Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Maman, welcome back. Sounds like you had a good holiday. Missed you on here.

Well done to Tammy, Miss Teach and any other losers.

Got a day off today, and meeting up with friends, so had a good breakfast, so I make sensible choices.

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - scrambled egg and tomato
    Lunch - planning on jacket potato and beans
    Dinner - at mums so it will be SW friendly

HA - milk
    HB - not sure
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Change of plan for lunch! Just had a look in the fridge and noticed we've still got some cooked chicken portions to use up so will have that with salad.

Denise
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    Hi everyone

Checking in with a 1lb loss for this week which has made me happy as yet again I've been less than angelic. Glad to read I am not the only one though :)

5 months until my holiday and I'm about 2 stone heavier than I want to be so its kick up the bum time

This week's meals are mainly taken from the Slimmingeats blog - her menu plans are fabulous. Will probably use Pinch of Nom and 2CC in the near future as well. When left to my own devices we just end up eating the same stuff so I think that's why I've been veering off plan so much - I need to get excited about home cooking again

Well done to all losers and SOTW :T

Happy belated birthday greentiger and happy birthday TIE :j

Hope everyone is well and safe after the scary stuff in London yesterday :(
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Trying to just take each day at a time at the minute. Today is my 2nd fast day this week and I've it planned better than the first one and feeling more positive so hopefully I will succeed in sticking to it today.

I am half board on my holiday - breakfast and dinner so I will be able to make SW friendly choices. Its just being disciplined and not going off the rails just coz I am on holiday. There is a chocolate fountain every night but I didn't bother with it the last time. Its the savoury things get me bread etc not the sweet stuff.
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    morning all,

well last night was a disaster! Gin and chocolate for tea! I literally could not stop myself! I just need a massive kick up the rear!

Today is (and I AM going to stick with it!!)
    B: Strawberrys and FF Yogurt
    L: HEB turkey Mayo and onion sandwich (3syns)
    D: SW ready meal from iceland - these have been surprisingly good!

Tomorrow I am going to spend some time going through mags and books and detail a weeks worth of menu planning - weekends are usually my downfall but determined to get back on plan and loose the 1lb i put on this week)
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Options
    WJN222 wrote: »
    morning all,

well last night was a disaster! Gin and chocolate for tea! I literally could not stop myself! I just need a massive kick up the rear!
    )

Are you sure that you are not me lol
    :rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,607 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Maman, totally agree, guess i'm just irritated by the inconsistencies of SW online. I always use the online meal diary thingy and do like it apart from irritations like this :p

You'd think with all the money they make they could organise a decent website.

I've not tried squaffles myself but when I've seen them in Sainsbury's they just look they've been cut with a fancy cutter and the ingredients are 100% butternut squash so they must be Speed.

lantanna wrote: »
    Trying to just take each day at a time at the minute. Today is my 2nd fast day this week and I've it planned better than the first one and feeling more positive so hopefully I will succeed in sticking to it today.

I am half board on my holiday - breakfast and dinner so I will be able to make SW friendly choices. Its just being disciplined and not going off the rails just coz I am on holiday. There is a chocolate fountain every night but I didn't bother with it the last time. Its the savoury things get me bread etc not the sweet stuff.

I have friends who've had great success on 5:2. They were just careful to choose a day when they were very busy so it stopped them thinking about food. I expect drinking lots of water (or green tea:D) would help to fill you up as they say we often confuse hunger and thirst.

Inclusive menus are often buffets so you can make wise choices. Like you, I'm not tempted by puddings but I find it hard to resist fresh bread. That's why I took a pack of crackers with me. I had those for my HEB at breakfast and then tried really hard to resist for the rest of the day.

I'm out for a meal this evening in a pub I've not been to before. I've checked the menu and they do a 'skinny' meal which has salad and JP with it. They have a burger (beef or chicken) but I can probably persuade them to give me gammon or steak instead as burgers can be synful. The rest of the day I'm eating what I can find which isn't much until I go shopping tomorrow.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Puffed Wheat, HEA milk
    L: ham, fried potato and onion, pickles
    D: as above
    Syns: probably some oil in pub cooking and some wine syns:D.
  • joedenise
    Options
    Well back from WI and not happy! It was a STS. It just seems unfair when I've stuck to plan for the whole week.

As we're on holiday next week will just try and relax a bit and then get back on it when we come back.

Denise
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Back from shopping now having bought 40 litres of red wine (to add to the 40 litres we already had) and 3 litres of brandy to take home! :D The wine is in 5 litre boxes so it weighs a lot less than the equivalent amount in bottles and will save us a small fortune compared to uk prices. We also have a 6kg bag of oranges for our health's sake ;) and I discovered some bags of 72% chocolate, which are like fun size, about the size of 2 squares and individually wrapped so ideal for a low syn treat - I reckon about 2 Syns each - I bought 2 bags.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed by your weigh in today Denise, it's so frustrating when you've been 100% on plan. Have a great holiday, are you off in the motor home?

Sounds like you're planning well for your holiday Lantanna, I find that on half board I can eat a good breakfast and don't need lunch. Have a great time.

About time - the SW diary must be really frustrating when it gives inconsistent information. When I had access to it I tried it but quickly gave up in preference to pen and paper. I've done weight watchers in the past and their food diary is really good, SW should be able to do one just as good if they put some effort in.

We've got friends coming to eat tonight so I need to do some prep and some housework. We're having chicken fajitas, and I've made it a red day today so I can have 2 tortillas. Pudding will be strawberries, meringues and squirty cream. There will be a few wine Syns consumed also.

Well done to all the losers, enjoy the rest of the day.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    Options
    Thanks LL. Not off in the motorhome as we've SORN'd it as DH is having a wrist op at the beginning of April and won't be able to drive for at least 6 weeks after and possibly up to 6 months! So no other holidays planned at the moment as I can't drive the motorhome as I only have an auto licence and the motorhome is manual (not that I'd particularly want to drive it as it is huge compared with my little Aygo!)

We're renting a little cottage on a country park on the Isle of Wight and will use buses hopefully to get around (as we both have free bus passes:D). But if we go out during the evening we'll have to use the car as I'm fairly certain the buses stop running around 7pm :rotfl:, just as they do where we live. In fact we've lived here for over 16 years and never used the local bus as it's an hourly service (2 hourly on Sundays) and takes 45 minutes to get to the nearest town which is about 8 miles away!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport