New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 7:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.9K replies 184.7K views

Replies

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad puppy is doing well. I'm going to copy you and put up a Statement of Affairs as it's been ages since I did one.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • edited 7 January 2018 at 11:38AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 January 2018 at 11:38AM
    Got 2 loads of washing done on economy wash, some tidying, carpet freshened and hoovered and 2 puppy walks yesterday. Also did some batch cooking and froze some meals.
    It's a lovely sunny breezy day today but chilly when I walked puppy this morning. Another load of washing just finishing. We've had a fry up for brunch and I am cooking fajitas for dinner later. DS will do the afternoon puppy walk. Should be a NSD today.
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds so positive. Its really breezy by me. I wish I had some washing to do but I don't. lol.

It sounds like you really enjoy cooking. Having puppy there is great as it means you go out every day and it's a great way to exercise. :j
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually hate cooking but its gotta be done. If it was just me I would live off jacket potatoes and microwave meals :rotfl:

I walked the puppy this afternoon, DS did the morning shift whilst I was at work. She was running around like a loon after her ball. It's so cold tonight I have 2 jumpers on and am sitting under a furry throw and I am still cold. I don't want to have the heating on all night but its chilly tonight. I'm just about to cook some dinner so I will warm up round the gas ring while its cooking lol.

I put £15 petrol in the car today as the orange empty light was on, paid from petrol budget in SOA and I spent £3 from the free money card in the Tesco shop on 6 cans of diet coke and £1 on naughty choc mini eggs. :o
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been bitterly cold today, hasn't it?! I was shivering in my classroom and when we went out for our walk, I could see children's legs going red - the ones that were foolish enough to come in wearing shorts or skirts without tights today, that is!

Hope it's warmer tomorrow, I can feel the cold in my old bones, lol.
  • edited 10 January 2018 at 12:01AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 10 January 2018 at 12:01AM
    I have slept most of the afternoon and evening today but don't feel much better just less tired lol. Will have to go see Doc if things don't improve soon. DS has seen to puppy and made his own dinner. I just had cold meat and cheese with crackers and salad as I didn't feel very hungry. Puppy is asleep and DS has just gone out to the gym. Ive been looking for jobs a few possibles will look again tomorrow am in bed feeling sleepy again now so better get some shut eye as the alarm will be going off at 5am for work.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Half price flapjack and a freshly baked cheese twist from tesco on way to work paid for with compensation money card from Xmas. Work was a long slog today and seemed never ending came home and slept for 1 1/2 hours. Walked the puppy then went to coop and bought their £5 meal deal, southern fried boneless chicken box, bag frozen fries, 2 garlic bread (substitute for onion rings sold out) frozen corn cobs and a box of 8 dairy milk mini ice creams pretty good value for a fiver and will satisfy kfc craving at the weekend with plenty of chips/corn/garlic bread leftover for other meals.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you been checked recently for anaemia and thyroid? If you haven't please pop to dr. I'm tired too mine is just diabetes I think as it's been crazy. I keep sleeping. Part of it is that I don't want to be at work and it's not even that bad. I'm sure mine will end when the daylight hours get a little longer.
    5.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    After feeling quite poorly I have been to doc today and have chest and ear infections. Now have antibiotics and am off work. Hopefully they will start working soon I have slept most of the day.

Good news is my old bank are offering £125 to switch current account so I have applied to switch back :beer:
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    15.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear I am so sorry about the infections. I hope the pills work soon. Extremely well done on switching your account and the extra money earned.

Please rest as much as poss and have a peaceful Friday. :A