Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• EmmaMicawber
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Some multivitamins and zinc might help a bit if you're feeling run down?
    Eight magpies is impressive - I hope they bring you good fortune :)
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Some multivitamins and zinc might help a bit if you're feeling run down?
    Eight magpies is impressive - I hope they bring you good fortune :)

Thanks Emma

I went to the doctor who assured my I don’t have what Google said I did :rotfl: Yes I have an abscess and got antibiotics. If it gets worse or doesn’t go away I may have to have it drained :eek: No thankyou doctor been there done that lol. Anyway I feel a little easier now but have constant nagging pain. DH said I’ve had that for 30 years with you :rotfl:

He also survived the Dentist. Had 2 teeth removed and needs more work doing. The dentist is happy for him to pay off as he goes along so that’s a bonus I suppose. Another bill but at least we haven’t got to stump it all up at once.

I am waiting for my payday which isn’t till Monday but I’m getting impatient and want to pay some of my debt however small.

Absolutely freezing here today and couldn’t warm up all day at work. Home now and finally warmed up with a hot water bottle and the TV remote which is a rarity as DH can not cope if he’s not holding on to it. A man thing I think.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • motivated
    Options
    Morning all

I can finally update as I’ve been paid and I feel like I’ve made another small progress step :D

DDs paid
    SOS paid
    Savings accounts topped up
    Savings tin topped up
    Rounding down accounts done

Even though some of the amounts are small, progress is progress after all :)

Car has been taxed for another year too :T

Short term goal is looking good and I plan to get this paid off by April. This will boost the funds that can be put to my next goal although I haven’t decided what yet.

Grocery shopping done and put away and about to tackle the housework :(
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    My January plan is coming together ready for the year ahead :D

Just sat for an hour upstairs in the quiet (DH has football on)

I bought a pack of 10 plastic folders with fasteners from Aldi for £1.99 They are seconds as the patterns are on the wrong side on some of them but who cares they were a bargain. Very :money: and I have organised a folder for each creditor. All correspondence, balances, payment arrangements, account numbers etc in each one. Written up all current balances and monthly payments. If and when I receive any letters from them I will know exactly where to find each folder. :T

Have just written 2 letters to our MBNA accounts who are currently with a DCA. Payments accepted and to start February. :)

I’m hoping now that I will hear from Barclaycard pretty soon saying they have sold us on too. We can then set up payment plans with them also and my plan will be well and truly underway.

Feeling a lot better again as I can see this organisation paying off now and reducing the stress a bit more.

Off to buy stamps and post letters.
    M
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Hi, I've just spent the past couple of hours or so reading through your diary, and I just couldn't walk away and not reply.
    You are an absolute inspiration! You have no idea how much you have motivated me today to get saving and debt free. Love you saving pots (something I'm going to start!) Also, love you rounding down theory! I have just done this with my online saving account-41p ha ha, (every penny counts) I've got a DD coming out tomorrow, so will round that amount down and add to it too.
    Your positivity is infectious, and your truly have made me focus today!
    I've got a shift tonight (second job) and seriously couldn't be bothered to go, but after reading your diary today you have made me want to go-after all I'll be earning money! Better than sitting, slobbing watching trash on TV. Or even worse-spending money i don't have!
    Just wanted to thank you and congratulate you on your wonderful journey so far! Keep up your positive outlook X
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi, I've just spent the past couple of hours or so reading through your diary, and I just couldn't walk away and not reply.
    You are an absolute inspiration! You have no idea how much you have motivated me today to get saving and debt free. Love you saving pots (something I'm going to start!) Also, love you rounding down theory! I have just done this with my online saving account-41p ha ha, (every penny counts) I've got a DD coming out tomorrow, so will round that amount down and add to it too.
    Your positivity is infectious, and your truly have made me focus today!
    I've got a shift tonight (second job) and seriously couldn't be bothered to go, but after reading your diary today you have made me want to go-after all I'll be earning money! Better than sitting, slobbing watching trash on TV. Or even worse-spending money i don't have!
    Just wanted to thank you and congratulate you on your wonderful journey so far! Keep up your positive outlook X

Hi debtnomore and thanks for popping in and your nice reply. I’d like to say it’s been easy getting to this point but I can’t :o. We’ve had tears, tantrums, meltdowns etc and that’s mainly from DH :rotfl:

The rounding down is infectious and it builds up really quickly too. My positivity comes from the members of the DFW thread who have advised me, supported me, encouraged me and basically told me what I needed to do.

Before you know it your 41p will be £41. You watch.

Feel free to tag along and I hope your shift tonight goes quickly and yes you’re better off at work it’s pants on the tele tonight :D
    M
  • motivated
    edited 29 January 2018 at 8:56PM
    Options
    Hi diary world :o

Been AWOL for a while as I’ve been a little fed up. Nothing drastic just had a while of feeling :mad: with myself again. Another small bump in the road on a DMP journey. However I gave myself a good talking too and realised I need to be here in order to keep me on track and focused.

Right enough of the self pity :)

Been saving what I can when I can and managed to organise another 2 debts. Have set up repayment plans with 2 CCs that are now sold on and with DCAs. Halifax are being managed by a DCA but haven’t been sold on. Have managed to secure lower but more affordable payments and we have now got 4 payment plans up and running. Been paying them token payments for a few months and eventually they went to DCAs. We are now paying more reasonable amounts every month and creditors have totally left us alone.

2 CCs with the same provider left to sort out but they are dragging their heels a bit so I will sit it out with token payments on these 2 until they hopefully sell us on too. To be honest all creditors have been absolutely fine and I couldn’tve asked them to be more understanding and cooperative.

Budgets have been going ok and I phoned our short term goal debt to ask for a balance. It was actually £2.73 less than I thought so a bonus there :rotfl:

Note to self: Keep going and look where I’m going and not where I’ve been :D
    M
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry you have been feeling fed up. Glad to see you’re back. We have similar debt amounts so I completely understand how you feel. Just remember your short term goals ( which is looking good).

We can do this motivated, I’m cheering for you!
  • motivated
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Sorry you have been feeling fed up. Glad to see you’re back. We have similar debt amounts so I completely understand how you feel. Just remember your short term goals ( which is looking good).

We can do this motivated, I’m cheering for you!

Thank you debtaghh

I'm tackling my short term goal and will be able to pay a little extra I think this month. Now the balance has come down it seems to be taking ages to clear. How weird.

I must stop being impatient though and trying to run before I can walk. I go through phases like one minute i'm so up beat and the next i'm like :eek:

Keep going also debtaghh you are so much more positive than at the beginning. :)
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi all

Received a letter regarding the PPI complaints I sent in. No luck so far but one says they are paying us £187 plevin thingy :T. I’ve no idea how it all works but jumped on the bandwagon with lots of others on here and came out with £187 we never had.

A nice little treat to kick off the weekend. :D

Hope everyone is well
    M
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills