Electric cars

Options

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    shinytop wrote: »
    It's a real shame that the EV battle is being fought at this end of the market. The world doesn't need more huge private vehicles carrying one or maybe two people. I mean, even Tesla's budget model is going to be the best part of £40k and is by most standards a large car.
    Everyone in the car industry knows:

Small Cars = Small Profits (if any)
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    you can get similar now in China for £7k

Not sure about that unless they've been crash tested!
  • shinytop
    shinytop Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Car_54 wrote: »
    Everyone in the car industry knows:

Small Cars = Small Profits (if any)
    That's exactly my point. Rather than truly disrupting the market, Tesla is just prolonging the status quo of 'needing' such huge vehicles. You often hear the 'who really needs more than 200 miles range argument' but how about the 'who really needs a 2.5 tonne monster truck/limo' argument. I think what Renault/Nissan have done is just as impressive but in a different way.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keep forgetting to post this video/advert of a F-150 towing 1,250,000lbs.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    TM3 did OK I suppose in June in Europe.

Huge Tesla High Tide In Europe — June EV Sales Report
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Martyn1981
    Options
    The 2,500th LEVC TX has rolled off production lines in Coventry, and the popular electric taxi now makes up 10% of London’s black cab market. Around 2,000 of the total TX figure are operated in the capital.

2,500th LEVC TX electric cab produced

• Martyn1981
    Options
    BEV's are still (slowly) gaining ground.

New Car Sales In UK Falter As BEV Sales Soar
    Sales of new fully electric cars were up 158% in July compared with a year ago. 2,271 battery electric cars were registered in July 2019, compared with 880 in July 2018. That means battery cars represented a 1.4% share of the total new car market last month, the highest ever share recorded in any month for electric vehicles, says Business Green.

Tesla Model 3 = 9th Best Selling Car In USA In 2nd Quarter
    In the second quarter of 2019, the Tesla Model 3 was again the only premium-class car on the top 10 ranking of US car sales. According to official figures from automakers and CleanTechnica’s estimate for US Tesla sales, the Model 3 was the 9th best selling car in the country in the quarter. (Note that this ranking excludes “light trucks” — pickup trucks, SUVs, and crossovers.)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I saw a Nissan Leaf being used as a minicab today. How does that work?
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options

I don’t know however there are a number of Tesla’s used as Taxis in Luxembourg. (Taxis are expensive in Luxembourg)
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,688 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Just like any other minicab. Depending on the usage patter it's potentially an awful lot cheaper to run than ICE as they can be charging whenever they are between runs.

Might not be great for the airport runs unless there's a fast charger nearby they can use whilst waiting on the flight to come in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback