£67,031.92 is a frightening number indeed....

Options

Comments

• On_a_Shoestring
    Options
    I've been a lurker of your diary since you first started it and I just wanted to say it's a really enjoyable read! Good luck on your journey, you've done so incredibly well already! :j
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Completely my own fault - it's a standard service that I offer (I am aware this makes me sound like a hooker. I am not, honestly), but I was really lacking in confidence in it for ages so priced really low, but I really need to realise that five years down the line actually I know what I'm doing in this area now and price accordingly!

Quite right! Have confidence in your abilities :T

*Easy for me to say... :rotfl:
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So intrigued to know what you do ToP...I am looking at self employment in the creative industry and always fascinated at how many different jobs there are!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    It's not that glam Angelpye! I love it though, and I love love love being my own boss. I would really struggle to go back to an office environment.

I really feel like my feet aren't touching the ground this week - working again tomorrow, then both days on the weekend. Good to make the most of it while it's coming in though - will be nice to make more progress towards setting up April and May, financially speaking.

To Do today:
    1. Social media while working. Done!
    2. take snacks to where I'm working this morning. Done!
    3. work on sock knitting. Nope.
    4.NSD. Done!
    5. Play with budgets this evening and try to make a small debt overpayment. Nope, will try to make time in the morning.
    6. spend a little time focusing on the smaller business to get in a little extra income. Nope! Not time :(

To do this week::
    1. Look into changing bank accounts and decide whether we want the hassle (I rather like having all our accounts available under one login, not sure I want to open up three new accounts).
    2. Make the statement payment to the barclaycard (it will come out by DD if I don't pay it manually, but I like to get everything lined up as early as possible so it makes my YNAB look prettier). Done!
    3. List old unloved handbag on eb@y.
    4. Order birthday presents for child 2 and child 3.
    5. Plan birthday parties so anything needed can be ordered in.
    6. Declutter one room - I feel like the clutter in the house is bothering me again, it's been building up over the past few weeks.Done! Going to attempt to get the kids' room done too by the end of the week.
    7. Take lots of photos for social media at an event I'm going to on Thursday.[/QUOTE]
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I know exactly what that's like, to feel you've worked for free. At the moment I am doing a lot of value add for nothing, because I want the events to go well, and thus win me more work. But when you are getting calls at 10.30 at night..... Eventually I will separate out the two elements and price for my time if they want it.

Also totally know where you are going on the month by month thing. Up to the point of losing my big chunk of monthly income I'd started to pull ahead. At the moment I only have £200 booked into April. And essential outgoings of £1200 and it will probably be more because of the business rates increase. So even though I am taking bookings I am very uneasy and trying to hang onto every penny.

I'm working both days too.

Keep going!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dktreesea wrote: »
    ...clawed back from the money lender (makes them sound more sinister than bank.

Love this, stealing this.
    angelpye wrote: »
    So intrigued to know what you do ToP...

Me too, also intrigued by Bobarellas premises, I have wild imaginings of what that is.

But I love all the mystery too. I'm dying to know what the extra free packages were but sort of love guessing too:D
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »

Me too, also intrigued by Bobarellas premises, I have wild imaginings of what that is.

But I love all the mystery too. I'm dying to know what the extra free packages were but sort of love guessing too:D

:rotfl: I'm also super intrigued. I'm imaging all sorts...sometimes it's nice to let my imagination run wild! It's funny how bought in i am to things "oh that person will definitely want to hire your premises". I've never seen it nor do i know anything about it! Just shows how far support really goes on here :T
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Week 4: Day 5

Will post more fully later, but wanted a note of my list for the day down before I go into an all day meeting...

1. start bread rising before I go to a work event today.
    2. Make flapjacks this morning before leaving for work event.
    3. Pack snacks and water for work event in case of lack of food.
    4. Take plenty of pics for social media of work event.
    5. NSD.
    6. Work on smaller business this evening.
    7. Plan out weekend working for maximum efficiency (DH taking the children to visit a friend for the weekend).
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Peggybabcot
    Peggybabcot Posts: 290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and how interesting I'm finding your thread. I'm self employed too and it's a nightmare planning financially from one month to the next. I've been very guilty of using cc on a lean month but not paying them back on a good month but your comments have inspired me and I've finally, FINALLY had my light bulb moment so THANK YOU. I look forward to reading more and congratulations with how much you've achieved so far and your continued journey. X
    Grocery challenge June 2016
    £500/£516.04
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £500/£503.73
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and how interesting I'm finding your thread. I'm self employed too and it's a nightmare planning financially from one month to the next. I've been very guilty of using cc on a lean month but not paying them back on a good month but your comments have inspired me and I've finally, FINALLY had my light bulb moment so THANK YOU. I look forward to reading more and congratulations with how much you've achieved so far and your continued journey. X
    Aw, that's lovely! Thank you for stopping by :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback