The Compers Inn (part 47)

Options

Comments

• leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks FireFly.

I recently found this site. Of course room is darker than with photographer's lighting.

Wish there was a photo of the windows. There are blinds with same flower material as cushions and then plain outside curtains.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love your bedroom leanfun - wish someone would do ours!
    DD and her bf just moved into the other bedroom in their house and they made a lovely job of it but couldn't afford to have new built in wardrobes etc.
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good-Evening-Friend.gif

Good evening all, hope you are all fit and well today if not hugs for you.

Busy day here, went over to help DD2 clean out the rabbits and guinipigs etc and then over to OH's DD1 for a birthday meal for OH's birthday the other day. Lovely meal and a good time.

Your bedroom looks fab leanfun, really resful too.

Have a lovely evening everyone.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your bedroom looks stunning Leanfun :) It didn't seem long ago when you won it. I bought my bedroom shreiber wardrobes, bed and bedsides from a shop that was closing down around 13 years ago and selling everything off cheap. They're still going strong now except maybe the bed is a bit creaky but we've changed mattress since. I would like a change of wardrobes though!

Hope your DD is settled well in her house Sheils. It's lovely when you can get rooms finished off :)

I do love sweet peas Rose but once I start eating them I can't stop! :o

Did you watch bgt tonight Alfie? I loved the 15 yr old boy singing Hallelujah...it was amazing!

It's been a lovely day for weather here too fire**fly despite local weather saying we're having rain! I got all my washing dried anyway :)

I took DD2 into town to a new dessert lounge that everyone was raving about. After a hot choc fudge, ice cream and caramel volcano and a latte I was stuffed! :D I did buy a new jacket for myself too.
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Ohhhh- what an utterly gorgeous room, leanfun. Just thinking of all the beautiful plasterwork and lovely fireplaces smashed to smithereens in countless Victorian house updates. Including my sister's place in 1974-5 ish. Argh.
    We all agreed it looked better at the time, though...
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • rosemac
    rosemac Posts: 6,576 Forumite
    Options
    Morning peeps. Awake at stupid o'clock again and can't get back to sleep. So sitting here with a cuppa comping. Wingo it is not those king of sweet peas. It is sweet peas as in flowers. I am not sweet toothed but that ice cream sounds fab. Like a bit of vanilla with strawberry sauce. Don't have any in freezer so just may head to supermarket and buy a couple of tubs. GK's will always eat it if I don't. Hope everyone is well. Take care. Have a lovely Sunday
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, the bedroom is stunning leanfun,i remember when you won it. I didn't sleep well either rose,must be something in the air..lol. I just put washing out as forecast says no rain today and although dull out at the moment the sun is due later.I'm off food shopping later other than that i'm having a lazy day. Hope you all have a good day.
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Options
    eb94fd8dba18d3bc9d0abf1f54af8a9f.jpg

Shame you didn't sleep well rose and indie, I seem to be sleeping pretty well these days. Fingers crossed it continues!
    Going to get DS3's bedding and ours done today and then I will be up to date with the washng,

Glad you had a good night Sylvia.

Saw the pic of your ice-creams on FB wingo. Did you really eat all that?:D :D
    Looked good anyway.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    464880524-easy-like-sunday-morning.jpg

Good morning all, am hoping it stays sunny today as it started off good yesterday and then bucketed down most of the day. Had a good evening with family yesterday and a lovely meal cooked.

Saw you lovely pud on fb Wingo, made my mouth water.

Have a lovely day everyone, hopefully a quiet one here today so will tidy up, sew and comp.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning sunny here too.

Sorry you were awake so early Rose and Indie. I too was awake early have been comping like mad instead of faffing about.

Thanks everyone re bedroom. Your right Sylvia it's restful. House was built in 1906. McCulloch we too took out two fireplaces in other bedrooms. Since I retired we found a 1900s fireplace that had been restored it cost a fortune but has pride of place in our front room.
    We still have one room to redecorate. It's below bedroom and previous people put in a big brick fireplace. It needs to come out.
    How I wish I had Sarah Slimm to do that room.

Sheils your DD and BF must be pleased to have room redecorated. You can always add things.

Wingo we too had schriber wardrobes they are over 40 years old and now in other bedrooms. Your dessert parlour sounds very American. Bet you felt stuffed.

DD1 is bringing GS over today so hope it stays fine.

Hope everyone has a good and lucky Sunday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure