🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Moonlustie
    Options
    Afternoon all

Had a good couple of days judging by the fact I'm in the loo every hour (sorry if that's tmi LOL!) - I tend to eat the same thing a few days running so it has been:

B: chocolate porridge (2) and banana
    L: chicken salad (1 for mayo)
    D: pork chop with cabbage/broccoli/potatoes (not all together)

snacks have been fruit & ff yogurt and Co-op yogurt coated rice cakes.

Now for the Easter weekend - I've planned meals but if my Brother gets his hands on the ingredients, it won't be SW friendly and then there's drinks as well. Out for a meal on Saturday. Oh well just going with the flow!
    Target: 7lb at the moment - there's a lot to lose! :eek:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Moonlustie wrote: »
    Now for the Easter weekend - I've planned meals but if my Brother gets his hands on the ingredients, it won't be SW friendly and then there's drinks as well. Out for a meal on Saturday. Oh well just going with the flow!

I think many of us will be talking that attitude over the weekend moonlustie. I've got to the stage where, when I eat out, I make wise-ish choices now as I really like vegetables and fish but it won't stop me eating chips and other naughties.

That's a brilliant loss lush.:T Delighted for you. I hope you enjoyed the beef and it was great that your DH was fancying it too.

Good to see you back gfb.:)

I'm away from tomorrow morning until Tuesday evening so Wednesday is when I'll restart the plan proper. Do join us ali.:)

Today I'm using up/freezing fresh stuff before I go away so meals a little strange. Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage with HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette (peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes) with pickled cabbage
    D: savoury mince with mash (mixed sweet potato, potato and carrot) with asparagus, peas and broccoli
    Syns: I'll probably have wine syns as I can feel the holiday mood coming on.:)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    :Katheryn - if you can manage to pick up a wholemeal sandwich you can knock 6 syns off the total as your HEB.

WI this morning with a loss of 1lb so still need another 0.5lb to get back into target range so hopefully next week as haven't any plans for the weekend but no doubt plenty of wine syns will be coming into play and then I'll be reining it in after!

Today's plan is a Red day:

B - grapes after WI
    L - Tuna salad - lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onions, onion chutney, spring onion, tomato, pepper
    D - salmon & prawn fishcake, red pepper and tomato tartare (new recipe from this month's magazine, more salad, new potatoes - HEB1

HEA - milk
    HEB - new pototes
    HEB2 (if needed) Ryvita, quark, ham, cucumber

Syns - 1Tbs LTL mayo 0.5, wine:D

Denise
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Moonlustie wrote: »
    I went down that route a few years ago thinking I was being good and healthy - just the same as other hcb :(

I got them because they were the ones on the reduced trolley - though they look a bit fruitier so in truth I was expecting them to be more. That said I'll be lucky to get one between husband, littlie the in laws and their two dogs (who will steal just about anything edible unless you can't be reached!)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My Aldi hunt for the Lamb Rogan Josh has resulted in 4 garden plants and a pack of mini hot cross buns! (no rogan josh to be had).

At least the plants are inedible!
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Reporting -3 1/2lb
    Will have a catch up later
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • debtfreeatlonglast
    Options
    Hi, I have just joined sw online on tuesday. I am hoping I can come on here for inspiration and help during the tough times😢 I have got about 5 stone to lose but have initially set my target at 3 stone as 5 seems so far away.I am going on a lovely holiday in 12 months time so would love to think I would be slimmer and healthier for that. Am just back from a holiday and I did have a lovely time but fed up feeling hit and bothered and struggling to find flattering swimsuit etc. Am sure I will have loads of questions so please be patient😅 x
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,691 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T to bubbs and denise on your losses.
    joedenise wrote: »
    :Katheryn - if you can manage to pick up a wholemeal sandwich you can knock 6 syns off the total as your HEB.
    Denise
    I was thinking that I should be OK with hotel breakfasts over the weekend but decided to try and skip any toast. That way if a sandwich is all I can find at lunchtimes I'll be 6 syns down, if that makes sense.
    Hi, I have just joined sw online on tuesday. I am hoping I can come on here for inspiration and help during the tough times��

Good to have you on board. You'll learn the gist of SW from online membership and you'll have access to syn values but many people don't renew. Great to have a goal in mind but you're right to break it down into short term targets. I'd say that by the end of May (if not before) you could have lost your first stone!:) If you have time I'd suggest you post your menus on here and we'll comment if we see any problems. It may be a bit quieter over Easter but generally there's always someone around. Two bits of advice: plan your meals, snacks and the shopping to go with it and make sure you have at least a third of your food as Speed vegetables and/or fruit every day.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all
    Reporting -3 1/2lb
    Will have a catch up later

Well done bubbs :j .
  • moonlustie_2
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    My Aldi hunt for the Lamb Rogan Josh has resulted in 4 garden plants and a pack of mini hot cross buns! (no rogan josh to be had).

At least the plants are inedible!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills