We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning, hope you all had a good weekend. I was working and boy was it hot. I had sweat running down my face most of the day,it was so hot in the home. Fans didn't seem to help at all so glad i have today off. They have said today is the last day of high tempetures so have to make the most of my day off. Already have washing out. Know what you mean about the mag dailies not working, it's thrown my routine out today...lol. Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Decided taxi was my best bet for travelling today and girl in taxi office told me as I was doing multi bookings they have have a daily local like the buses. So have got six local journeys for £10 anywhere within bounderies. It costs me that to get to DS's and back by taxi. So pleased with that had to nip over to office and prepay it first which wasn't a problem as it is more or less across the road. If I needed to change return time just had to phone them as long as I kept between 9am and 5pm They have loads of cars and work 24 hours. All day local which I normally buy on bus is £3.50 for as many journeys as you want but thought toe deserved it lol.
  • rosemac
    Options
    Different subject. Yaaaaay have finally got a decission from the council who did not believe I was the only one who lived in this house. They are sending me a lot of money in a bank transfer as I would not accept a cheque. So have now got a single person discount. Was furious the first time they refused and very upset as I gave them a lot of documentation including a death certificate. They kept saying because DS was in navy he would be there at some time and he was married at the time. They had a copy of that but because DIL was from the area she could be there as well. When they brought GK's in to it I went into charge mode. They had better send the apology (written) or I will still be after them via newspapers. (they have been told this)
  • rosemac
    Options
    Have to say feel so sorry for DIL as she was paying when she moved back from DS's transfers from the navy and everything was taking forever but that is why I fought it. ( he was in plymouth and portsmouth then went to Helensborough) I worked as a civil servant and with local council and could see why they go wrong. But for goodness sake when you have evidence look it to it and get a grip I was also a branch secretary for the union USDAW and things went wrong for shop workers as well. The customer is always right according to employers but not always.
  • rosemac
    Options
    You can tell I was angry but not always and breathe:D:j
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone :wave: sorry I've not been in a while!
    Had a lovely catch up with Sheils on Sunday :) It was nice to see you and DH again Sheils and hope you enjoy your break.

Good for you Rose getting your money back what you're owed :) Hope the toe is better xx

Alfie, loved the leotard quote! :D I didn't know there was a national lemon day either! :p

Hope you managed to solve the issue with the mag dailies fire**fly! It might be lucky for you :)

Great news you're doing more hours at the shop as a volunteer Katie :)

Sylvia, well done winning the tv :T :j brilliant win :) hope it comes soon!

Indie, hope you're feeling better soon too! Xx

The girls have decided to sleep in the tent in garden tonight. I've had snapchats for the past half hour! I can't see them lasting outside for the whole night! :D
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • rosemac
    Options
    Morning peeps. Toe is still sore but not as sore. Looks like we are going to have a warm and lovely day here. Need to sort out tubs and bit of garden I have. Looking out winter bulbs and looking online for new ones (any suggestions wellcome)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    19a61de0e5e7842c6cb11eb9b7fa88cb--good-morning-quotes-romantic-anil.jpg

good morning all :wave:
    hope everyone's well & hugs for
    anyone needing one x

lol, yes wingo, mags sorted themselves out not long after
    i'd been moaning about them going down:rotfl:
    that'll teach me to be more patient before having a moan :D

great you're getting money back rose &
    well done sorting it out :A

hi everyone else :hello:
    & sending wishes for a lovely lucky day to all mini-graphics-elves-530717.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Alls quiet here again. DD2 went home late last night so the children were asleep. We had a great weekend especially as it was so sunny. Able to have some meals out in the garden. I managed to cut grass before they came. It felt like feeding thousands what with DD2 + SIL + 2 GKs + DS staying here plus DD1 + 1GS. Coming everyday (6 adults, 3 GKs).

Know how you feel Sylvia will be quiet again when school starts. Well done on TV win.

Sheils and Wingo great you were able to meet up. Wonder if your girls stayed in tent all night.

Katie well done on working on the rota sure it has helped everyone. Great to hear from you.

Indie hope your pains are feeling better. It's much cooler today. It must have been terrible for you working in that heat and for your clients.

Rose hope you toe is better.

Firefly take care. It was even hot in the house late last night. Much cooler now.

Alfie rain forecast soon. I expect your garden looks stupendous. All I can say here the over grown shrubs provided welcome shade.

Well cant believe the EOM comps are here. This month has flown by.
    Good luck everyone with them.
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 30 August 2017 at 11:28AM
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzSXT900JDyC3vImPc0o-rvOdCGU5y5wVGNRoNvaBHxdbOe3d5SQ

:hello: Good morning everyone

Hope you're all ok. :)

Brilliant that you're getting the money back rose - well done
    for persevering and getting it sorted out! :T

wingobins wrote: »
    Had a lovely catch up with Sheils on Sunday :) It was nice to see you and DH again Sheils and hope you enjoy your break.

The girls have decided to sleep in the tent in garden tonight. I've had snapchats for the past half hour! I can't see them lasting outside for the whole night! :D

I hadn't even realised that sheils was away again! Sigh ....
    must try to keep up! :p Did your girls manage to stay in the
    tent all night? :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcby5_2b1UWIWtn5obon-24cggJyhNrCz2OY7YpplVPRRD0QvoDQ

leanfun30 wrote: »
    Alls quiet here again. DD2 went home late last night so the children were asleep. We had a great weekend especially as it was so sunny. Able to have some meals out in the garden. I managed to cut grass before they came. It felt like feeding thousands what with DD2 + SIL + 2 GKs + DS staying here plus DD1 + 1GS. Coming everyday (6 adults, 3 GKs).

Alfie rain forecast soon. I expect your garden looks stupendous. All I can say here the over grown shrubs provided welcome shade.

Sounds as if you have been incredibly busy of late leanfun -
    lovely to be able to eat out in the garden too thanks to the
    beautiful weather. :T

No rain here yet although it was predicted. It's quite bright
    and breezy at the mo. Went out earlier and gave all my patio
    plants a good drink. Must admit though ... it's definitely
    feeling a bit cooler out.

Well best go and get on with a bit of comp catch up and
    maybe tackle the huge pile of ironing. :eek:

Have a lovely and lucky day all - take care. :)

Alfie xxx smileys-coffee-593319.gif
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts