New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has commented today I feel very blessed .
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hidden thank you for taking the time to read my diary. As you say I am nearer to Manchester than you in fact so near the other hospital I can see it from my windows. I love that you call Bolton town and city Manchester. Town to me is Manchester and Bolton is a nice place to shop.

I think your DD will enjoy the TC very much it's like a big adventure, if you are worried about her perhaps you could ask the mum of the party girl to send you a text just letting you know she's ok.

As for my mum she is like super woman , bounced back and nearly back to former self.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello Cumbria Lass :wave: - read your diary today and have subscribed. You've done really well and congrats on the quarterly update. :j. Will pop in now and again to cheer you on!

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Brilliant work on the debt clearing Cumbria!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    You are doing really well with your debts and getting organised. I cut down on my Christmas card list by sending a free e-card to all my friends and relatives that I thought I could get away with, along with an email explaining that I was saving the environment and would be donating money to charity. I did donate to charity but it was cheaper than sending out cards.
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Glad your mum bounced back (not literally though :p)

I always said I'd move from here but now I feel spoilt having everything so close by especially the hospital! I always say I'd struggle to find somewhere else I could walk to everything I needed.

Hope you have a good day :) x
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Goals for October to year end.
    No clothes buying till January
    Not to go over budget for Christmas
    Stay in entertainment budget as Christmas gets closer
    Reduce Christmas card list.
    Keep going on NSD
    Keep up surveys trying for an extra £20 a month to pay CC

Can't think of anymore for the moment.

Re the Christmas cards - I must say that I do love to receive them and send them out as well! I've spent quite a lot in the past on them but did go rather MSE last January and bought all cards (bar one for DNephew as I couldn't find one I liked!), Xmas bags and tags for this Xmas in the sales! Also bought my stamps then before the postal cost increased! I saved loads!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I do the bulk buy on the cards as well, but my sister takes it a step further and writes them all in one go to, adding the address when she posts them. A step too far for me, its a minor miracle if I remember to post them on time.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I tend to try to do them monthly.
    Get caught out by the out of the ordinary ones ie new baby, new house......
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Just stopped by to check in with you!

I'm loving your October list - it's nice to have goals facing you like that to keep you on the straight and narrow.

RE: Christmas cards - I'm in two minds with what to do about them this year. Last year I stopped sending/ giving generic Christmas cards to neighbours, friends, distant relatives etc as I felt that it was always a stress to get them done and posted in time and was a waste of money.

However, i still spend around £20, maybe more, on Christmas cards for close family on cards like 'Merry Christmas to mum and dad/ aunty and uncle/ nephew' etc. I'd like to still give them cards because I know it means a lot to them to receive and I also buy from Card Factory to keep costs low, but the volume that I need makes that tricky.

I'd considered making cards with the kids but not sure that'd be much cheaper.

I just think it's a lovely tradition but a shame to see such wasted money that goes in the recycling a couple of weeks later. What are your thoughts?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport