PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    elsiepac wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm really poorly with a STONKING cold (seriously, over just Saturday and Sunday I've gone through 2 loo rolls on my nose and eyes!!) I had a spend Friday night and a spend Saturday - they both included prosecco/wine for lunches over the weekend, one with friends and one for my dads birthday (which I didn't enjoy due to feeling so horrendous), so I'm not sure of the totals till I check the receipts. I feel totally out of control but I physically don't have the money to be so it'll have to stop! My shopping day is supposed to be Thursday so I need to meal plan before then - I try and do this on a Tuesday but as I'm unlikely to do my cleaning tonight due to aforementioned lurgy and also the fact I'm doing a ten hour day today to help out (sigh) at work, I can't see it happening.

So I think Fridge inventory/stock take and meal plan plus shopping list today and then concentrate on cleaning tomorrow.

Weds I'm out for dinner with mum instead of at mine - we are going to the cinema to watch La La Land (I bought her cinema vouchers for her birthday, and got myself £30 worth of vouchers for £17.60 using that Zeek app with the £10 MSE code), and I have 241 Pizz4 3xpress vouchers for our dinner.

Before my lurgy kicked in properly, on Friday night I did a bit of a reorganise in my kitchen - I bought a pine shelf unit for £20 from B&M (first time I've been in - AMAZING place!) and it's now my dry goods store - I'm IMMENSELY proud of how good it looks :D

IMG_4607.jpg

WOW looks fabulous, I have the same jars as on your bottom shelf
    and stack them on top of each other on their sides, saes me so much space. I love your labels can I ask where you got them from please. Hope your cold clears up soon.
    Slimming World at target
  • purpleybat
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    '.:). Arguably the hair colour is an essential as I'm starting to resemble a badger:rotfl:
    Have a good weekend.
    PP x

i look like pepe le pew when I don't dye mine :D
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    meg72 wrote: »
    WOW looks fabulous, I have the same jars as on your bottom shelf
    and stack them on top of each other on their sides, saes me so much space. I love your labels can I ask where you got them from please. Hope your cold clears up soon.

Thanks meg! They hold my dried beans!
    The labels are from Lakeland (my favourite shop I think!) and cost £3.99 for 24 (bear in mind this is 12 large and 12 small, and of those only half of each have a patterned border - I had 2 packs and have used all my patterned ones!). Here is a link for you http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18316/24-Chalkboard-Jar-Labels - you need a chalk pen but they are wipe clean with a bit of wet then dry kitchen towel.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Small spend in Aldis £10.06 eggs, soya milk and some tins for cupboard.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yay another NSD today so only a quid spent so far this month :):):)
  • Franalamadingdong
    Options
    Feel better soon Elsie. Cute stores.

Hope everything is ok Caterina.

We've not had any further spends since Friday. I might stock up on store cupboard and stuff that can be frozen on Wednesday. Depends on if it's near the tip!
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    A NSD for me today :j:j:j
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Sorry all, getting out of the challenge for the time being. Good luck to all still in it and see you on another one in the future, hopefully.
    Trust everything okay with you and hope to 'see' you again soon.

Sending hugs and gws vibes to all the poorlies

NSD here today :j

Hope you all have a super Tuesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top up organised for tomorrow at an embarassing £29, admittedly took advantage of Kenco decaff still being on offer, I should have enough now to last until it goes on offer again, as well as SOs on pork chops and plum tomatoes. However quite a few other not strictly necessary items though they will get used. That said vouchers paid for most so only £9 actually spent so now at £76/£100. Unlikely to meet my goal this month but provided I am under £140 I'll not be unhappy as £100 would seem to have been too big a drop from previous.
  • ancientmum
    Options
    I seem to have spent a lot for only one week into the month, but on the positive side I have enough cat food to last until next pay day. Getting my priorities right!
    Grocery challenge 2024: Annual budget £323.97/1200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport