New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 7:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.9K replies 184.6K views

Replies

• KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rest, rest and more rest for you, young lady! Glad you've been to see the doctor, and work can go hang til you're properly better x
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have been resting today and sleeping so nothing done. Checked online banking and my new account is open just waiting for the account switch to go through. DS is off work so he has been looking after puppy. Will be glad when antibiotics start working on my ears so I get my balance back and stop lurching around like a drunkard :rotfl:Have had to turn down a girls night of dancing and live music tomorrow as just not up to it. On a positive note all food from stores today and a NSD
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still wheezing like a 40 a day smoker (haven't smoked for 15 years) but feel more like myself today. DS has walked puppy and gone to work. I've done one load in the dishwasher and scrubbed the patio with disinfectant to get rid of doggy odours. Wasn't very energetic scrubbing more of a sluice down but needed doing while the weather is nice and dry. Sun is coming out and a good breeze blowing. Heating was off last night and so far today it's quite mild so hoping to get the energy to go get a load of washing done on economy wash and dried outside to save money on heating.

I am going to make some soup for lunch and get some chicken out of the freezer for Chinese tonight when DS gets back from work to use up some crinkly green peppers with a jar of aldi black bean sauce
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're on the mend Skinty, and it sounds like you did a lot today! Hope DS can make the dinner to let you rest up a bit more. Don't overdo things....pretty please!
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I hope you are ok.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few days of sleeping and doing nothing so yesterday was the first day of feeling better. DS has been helping with dishwasher and bringing me cups of tea. Yesterday was his day off but he didn't get home till 7.30pm from his volunteer job so we were both tired and ended up having a Chinese delivered :o

Not much planned for today

Load/unload dishwasher
    Work clothes wash on economy hang out depending on weather
    Tidy bedroom - needs a good sort clothes and bedding

Not sure whether I will go back to work tomorrow sick leave disciplinary looms :(
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • edited 14 January 2018 at 1:15PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 January 2018 at 1:15PM
    Please try not to stress.

The most important thing is your health. Just focus on getting well and don't worry about work for now.

After my illness last year work gave me a huge pay cut and job role change. Although i am still upset in some ways financially I am actually better off as it forced me to rent out my room. I have much less stress at work and spend less time with mean people at work. I'm wondering if you might still consider renting out your spare room. I know it's small but a student will want it I am sure and it's much less stressful knowing you have some extra income coming in.
  • edited 14 January 2018 at 10:57PM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 January 2018 at 10:57PM
    The spare room is just big enough to fit a double bed and DPs use it when they come to stay. Also the double glazed window frame is broken and the curtains blow when it's windy. The next thing on the list of house maintenance / repairs is replacement windows in the two smaller back bedrooms.

I have done very little today and slept a lot. I had a shower and tried to do some housework but my chest was aching so I laid down again! I am anticipating a day off work tomorrow. Antibiotics have worked on my ears but not my chest infection.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I woke up in the night with ear ache and didn't feel well enough to go to work today. Its a mild wet day, the heating is off. I've had leftovers for lunch. I got my pin number and confirmation letter for my new bank account today, but also got another letter for another application asking me to go into branch. I phoned to new accounts team and they have cancelled the "duplicate application". My switch date is 19 Jan.

My car is 5 years old this month and so my free 5 year warranty and breakdown cover run out. I've started some quotes for breakdown cover and will phone my insurance company too and see if they can beat the online quotes. My car company are emailing me details of an extended warranty and the price so I can decide whether to take out a further warranty with them. The 5 year warranty has been brilliant and covered lots of things on my car so I am a bit concerned now that it will run out and everything will go wrong and I will end up with big bills !
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you are feeling a little better. I hope the car will be ok. They are so expensive.

What a rainy day. Goodness. I hope tomorrow is better.