Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    My mum is the worst making gestures making me feel awful. When I started SW she said I didn't need to lose weight and since I started she never once said well done and on Sunday I have to have dinner and its always been a kingsmill white square with 2 small slices pre packed beef on and recently adding extra :mad: like breaded mushrooms , cauliflower cheese , courgettes :mad: Then all time I am there Saturday , Sunday do I want a biscuit , cream cake , chocolate , bag crisps get the gist I say no every week to the offers but its easier eat dinner then tell her :(

Your Mum sounds like a 'feeder' - mine was too - probably why we needed to lose weight in the first place.

I got to target previously in time for my Silver Wedding Anniversary, we had a party where the dress code was 70s and I wore a shortish skirt and boots. My Mum said that now I'd lost weight I was wearing the clothes I wanted to wear when I was younger - nothing like calling you mutton dressed as lamb is there? lol

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    4 1/2 off for me tonight

:j :j :j :j

Wow, great result Beanie! What did you do different this week?

Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats to all the losers especially Beanie well done.

I have so many reasons why I want to lose weight: health (dodgy knees and hips lol), to be more active with my boys, to fit into the multiudes of clothes I have in the attic in smaller sizes, and to be a good healthy example to the boys. But mainly its a confidence thing. I hate going out even to work's do's as I always feel frumpy and although my husband and boys love me for who I am I would like to look nice too and not feel so rubbish about myself.
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hubby just came home with 2 giant galaxy golden eggs :eek: (1 for me, other for the boy) what am I going to do? :eek::EasterBun:EasterBun :p
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Your Mum sounds like a 'feeder' - mine was too - probably why we needed to lose weight in the first place.

I got to target previously in time for my Silver Wedding Anniversary, we had a party where the dress code was 70s and I wore a shortish skirt and boots. My Mum said that now I'd lost weight I was wearing the clothes I wanted to wear when I was younger - nothing like calling you mutton dressed as lamb is there? lol

This is true when I lived at home many moons ago had to eat all my tea before I could leave the table. So I am glad I don't go mums for many meals Sunday dinner is enough for me :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,965 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:
    Well done on all the losses:T
    People that are struggling, perhaps you wll feel different in a couple of days/weeks but all the hard work you have done will be undone in an instant if you get in that mind set, oh i will have this today eg, easter egg, tomorrow will be something else, next day something else........ then you have undone all the good work:(
    I am not saying dont have a treat, but i know if it was me it wouldnt stop at one or even one day , thats why im fat:o
    I also smoked for 33 yrs and packed up just over 2 yrs ago and put more weight on but the biggest shock of all was a few weeks ago being diagnosed diabetic, i can honestly say i have not had and sweets or chocs which is a miracle in itself:rotfl::rotfl: i instantly swapped from sugars to candrel , i have the sweetest tooth out!:eek: diabetes is not just about sugar and i dont want to lose my feet or eye sight thats why i am determined:D
    My hubby does not understand it but he could also do with losing weight after putting on after stopping smoking at the same time.
    Sorry if this looks like preaching i dont honestly mean it that way just giving you my 10p's worth x
    So have a few days off but please come back to us, i have been made very welcome and am grateful to each and everyone of you :kisses2:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Hubby just came home with 2 giant galaxy golden eggs :eek: (1 for me, other for the boy) what am I going to do? :eek::EasterBun:EasterBun :p

Give to your son?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Wow lots more amazing losses. Well done everyone.

Not been a great day for me again, but lots of walking, so hopefully I have burnt off some of the extra syns.

Determined tomorrow will be a good on plan day.
    Zebras rock
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Give to your son?

He's got the other one! To be honest he's the one who needs to lose the weight! :o
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • bubbs
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Wow lots more amazing losses. Well done everyone.

Not been a great day for me again, but lots of walking, so hopefully I have burnt off some of the extra syns.

Determined tomorrow will be a good on plan day.
    Hoping tomorrow is better for you :)
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    He's got the other one! To be honest he's the one who needs to lose the weight! :o

Ermmm.........would he be offended if you snook it out and put in foodbank trolley?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure