Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today's menu was very low in speed food,will get back into proper eating tomorrow.I was given 2easter eggs,which I have hidden from myself in the back of a very high cupboard :D.

Breakfast: 1 slice of wholemeal toast (HEB),scrape Flora light (1/2 syn),Marmite

Lunch at inlaws' house.(My MIL usually does a roast when we go over there,so,especially after my weigh-in this morning,I was preparing mentally to just accept a synful meal today,and be fully ontrack going forward.)Pleasantly surprised to be offered casserole: lamb,carrot,onion,potato.Very little fat (just from searing the meat initially,I think).Served with peas and sweetcorn.
    So at least the meal was free-ish :D

Tea was leftover chicken curry,(tinned tomato and onion as speed) and rice.

Snack tonight :muller greek yoghurt,(1/2 syn)

HEA was skimmed milk in cups of tea.There would also have been a few syns in unmeasured semi-skimmed milk in cups of tea while at inlaws'.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Almost missed it today for Tomorrow's menu plan. I have had a good day no Easter eggs No chocolate of any kind. Not even a chocolate biscuit :A

Breakfast.. porridge a/b raspberries, blueberries strawberries.

Lunch.. beans on toast 6 syns clementine x 2

Dinner.. gammon B small chopped potatoes roasted. Mixed veg. Pear

Extra 2 crispbread cheese A and butter 5 syns ff yoghurt
    11 syns.

Congrats to all the losers and big hugs to STS and gainers you will all
    Do better next week( when Easter has finished ) :):).
  • PerthLady91
    Options
    Weigh in on Friday 14th - loss of 5lbs!!!! :) :j:j:j

Had a naughty Easter weekend but I am back on it today and going to try and get in an exercise routine!
    :heart: Starting SW Feb 2017 - Target to lose 4 STONE 8 LBS (64lbs) :heart:
    :heart:12 weeks down (21/04/2017) - 19 lbs gone forever
    :heart:
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I forgot it was Monday this morning and forgot to weigh myself, so can you put me down as a STS this week please Shala.

Well done to everyone that managed to stay on plan on Easter Sunday, and if you didn't, don't worry about it, it's only one day after all - draw a line and get back on plan.

Welcome back Greentiger :wave: and Top Girl :wave:.

Your Easter bath bomb sounds lovely Kathryn :) I miss soaking in the bath...

Well done for your first week Saverupper,:T that's great specially as you're doing it from home. And well done PerthLady - that's fantastic! :j

Sorry to hear of your back troubles TIE - the inflammation could be the cause of the gain as there will be extra fluids around the problem area. Your DH didn't do very well with his Easter surprise did he?! :rotfl: It sounds like Galaxy are cashing in on Easter by packaging golden eggs into what looked like a big egg.... :cool:

What's everyone got planned for Bank Holiday Monday? We're open this morning but expecting a mass exodus so we might go out somewhere this afternoon. Have a good day.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,561 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done to all the losers and hugs for those who need them. Easter is virtually over now so we can all get back on plan properly!!!

Today will be a Green day as I have a cauliflower which needs using up:

B - porridge (HEB); mixed frozen fruit - mainly melon but also strawberries, raspberries, grapes & pomegranate seeds
    L - spinach, sweet potato & lentil dahl - another new recipe for me - looks like it might be quite spicy as there are lots of different spices in it plus chilli!
    D - cauliflower cheese (HEA2/HEB2 + 4 for cheese sauce using a mix); chips

HEA1 - milk in tea throughout the day

Syns - 4 for the cheese sauce mix

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday those of you who have to go back to work tomorrow after the long weekend off. Glad I don't work any more:D

Denise
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations on losses, shiprob, Whiplashy, WJN, kathrynha (fab), candyapple, Maisie, lush, bubbs, piglet, jay, pixtotts, beanie (WOW – that was a heavy tooth!), Midge, esmy, Ruthy, chocolateteddy,wiz, Saver-upper (fab), TIE, PerthLady (jings, crivvens, help ma boab) and Lois.

Oh beanie, sorry abut your tooth. My DH had to have one out while I was away too.

What tv series kept you so engrossed, shala?

Well done for getting SOTW, piglet.

Hi again, Saver-upper and TG.

Hello, debtfreeatlonglast.

Thanks, bubbs and Lois, it was amazing!

Hooray! I’ve caught up at last! :j

And I am very pleased to announce a loss of 0.8lbs, but, after more than 2 weeks of holiday, I am thrilled. Still off plan today mostly as I’ll be celebrating my grandson’s birthday today. Back on it tomorrow.

Why am I losing weight? 1 – I’m overweight obese 2 – I get out of breath walking up hills, climbing stairs 3 – my knees and back get sore 4 – I look terrible in photos and I avoid being them, then when I look back at special events, I’m missing.

Enjoy the holiday, if you have it.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well yesterday wasn't too bad a day. Not as much speed as I should of had, but not too bad on the syns.

Just been shopping and now all ready for a good week.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit
    Lunch - miso noodles
    Dinner - speedy chilli
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Happy Easter :j No Easter eggs for me this year, but I did eat a salted caramel bomb that serves 2 :eek: Oops! Not going to lie, I don't regret doing it :rotfl: Also don't regret the Yorkshire puddings I had with lunch or the garlic bread I had for supper :rotfl: It's one day and still nowhere near as bad as scoffing a massive chocolate egg!

I'm really behind on the thread because I've been really unwell this week.. Congrats to anyone who lost this week.

STS for me this week. Shocked because I really did deserve a gain. It'll probably show up next week. Have a friend coming to stay for a few days during the week, so there will be a few meals off plan. Not going to worry about it though because with my health issues I don't get out of the house very often. Fingers crossed I'll be able to enjoy the few days. She's very active so I find it hard to keep up with her. Have managed to convince her that we should go to the spa for a few hours one of the days, so at least that will give me a chance to relax.
    That did make me:rotfl::rotfl:
    Weigh in on Friday 14th - loss of 5lbs!!!! :) :j:j:j

Had a naughty Easter weekend but I am back on it today and going to try and get in an exercise routine!

:T:T:T:T well done
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Tete ~~. I don't think that you sound jealous at all. Do you think your friend may have some issues though.
    Sounds like she was jealous when she was slightly bigger than you and he's playing tit-for-tat. I could be wrong.
    The joys of our friends :rotfl:

You're possibly right - I'll continue to grit my teeth and hope that she either gets over it and stops making remarks, or I actually lose the weight I want to and that shuts her up! :D
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    I got to target previously in time for my Silver Wedding Anniversary, we had a party where the dress code was 70s and I wore a shortish skirt and boots. My Mum said that now I'd lost weight I was wearing the clothes I wanted to wear when I was younger - nothing like calling you mutton dressed as lamb is there? lol

Sorry Lois, that did make me hoot!

Esmy - yes I'm tall too and hate how I look in group photos, it definitely adds an extra layer to how you feel after putting on a few pounds.

Good to see you back GT - you did well to catch up!

There are some big losses coming in over Easter weekend - very well done all!

I have pigged out a bit (days out Friday and Saturday and a carvery yesterday, plus choccy eggs) and actually feel pretty rough today from all the carp I've eaten. I'm still sitting in bed so will report back later with my meals for today - know I have stuff to use up in the fridge.
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone this will be my Tuesday menu plan..

Breakfast.. Bran flakes A/B. Mixed berries

Lunch..chicken salad light salad cream 2 syns beetroot pear

Dinner.. chicken s/w wedges, mixed veg. Clementine x2

Extra f f yoghurt 2 crispbread and butter 5 syns
    7 syns
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts