First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Where and when...?
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Where and when...?

Good question!

It'll probably too far for me to warrant going, but if you can ask one question it would be: "When is the government going to do some useful action in unifying charging standards (including payment methods and systems)."

Charging seems to be the main issue from my browsing of the SpeakEV board.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    Not really a UK government issue - at best, it could be addressed at UNECE level, but it's far more likely to be globally standardised eventually.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where and when...?

Coventry, 19th March 16:30 start.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    Coventry, 19th March 16:30 start.
    Non-starter for me, then. Hey-ho.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Non-starter for me, then. Hey-ho.
    I take it that there's a seriously important reason why that's the case? ... an opportunity to tell not only a someone who expounds the virtues of Hybrids & EVs that they're totally wrong face-to-face, but also address a room full of interested people and convince them that they're all deluded and need to wake up to to the 'reality' that there is no such thing as an EV as it's all a hoax ... no more need for forum anonymity, it could launch a lucrative career in 'reality check' vlogging!! ... ;)

... however, I expect most seeing such a 'generous offer' would have expected it to be declined whatever the reason!

Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zeupater wrote: »
    ... however, I expect most seeing such a 'generous offer' would have expected it to be declined whatever the reason!

It's not that generous. It isn't costing me anything.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah yes, I might have got the country wrong, and I might even have got the car wrong, but A N other country, they happily fit towbars. I thought I remembered someone who just wanted a towbar for a bike rack, was unable to do it, as no one in the UK would fit it unapproved. If the towbar's there, someone could try to use it. Of course I could also try to tow a caravan with a Mini, but when it all went wrong, I'd only have myself to blame - the information is there (in the door frame?).
    If you tow, however, the lack of full size spare wheel (or a spare wheel at all) is another problem seeking a solution regardless of motive power or type approval.

I guess this is so that you can get going again quickly? Anyway, the solution you seek is quite simple - purchase and carry a spare wheel for your car and/or your trailer!

Compare that towing limit to 2000kg for the diesel Outlander, though, or 2500kg for a DiscoSport.

The only valid comparison is Outlander EV vs Outlander diesel. There's no DiscoSport EV to compare.

Anyway, can we put to bed that being electrically powered doesn't stop a car from towing?
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    National Grid are saying 50 locations.

No, their spokesperson says 100.

But enough of this diversion, back to the question. You said that the placement of batts in the floor and the extra weight makes EV's unsuitable for towing.

I've asked repeatedly why, but you keep forgetting to explain.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    You said that the placement of batts in the floor and the extra weight makes EV's unsuitable for towing.
    That isn't what I said, as you well know.

Your inability (or, I suspect, unwillingness, given that you have twisted my words several times now) to understand, despite several explanations by me and another poster, is not my problem.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback