🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, beautiful day here today. I'm off to work later for the late shift so can get washing done and out on line before i go. Just planted some lavender out for the bees, (not too near back door though..lol). Hope you all have a lucky day.
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wednesday.jpg

Good morning all don't think its going to be such a nice day here today, looks very iffy. Hope its good where you all are.

Off getting hearing aids sorted this morning as not hearing everying right again and family are getting a bit annoyed with me for leaving it so long.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    283667-Good-Morning-Have-A-Happy-Wednesday.jpg

Loving all the pics thank you.
    Got a busy day planned so don't think I will manage to do many comps again today.
    Had a lovely morning at the NTS gardens yesterday, shame we had to go shopping afterwards! Did buy a little Acer to put in our own garden and have my pansies to plant soon too. Will see what I have time to do today and how much assistance I can get from DH.

Hope you get hearing aids sorted out Sylvia. Know I get annoyed having to shout and repeat myself to my parents who seldom put theirs in.

Hope everyone has a lucky day.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Evening peeps. Turned out a nice night so off out for a walk. Blow off the cobwebs.
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    evening rose & all :wave:
    lovely evening here too :dance:
    couldn't be bothered to cook as it's been so warm today
    so took a walk up to chippie earlier :drool::D

hope you got pansies & acer planted sheils,
    they'll look lovely in your garden :dance:

hope all went well with sorting hearing aids sylv x

lovely you planted out the lavender indie :)
    the bees need all the help we can give them,
    I have chives/rosemary & borage etc growing
    each year & the bees love the flowers easy to grow
    & can all be used in cooking as well :dance:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• sheils6
    Options
    Got the Acer and a few pansies planted FF, will finish planting the pansies tomorrow I hope. Hope you enjoyed your chips.
    We had a busy afternoon as had to go to the bank to change the type of current account we have. Also visited my parents.
    Have absolutely nothing that we have to do tomorrow so hoping for a peaceful day apart from a bit of gardening!

• zeezee33
    zeezee33 Posts: 193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, sorry I haven't been in for a while, I had to stop comping for 5 or so days when I had the dreadful sinus infection and have been struggling to catch up with the main board ever since and wanted to read everyone's comments before I did post again, I hope everyone has been well and lucky since my last visit

Rose that sounds exciting about your secret admirer, I'd be so annoyed if I couldn't figure out who it was.

Wingo, your son's school sounds awful!! At least your daughter won't have to go there, I know the alternative is more pricey but at least you won't have to worry about her being bullied by the teachers like your other children.

Firefly, I couldn't stop myself giggling at the crusty soup.

Congrats on the new job mcculloch!! I've always fancied volunteering in a third world country teaching english, but I am terrified of flying lol.

Absolutely shocking about Manchester, my fiance told me about it when he woke me up yesterday and it took me a while to compute it, young innocent lives being wasted like that...my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and the families.

I've had a few wins since my last visit, which some I've posted about in the IWIWIW thread, it's funny that I won two makeup bundles in a row as make up comps are definitely not the ones I enter as often as others. I think I've worn makeup about a dozen times in the last 18 months but it has been refreshing to win the bundles as since, I have used the makeup and remembered my age a bit lol(I'm 20 in a few months and as such am probably seen as a baby to some of you lol) my disability means that I very rarely get to actually feel or act my age, so it's been nice. I also won £7.50 on the daily Quidco comp today, my first money win. It's funny, I saw it by chance on the first page of the main board when I was trying to find the page I left of on when I went to bed last night.

The weather today has been lovely but too humid, I've barely done anything today (except the food shop, picking up antihistimines for my fiance and look after my nephew for a few hours and I forgot I went to the GP's to be fobbed off and patronised by yet another doctor - I really must change my doctors surgery, it's like lottery odds seeing a good doctor there lol) and I feel incredibly tired, still really in the comping mood though lol so I'll probably stay up for a while and try to catch up.
  • sheils6
    Options
    253547-Cute-Good-Morning-Glitter-Quote.gif

Waiting patiently for mist to clear and the sun to appear!

Hope you got your daughter's curtains sorted out Alfie and all the "paws" have settled in.

Sylvia, hope you manage to get packing done today as I know you have a busy day planned.

Nice to see you again zeezee - hope you are feeling better today.

Not much of May left so good luck everyone.

sheils x

• rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Morning peeps. Looks like it is going to be a lovely sunny day her. Blue sky and the birds are singing. Zeezee sorry you have sinusitis. It is horrible and can be painfull. Can't touch your face without wanting to cry and feel like your head is going to meet with the floor at times. Don't know who flowers are from yet but enquiries are ongoing lol. Hope everyone else is well or feeling a lot better. Have a lucky day peeps.
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, I tossed and turned most of the night and then gave up and got up, very warm here as they said it would be overnight. Going to be 27 here today so another hot day. Must try and get out and cut the grass out front today.I had a win with Instyle mag yesterday,£50 SpectrumCollections.com voucher. Nice surprise to come home to.
    Hope you all have a lucky day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family