Breeze Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• markharding557
    Options
    My time with Breeze has been quite good service wise but their prices have become uncompetitive, so now I'm moving on.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get a bill from Breeze after you have submitted your meter readings? thank you
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I switched to them in September and they were easy to contact- needed to clarify something in their t&cs, and they checked for me.

Did the sign-up over the phone in five minutes.

No problem so far.
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Please can anyone tell me about how long it takes to get a bill from Breeze after you have submitted your meter readings? thank you

I received an email, within the week of submitting my readings, telling me my statement was ready, so logged into my account and viewed it, then clicked the option for it to be emailed to me- arrived straight away.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Initially delighted with Breeze especially like other customers I did not want a smart meter that would have to change when I change provider.

However when the tariff came to an end my bill increased by £600 a year and I joined another company. Breeze sent me an email which looks pro forma objecting to my move( apparently I don`t read my meters- I do it every month!) and now I have to start the process again. I do owe them money but I had rung them the same day to find out how to move and the adviser said all I was doing was correct!

I shall contact Ofgem for advice but am very disappointed.

I shall try to find the contact details for the CEO to speed things up as I feel I am being bullied by this refusal to let me change companies. I am very upset by this.

I am waiting to go into hospital for a knee replacement so really dont want to find I am forced to sty with Breeze because they wont allow the transfer.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    Initially delighted with Breeze especially like other customers I did not want a smart meter that would have to change when I change provider.

However when the tariff came to an end my bill increased by £600 a year and I joined another company. Breeze sent me an email which looks pro forma objecting to my move( apparently I don`t read my meters- I do it every month!) and now I have to start the process again. I do owe them money but I had rung them the same day to find out how to move and the adviser said all I was doing was correct!

I shall try to find the contact details for the CEO to speed things up as I feel I am being bullied by this refusal to let me change companies. I am very upset by this.

I am waiting to go into hospital for a knee replacement so really dont want to find I am forced to sty with Breeze because they wont allow the transfer.

If you owe the supplier money, that I am sure will be the reason for your switch request being objected to.

Ofgem won't help you, save possibly to reiterate the above, or advise you how to raise a complaint with the supplier.

If you want to switch, you will need to pay off the arrears.

If you want to complain about anything else (such as possibly being misled by a earlier call handler) then I recommend you follow the supplier's complaint procedure which will be the speediest way to resolve your complaint (as they are the people the CEO employs to deal with complaint handling)
    http://www.breezeenergy.co.uk/complaints/
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »

Following the supplier’s complaints procedure will not lead to a quick resolution of your problem. How much do you actually owe? The easiest way to unblock a block is to make a one off payment which puts your account into credit.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 November 2018 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Following the supplier’s complaints procedure will not lead to a quick resolution of your problem. ...

I'm sure it will, although I accept the resolution offered may not be the one the poster is hoping for.

I agree, paying off the arrears will probably be the only way to allow the poster to switch supplier...and I would fully expect that to be the resolution offered by the supplier.

But I'm not sure which tariff the poster has been placed on by Breeze following the end of the previos tariff. It may not be the best tariff for the poster offered by Breeze, and so Breeze may offer their currently available tariff (Breeze Autumn 2018)
    The reason I wonder this is, despite prices haven risen over the last year, that Breeze tariff does not seem outragously expensive (although the standing charges of about £100 per fuel could possibly be halved elsewhere), but a £600 year increase in a huge increase, which I would suspect only applies if someone was using say £3k+ of energy per year last year.
    (but I would welcome being proved wrong if anyone could provide me with the full details)

However, if no response to a formal complaint is received within 8 weeks of starting and following the complaint procedure, at least the poster could then escalate the matter to the Energy Ombudsman, who, if unable to do anything about allowing the poster to switch supplier with arrears still existing, may agree to a goodwill gesture (that will go towards paying off the arrears if not already done so) for the service failure of the supplier to respond to a complaint within the required time.
  • janb5
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. My gripe was that I had spoken to an adviser on Friday afternoon and he said everything I was doing is correct. I do believe that a hike of £50 per months way too high.

Breeze only after one tariff as well. I have looked at Trust pilot and other posters have commented that Breeze were difficult when they wanted to leave.

I`ll update the post once I`ve spoken to Breeze tomorrow. Incidentally Breeze aren`t signed up to the collection of supplies that facilitate fast change to another supplier.
  • janb5
    Options
    All sorted out with Breeze and they have allowed me to change suppliers. I`ve gone for Bulb. I was going to move to GNE but couldnt change the details on the Energy Club.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure