Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 April 2017 at 1:08AM
    Options
    Sorry to all who are struggling.Do stick wih it-the plan does work.We all hit a wall sometimes,but really,stick with it.The results really are worth it.
    I have been out all day for a national competition with my 14yo.Left home at 6.30am :eek:,back at 6.30pm.I had planned,and diet-wise,everything went very smoothly.

Breakfast (at silly o'clock this morning) was a slice of wholemeal toast,1/2 teaspoon Flora light (1/2 syn),Marmite,followed by an orange

Mid-morning snacks: 2 apples

Lunch: salad: ham,red pepper,green beans,mange tout,cherry tomatoes,carrot

Tea: casserole (beef,potato,swede,carrots,mushrooms,onion).Served with rice, mange tout,baby sweetcornt and butternut squash.

Snack: muller coconut yoghurt (1/2 syn)

Due to being out all day,I haven't had lot of my milk allowance (used in tea) yet,but probably will have by the end of the day.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hoping tomorrow is better for you :)

Ermmm.........would he be offended if you snook it out and put in foodbank trolley?

Yes he would :(
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TakeItEazy, how strong are you feeling?

I'm not quite sure how big a Giant egg is, but the WLP says that half of a bag of Golden Eggs (and I presume your Giant egg comes with some of those...;)) is 10½ syns per half a bag - they consider the 80g bag to be 2 servings.

Then Galaxy chocolate is 20½ syns for a 75g bar, which by my maths works out at 27.33 syns per 100g. If your egg is a 233g one (which is the largest I can see online), it would be 64 syns. If that weight included the bag of eggs, we could take 80g off the weight of the egg, which would make it 153g, or 42 syns (but then you'd have to add on the bag of eggs which would take it back up to 63 syns!). :eek:

Is there any way that you could weigh out and portion up the chocolate/eggs, and then ration yourself with the portions? It would take incredible willpower, but if you could do it you could enjoy the egg and still stay within syns. :T

Alternatively, you could just eat it, get it out of the way, and take the hit next week at weigh in... :p

P x
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Lost 1 lb Shala please don't miss it. I have done better than I thought.

Plan for Saturday

Breakfast. Porridge A/B raspberries strawberries blueberries

Lunch..s/w chips and curry. Clementine x 2

Dinner.. gammon mixed veg ,new potatoes. Banana.

Extra f f yoghurt, melon pkt crisps 5 syns
    5 syns.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,601 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    A lazy day for me today with very little cooking as spent quite a lot of time in the kitchen yesterday so don't want to do that again!

B - mushroom omelette
    L - tuna mayo salad sandwich - HEB + 1 syn for LTL mayo
    D - sausage cassoulet (from freezer) 0.5 syn for low fat sausage; mash

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 1.5 syns as above; not sure what else yet if anything

Still have fruit to snack on

Denise
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all and :easter:

:icotbaske

TIE - what was your OH thinking of? I'd portion it up, syn it and ration it out over the next couple of weeks. Or if you've got friends and family coming to visit over the weekend, encourage them to eat it for you. DH and I looked at the Easter Eggs in Aldi during the week and they had some that looked really nice - one that was half dark chocolate and half milk appealed - DH wanted to buy me one, but I said no. I've got too much temptation around me already without having Easter chocolate at home. I'm currently exercising my willpower to resist the warm croissants... :cool:

I had one of the Muller liquorice and blackcurrant yogurts yesterday - they're lovely, but very sweet. It's been ages since I've had a Muller light and I think I've got used to eating less sweet yogurt in Spain so I noticed it more. I don't tend to eat many Muller Lights, I prefer smaller yogurts for something sweet after meals, and I'm always suspicious of products that SW promote as much as those!
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Lost 1 lb Shala please don't miss it. I have done better than I thought.

Well done Wiz, and everone else that's had a loss this week.

Have a great weekend, step away from the chocolate!

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit
    Lunch - chicken noodle salad
    Dinner - beef and speed stew and sw chips. Doing a pie crust for hubby and child.

HA - milk
    HB - none
    Syns - probably some thickener in the stew

Spent the morning making chocolate bunnies and I'm not even allowed to lick my fingers :(
    Zebras rock
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,658 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Wow, great result Beanie! What did you do different this week?

LL :)

Had a tooth oot:p
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Had a tooth oot:p

Thats a bit drastic to lose a few pounds:rotfl::rotfl: Hope your mouth is ok ?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, everyone, the weekend is upon us and it's Easter to boot. I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday but don't eat too many Easter Eggs !!!

This is my Easter Sunday Menu plan

Breakfast.. Bacon Sandwich B clementine x 2

Lunch. Ham salad beetroot light salad cream. 2 Syns

Dinner. Roast beef Yorkshire pud 3 syns new potatoes, fresh garden peas,
    Carrot and turnip mash

Extra ff yoghurt, lemon mousse 3.5 syns
    8.5 syns
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing