New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.1K replies 174K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still off my feet today. DS walked puppy this morning. I have been doing some training with her indoors and it must have worn her out as she is crashed out asleep :rotfl:

I opened a dispute with paypal yesterday and paypal escalated it to a claim over the phone as I have already tried to contact the seller. They said the seller has until 3 November so we will see what happens next.

I have ordered myself some new clothes to cheer me up and as all my clothes are too big now I have lost almost a stone in weight. I ordered for free delivery from George to my local asda as I find their clothes are good for work and wash well. 5 pairs of work trousers only £6 each, 2 pairs of jeans £10 each, shoes £10 plus 5 tops/jumpers total spend £118. I don't expect they will all fit so may return some to store for free. My DP's have kindly said they are giving me some money for xmas so it will be paid off the 0% credit card. Time to treat myself I think. Have also ordered puppy some new toys online £20 with next day delivery described as for enthusiastic chewers !! As I am off work and off my feet it will give her something to occupy her mind.

Current account stands at £256.37 credit at the moment and just one more direct debit for car service plan/mot to come off £28.04 on 28 October so should have around £200 left over by payday which I will probably pay onto the 0% credit card.
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning :) Am feeling much better today and have been able to put foot on floor without too much pain in ankle. Still off work today. I put puppy out at 5.30am and fed her / played with her until it was going to work time when she has gone back to bed to keep her in a routine so she doesn't get used to me being around all the time. Have been looking online for a solution to my boiler problem and have posted for advice on this site so am hoping for a solution without having to replace the whole boiler or cost loads of dosh !

I have had a text from delivery company and puppy toys will be delivered between 12-1 so am going to have a snooze now. DS will be up and walking puppy this morning. Hoping DS will either do some shopping later or take me to supermarket and push me round in one of their wheelchairs :o as we need a few bits and pieces before payday.
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so sorry you are still hobbling and in pain I hope it stops soon. On the plus side you have not had to go into work so please have a bit of fun if you can. It sounds like you have been v busy. Well done on buying clothes and toys for lil puppy. Good you deserve a treat.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning :) I am feeling a lot better today and ankle is not as painful. It brightened into a nice sunny day yesterday and I managed to get a load of washing done and out on the line and give downstairs a quick hoover over with my lightweight cordless hoover. Feeling a bit more upbeat today.

I am planning to have another day off work today and try and get out on my crutches as I haven't left the house since sunday. DS is on a training course so I need to take the puppy out even if its just to the end of the road and back. I am planning to go back to work tomorrow for a couple of hours as DS is at work and I will need to take puppy out. We start puppy classes on Monday so I need to be able to drive by then. I will try driving in my quiet road today and attempt an emergency stop and see how that goes.
  • KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're on the mend. It's a good idea to not rush back into everyday life, take things easy on your crutches. I was on them with a broken ankle for about 6 months many moons ago, and got so tired just walking around. Oddly enough, I was cleared to drive as soon as the cast came off - and I'd broken my right ankle!!
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Managed to walk puppy up and down the road. We met my neighbour and puppy had lots of fuss. She came home and fell asleep !

Driving was ok. I went to local co-op parked outside and got a few things used a £1 off co-op coupon. Then I went through the asda click and collect drive through and picked up my clothes order. Didn't even have to get out of my car lol.

On the way home I went through McD drive-thru and had a :money: big mac and fries for £1.99 :D

Most of clothes look nice, just need to try them on. One of the tops I don't like so that will be going back. Foot is aching tonight but not too bad. Am going to go to work tomorrow, I am due to do 4 hours so a short day, need to be on my feet by Monday to take puppy to classes.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on dog walking. Good luck at work tomorrow. Hope you like the clothes. Yum to McDonalds. I am on a diet - well-ish.:rotfl:
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aching this morning but went into work for 6.30am till 10.30am. Came home and walked the puppy few hundred yards to the park and let her have a run around.

As its sunny and warm I have put washing out and scrubbed the patio. Foot is aching now but not too bad. Am going to put my feet up for the rest of the day.

Have been invited out to cost-a-lot tomorrow with the girls. Not sure if I will go.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well done for going to work. Take it easy. I think you are doing too much. Have a good day. I'm off to visit the boys. Parents come today boys are dropping me back after Beaulieu firework display.
    4.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the fireworks SW !!

The sun is shining today, one load of washing out and another just finishing. Walked the puppy earlier, only round the corner to the park and some of her puppy pals were there so she was running around off the lead and has been asleep since we got back :D

I have tried on some of the clothes and I think I was a bit optimistic getting size 12 work trousers as they are a bit tight. I have re-ordered in size 14 which are a bit big on the waist but they are selling out fast. I have had my current ones for 3 years and they are starting to look worn and threadbare. I will return the size 12's. The size 12 jeans are fab and I don't need to wear a belt any more to stop them falling down :rotfl:One cardi and one top are also going back and I have ordered replacements along with the larger work trousers. Not sure about the shoes as my foot is still swollen so not able to tell if they will fit once foot is back to normal.

Off for coffee with the girls later this afternoon and then to the range to look at their xmas decs. I have told myself I am only looking :p;)