Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    -1 lb for me this week please Shala - definitely tortoise rather than hare! Some great losses this week, congrats to losers and encouragement to those not feeling it at the moment.

I was surprised as I'd had two meals out, a fried fish, and several drinks last week. The 'whoosh' effect must also work for pints of best bitter??? My partner who isn't doing slimming world but eating what I eat when home has lost 7lbs since January, without cutting out anything else, so he's delighted.

Meal out tomorrow and a few drinks for daughters birthday, then the rest of the week food is in my control so I really want to be 'on it' for the end of the challenge.

I had several reasons for wanting to lose weight - I initially lost a couple of stones trying to avoid gall bladder problems prior to surgery last year, but after recovering from that went back to over eating, my knees were causing problems and I wanted to be generally fitter, I had been on holiday with friends and puffed my way around, in the group photos I look like a different species (I'm tall which enhanced the effect) I'd gone up a dress size and wasn't looking good in anything. I also weighed my GD on my scales and found that she weighed what I need to lose. So, mixture of health and vanity!
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another 1lb off for me this week.

I'm happy with that as I went on a training course on Wed and stuffed my face with cookies, pastries and cake at every opportunity.:rotfl: I was quite good with the lunch as I had stuffed pepper and salad, but I let myself down with having cheesecake for pudding.:o I did skip dinner that night though.

This week will be difficult as its a really social week. We had pizza and wine with friends last night - I did only have 2 slices and made a massive salad to go with it. Tonight I'm out with the girls for drinks (lots of them). Tomorrow I'm out for dinner as its my birthday. Sunday there will be chocolate.... Monday we are having a big turkey dinner with friends.

Hoping for a STS next week I think.

Happy Easter to all and well done on the losses :D
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My reason for losing weight is partly about body image - I don't like the way I look at the moment - everything wobbles and I'm a bit squeezed into my clothes. We went to Barcelona last year & I hate the way I looked in shorts - I cannot bear to look at the photos.

The other reason is that I'm quite tight with money.:money: I've always been a size 10-12 and I have to wear smart office wear to work. I have a wardrobe full of classic work wear that I an just a bit too big for. I cannot afford to replace them so, I will slim down to get use out of them again.

I do need to combine weight loss with fitness though. I need to motivate myself to start running again. I used to do Couch to 5K every summer - it was a fab feeling to run in the early mornings, but I've lost my mojo. I never lost weight through running though - but my body shape changed. :)
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Tete,

You don't sound jealous at all! I had a work colleague who used to be an athlete and was quite muscly, who would constantly grill me about my weight loss and what I was eating! It got on my nerves, luckily I have left that workplace and have chosen not to keep in touch with her.

I don't know if my Mom may be jealous of me - she is not overweight, she's probably just about the same size in clothes as I am now. But she's a heavy smoker and has been since her teenage years (she's 68 next week) and has tried to give up a few times with the vaping etc and has always gone back to the fags. I hear her coughing and it's awful.

I have done something to improve my health (I don't smoke and rarely drink).

So maybe that's it, I don't know.
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    4 1/2 off for me tonight

:j :j :j :j

Well done beanielou :T:T:T
  • tweets
    Options
    Good morning all.

I am at work today, but have Monday and Tuesday off.

Well done Beanie on your weight loss!

I need to get to my target! I was only 1lb away at WI last week, but I have star week approaching and feel bloated!

Does anyone have problems with friends/family making comments about your weight loss or making obvious gestures? My own Mother looks me up and down when she sees me. I know she's probably used to me being 17st plus but she will will have to get un-used to it eventually! People at group tell me I look happy, attractive, slim etc and it is uplifting. My Mother tells me I look "better".

I do still have confidence issues and it is getting better. I am reading "Confidence" by Katie Piper (the girl that suffered the acid attack) and I'm hoping that is going to give me some good tips.

Have a good day all - I will try and report in over the weekend. x

My mum is the worst making gestures making me feel awful. When I started SW she said I didn't need to lose weight and since I started she never once said well done and on Sunday I have to have dinner and its always been a kingsmill white square with 2 small slices pre packed beef on and recently adding extra :mad: like breaded mushrooms , cauliflower cheese , courgettes :mad: Then all time I am there Saturday , Sunday do I want a biscuit , cream cake , chocolate , bag crisps get the gist I say no every week to the offers but its easier eat dinner then tell her :(

Work are ok now they used to have a dig especially one girl who isn't there now she did all these daft diets and said SW didn't work but she never lost weight and I was so :p to her daft diets :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • tweets
    Options
    Good Morning :easter:

Having a lazy day today weather is awful been throwing it down since we got up and Poppy wouldn't go walkies just in back garden.

Its also cold :(
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning all.

I am at work today, but have Monday and Tuesday off.

Well done Beanie on your weight loss!

I need to get to my target! I was only 1lb away at WI last week, but I have star week approaching and feel bloated!

Does anyone have problems with friends/family making comments about your weight loss or making obvious gestures? My own Mother looks me up and down when she sees me. I know she's probably used to me being 17st plus but she will will have to get un-used to it eventually! People at group tell me I look happy, attractive, slim etc and it is uplifting. My Mother tells me I look "better".

I do still have confidence issues and it is getting better. I am reading "Confidence" by Katie Piper (the girl that suffered the acid attack) and I'm hoping that is going to give me some good tips.

Have a good day all - I will try and report in over the weekend. x

My neighbour said to me yesterday I looked like I'm wasting away :eek: she's knows about my health issues but even so!! Anyway I Know I'm not cos the scales say so :rotfl:

As to my reasons for losing weight! Was so long ago now I'm not sure I remember :rotfl:. I do know I've always felt guilty that my son can't swim as I was too embarrassed to take him swimming as a child. I do know the loss was for me and not for anyone else though. Definitely keeping it off is my choice even if I don't feel it some of the time :o

:easter_os:easter_ba:icotbaske:EasterBun
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • chocolateteddy
    Options
    Wow a 2 1/2 loss this week after my sts last week I was so annoyed and wasn't 100% this past week we were also in Brighton for the Marathon and I must have walked miles (I was not running DH was) i only need 1 1/2 next week for my 2 stone award and half way to where I want to be.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday's plan wasn't quite the same as I posted yesterday! Although it was still a Red day but I only had one HEA and one HEB so didn't really matter. Didn't have the fishcakes but had a beef stirfry. Added noodles to DH's portion after I'd dished mine up.

Today's plan is an EE day:

B - fruit & quark
    L - bacon & mushroom sandwich; HEB + 3 for butter & sauce
    D - prawn & salmon fishcakes; SW chips; HM tartare sauce

HEA - milk as usual
    HEB - bread
    Syns - butter, sauce, wine

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories