mushroom and leave a little longer.
    It's really nice rolled in lettuce (used in place of wraps)

I've got grapes and strawberries plus heb cereal bars and satsumas to take this weekend.

thinking of trying to go for a week with no *actual* chocolate. I'll still have a hot chocolate on an evening though as that's my indulgent treat (at under 5 syns ;) )

finally back to feeling a bit excited to be on plan
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,961 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Now you are official :T

Grab a seat and a :coffee: :D

I know scary eh?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes Maman, I haven't stayed to group in ages as it really aggravates me the negative comments and incorrect knowledge that is issued out by my Consultant. Its amazing the things she feels knowledgeable enough to talk on etc without training as a Dr.

I just cant do it and have now decided that there is no point simply giving her a fiver each week to weigh and go.

So I'm weighing at home on a Friday instead and I'm feeling much more focused and driven about the whole thing now.

I may return at another time to a different group etc but for now I'm going alone at home and of course when I have this lovely forum what more could I need!
  • joedenise
    Options
    It's a good job you don't live where I do - there is only one group not run by my consultant and that one's run by one of her friends! So not much choice really.

The other group's only been running for about a year. My consultant runs 5 groups - 2 Monday evening and 3 Thursday - 2 morning groups and 1 evening.

Denise
  • bubbs
    edited 24 March 2017 at 5:43PM
    Options
    Saying about the consultants, i joined yesterday and tbf i didnt think she was very good, but i NEED to go to stay focused, the other ladies there were very nice
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Saying about the consultants, i joined yesterday and tbf i didnt think she was very good, but i NEED to go to stay focused, the other ladies there were very nice

You'll probably learn more from the other people, particularly target members, than you will from your consultant!

Denise
  • bubbs
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    You'll probably learn more from the other people, particularly target members, than you will from your consultant!

Denise

I have been reading here couple of weeks and have learnt alot and got myself prepared or so i thought...........was going to have SW tikka for tea got all the stuff and forgot about marinating it:rotfl::rotfl: so i hd chicken curry and boiled rice made with mayflower powder
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure