New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.1K replies 173.3K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not feeling well today, think I'm starting with a cold and my ears are sore. Puppy unwell too, visit to vet and £67 later we have eye drops for conjunctivitis. She seems a lot better this afternoon her eye is less red & sticky. We have had 2 walks and both spent most of the time in between asleep on the sofa :rotfl: Used a £5 off voucher to get big bag of dog food.

No news on the boiler part. I tested the heating this afternoon and can get the heating to come on but cant use the timer properly, also the temperature valve on the radiator in the puppy area is not working so the radiator got really hot. I have found a replacement valve for £23 at b n q but will try a few other free things suggested by DF first. I spoke to paypal and have to allow 7 days for the part to arrive or they will start a dispute so will give it until Monday then call them back as they suggested.
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the cold is a light one. Drink loads of lempsip. Well done on walking. I hope the boiler money is sorted soon. hugs, swx
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am very glad its Friday ! Popped to aldi for some shopping on the way home from work. I am having sausages with jacket potato and cauliflower cheese for dinner. I will part microwave the potato to save having the oven on so long.

I have emailed a puppy training class to try and get puppy to behave ! DS walked her this morning and she was good. He's now at work and shes asleep. I will walk her when she wakes up again.

No news on the boiler part so I cant see that suddenly arriving before Monday when I will contact paypal again. I've set up online banking for my new 0% credit card so I can start to pay it once the first bill arrives. I've also checked my meter readings and there is a 12 month fix from eon which looks good, but I have £30 exit fees for gas and electric at the moment. Am just waiting for the free transfer period and hoping eon will still be doing the same deal. I think I have about a month to go.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its very windy here today ! Managed a puppy walk between downpours this morning. Not much else done, apart from scrubbing down the patio. I was going to put some screenwash in my car but the wind nearly ripped the bonnet out of my hands :eek:so I'm leaving that for when the wind has dropped !! Still no sign of the boiler part & no reply from the dog trainer yet either.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you managed to walk in the storm. It has been awful here. Well done you.

:beer:

I'm going to stay with the boys tomorrow and will come back Monday as I need a break. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well. hugs, swx:beer:
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a lovely time SW.

Sunny morning today, took the puppy for a walk then to the vets. Only £14 this visit as we saw the vet nurse not the vet. I think we will ask to see the vet nurse again if this condition continues as they can sort it just as easily as the vet and its cheaper. At least her eyes have cleared up with the drops we got last week.

One load of washing out and almost dried until just now the heavens opened so have dashed out and brought it in. Not too bad will finish on airers. The dog bedding has had to go in the tumble dryer so she can sleep on it tonight.

Had a reply from one dog trainer who has a class starting next week but it is 7 miles away so would need to drive. Cost £45 for 8 weeks. Still waiting to hear from another one a bit nearer.

Roast chicken for dinner tonight picked up in aldi on Friday. DS is on nights so will be off to work afterwards. I'm supposed to be back at work tomorrow but I feel exhausted and my ears are still aching am beginning to feel like I have an ear infection. Will see how I feel in the morning, may need to visit the GP.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am waiting for the local NHS treatment centre to open this morning While I was walking the puppy yesterday she was running around off lead with another dog and they crashed into me and knocked me off my feet. I thought I was ok and got up and walked home but my ankle swelled last night and is agony and I cant walk. :( Thankfully I have lots of back pain meds that have at least let me have a few hours sleep.

DS is due home from nights later. I hope its not broken but either way I will not be able to walk puppy so DS will have to manage. If I can get some crutches at least I can get about the house in less pain.
  • KittikinsKittikins Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no, you poor thing. Take care of yourself. Can DS take you to the doctor's so you don't have to walk/drive? Sending virtual bags of ice and cushions to rest your ankle on x
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I hope that you can get it seen to asap. Take it easy. The neighbours will have to walk puppy whilst DS is not in house. Make sure you take it easy and don't stress.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was seen xray'd and home within 2 hours. Not bad for the NHS ! Thankfully ankle not broken just badly sprained swollen and bruised. Got a pair of crutches to keep the weight off it and have taken it easy today. Phoned work and said I would see how I feel in a few days but tbh I can't see me going in this week. Ds walked puppy and sorted dinner I wanted takeaway but he was good so we had fajitas instead.

Have been dozing on and off most of the day. Fell asleep on the sofa this evening and forgot about my foot so jumped up without thinking and nearly shot through the ceiling with the pain Have just taken strong painkiller feeling sleepy now.