Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    First day back at work yesterday and I was exhausted ! Lots of meetings and welcome back after 2 weeks off... you are now invited to a disciplinary meeting next week :( I am waiting for my union rep to confirm she can attend with me.

I put the joint of pork in the slow cooker yesterday before I left for work in the morning and it was ready when I got home at 1pm. DS and I had some shredded with jacket potato and veg and gravy nom nom :D DS has taken leftovers with spicy rice for lunch at work today and I have just had some with skinny fries and peas from freezer. I took puppy to the park this afternoon and she had a mad run around after her ball. Now she is snoozing and I may go and join her in a minute :rotfl:

I am feeling much better today but still a bit tired. I have washed some old towels we use for washing down the puppy when she gets back from the muddy park field and hung them out to dry as it is warm and sunny with a good drying breeze.

I have paid a lump off my credit card now the statement has finally appeared online. So that leaves me with £405.11 left to pay before 0% runs out.

All leave is suspended at work so I have not been able to book time off to go up north next week. To be honest I am not sure I am yet up to driving 4-5 hours anyway. I will catch up with my friend next time I go home for a week.

I am glad its Friday tomorrow. Roll on payday. I have checked my pay statement online at work and the banks notified my employer of my new account so they should do the same this month and transfer the money into my new account so I shouldn't need to do anything.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 January 2018 at 7:05PM
    Options
    Blooming work. It's good that you will have a rep with you. Do they honestly think you choose to be ill? There are such ignorant people in both of our workplaces. Rotters I hope your union rep whips them into shape.

Well done on cooking. I hope you are enjoying it. Hooray for payday. I can't wait for mine next week. Once the xmas credit card's are paid off I will feel so much better.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,602 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 January 2018 at 7:56PM
    Options
    Another day at work, another day nearer to payday !
    I was so tired last night I was falling asleep by 6pm. We ended up ordering pizza :o but I did use a 40% off voucher.

It was sunny this afternoon, I took puppy to vets for her claws clipping. It's included in the health care plan DS pays for. Afterwards I walked her on a field near the vets used by dog walkers and it was so muddy my walking boots were squelching and puppy was rolling around wallowing in it :rotfl: I have a blanket in the back of the car so she laid out on that for the drive home and then I put her straight in the bath ! So she is all fluffy and clean again.

I have cooked some chicken and rice for tea and DS tomorrow as I am going out. One of my friends is having a pamper party tomorrow so I am off for a massage and facial £20. We did the same a few months ago and it was lovely. I have bought a bottle of peach lambrini £2.99 :D and will pick up a quiche on the way. We all take some food and drink and I am looking forward to a lovely relaxing time.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done you for coping with work. I am not surprised you are tired. It's great you are walking so much and hurrah for the pamper party. It is just what you need.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,602 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 January 2018 at 9:42AM
    Options
    Hurrah for the weekend :)

I have checked online banking and moved money around so I should have enough left in my current account to cover my car service plan direct debit £28, the £60 paid for breakdown cover, £20 for the pamper party massage and facial later today & £20 left to cover milk / bread and any bits of shopping needed before payday. If there is anything left on 31st I will transfer it to the 0% credit card. Things are going to plan so far this month with £50 in the birthdays / Christmas account and £200 left in the annual bills account (insurances, line rental saver etc)

I have just realised we have not been informing the pet insurance each time we have been to vets. I thought it was just if we were going to claim but it may be every visit :(. I am going to ring them at 9am when they open & hope we will not be in trouble.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done in sorting out your finances. I hope the pamper party is fun. I hope the insurance is sorted.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    The pamper party was excellent, I had a neck & shoulder massage and a sinus drainage facial total £20 and felt wonderful afterwards. It was so relaxing and we had lots of chat and laughter which also helped. We all took some nibbles, I spent £3 and a bottle of drink, I just took peach lambrini, which is lovely cold and not very strong £2.99.

Today I have checked online banking and later I need to check what food we have left and make a meal plan to last till payday. I will need to go to the coop and get milk but am hoping not to need anything else.

It rained for most of the day yesterday, but the forecast is dry today so I will walk the puppy this morning and hopefully get some washing done.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed the pamper party. Happy walking today. :j
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Forgot to mention pet insurance was sorted yesterday. I phoned them with the dates and treatments and they said no problem. All treatments after 14 days of policy start date and not claiming so she just said she needed to note them on records.

Today has been bright and breezy and fairly mild. Heating has been off all day. I did one load of work clothes on economy wash, dried outside and ironed / put away. I went to coop for milk and bread and peanut butter for puppy lol, stuck to budget. Have prepared a meal plan till payday. Eating up bits and pieces from freezer, last chicken Kiev for lunch with last few skinny fries and peas. Just trying to decide what to make with a chicken breast, maybe a quick curry sauce from gravy granuals and curry powder with half a pack of micro rice and more peas from freezer :D DS has gone out for dinner so no need to feed him ;)

Back to work tomorrow. Petrol light came on yesterday so I will need to put £10 petrol in for the week.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on meal planning. Good luck at work and have a good night. Don't be stressed by any meetings just focus on the clock and the next pay day like I do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure